Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price won't go down when everybody stops buying them, because that is not going to happen.

What is happening is that there is significant interest and demand, while the factory has just begun to supply the market. In a month or two or three, the price will be at or very near the price-point set by Honda Thailand. When they are just another model for sale along with all other bikes, that's the time to buy. :)

Early-adopters always get whacked...

The price won't go down when everybody stops buying them, because that is not going to happen.

What is happening is that there is significant interest and demand, while the factory has just begun to supply the market. In a month or two or three, the price will be at or very near the price-point set by Honda Thailand. When they are just another model for sale along with all other bikes, that's the time to buy. :)

I know what you are saying, but in this case I don't know. It's a world-wide release and the factory can only do so many. So the Thai market is only secondary to them. They can afford to keep the price up here. They already realized they were too low, and bumped them up 10k and 15k.

And given that it is a much more approachable bike than the Ninja (150k), and a Honda, the demand is going to be high here. I am betting the ABS will end up at 145, and 130 for the non-ABS.

Why push Kawasaki to lower their price, when you can jump up into that hole?

Article here about bike wraps.

http://www.hotbikewe...over/index.html

I'm actually getting interested in this. As there's only a few silver bits on the black 250 I'm thinking of some sort of black wrap. Wasn't sure if it's easy to remove or damages the paint, or if it would just look crap. :)

I also wouldn't trust myself, or some somchai street shop to do it competently though.

I'm actually getting interested in this. As there's only a few silver bits on the black 250 I'm thinking of some sort of black wrap. Wasn't sure if it's easy to remove or damages the paint, or if it would just look crap. :)

I also wouldn't trust myself, or some somchai street shop to do it competently though.

As the all black bike that will be sold in America will be made here surely it wouldn't be that difficult to source the 6-8 parts here in LOS needed to change to an all black bike would it? And if you couldn't you could get them shipped over from America, shouldn't cost that much either.

That's my plan anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.

As the all black bike that will be sold in America will be made here surely it wouldn't be that difficult to source the 6-8 parts here in LOS needed to change to an all black bike would it? And if you couldn't you could get them shipped over from America, shouldn't cost that much either.

That's my plan anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.

all parts white pearl and the black lower fairing, installed by kwaker dealer, total price 14k baht for all parts new including stickers and work, used to be a blue Ninja 650R

post-81971-0-66245200-1295597928_thumb.j

Just went for an oil change.

Had a red/silver ABS that just arrived.

How much?

Don't know? Display only.

And when you sell it how much will it be?

Don't know. I know how much it cost me, but don't know how much I'll sell it for.

Same dealer quoted 120k for the standard when others 1 km away were quoting 110k.

I know what you are saying, but in this case I don't know. It's a world-wide release and the factory can only do so many. So the Thai market is only secondary to them. They can afford to keep the price up here. They already realized they were too low, and bumped them up 10k and 15k.

And given that it is a much more approachable bike than the Ninja (150k), and a Honda, the demand is going to be high here. I am betting the ABS will end up at 145, and 130 for the non-ABS.

As long as cbr 250 is being produced in Thailand, how can it be 130 k here when it is 120 k in USA?

As long as cbr 250 is being produced in Thailand, how can it be 130 k here when it is 120 k in USA?

I think it's priced at about £4k in the UK??

That's 200k Baht

Go figure

10 days ago the biggest Honda dealer in Khampaeng Phet quoted me 140,000 baht for a 250 with ABS.

This afternoon a smaller dealer in Nakhon Sawan quoted me 120,000 for a 250 with ABS and that included registration and tax etc.

K Phet is 65 km from my house and N Sawan 120 km.

Weird or what?

The CBR250 and the Ninja250 are both about $7000 Australian or about Bt.210,000. Probably another Bt.15,000 for the ABS model in the Honda's case.

There is no indication from Honda Thailand that they are following Kawasaki Thailand's example of employing a launch price Bt.8-10,000 less than the price they are currently charging for the Ninja250.

Remember, it's been advertised in the Thai press at Bt.100,000/115,000 with ABS. It won't be that long before supply catches up with demand here and the we'll see the gouger dealers scrambling(as much as a Thai vehicle dealer ever does) for our business. :lol:

But.... 100% more in Britain and Australia.... 20+% more in the USA....

We`are getting a deal here in Thailand! :)

Turned 2000km today. 1500km since I got back a week ago. 300km yesterday and 400 more today.

Can really approach acceleration and cornering in a much different way than the 150. It's allowing me to ride more technically - 'seeing through the arc' and really using the power of the bike to guide it.

Real confidence of how the wheels engage the road too. I'm not watching for every little rut or bump. Can feel the road really well. Great balance.

Way less shifting too. Only a single down-shift before a corner (good engine breaking etc). And it is such a treat to just give it gas and just pull through right through.

I did love my fast CBR150 - it could zip up anywhere and always had power (I had it reasonably built up). If you wanted or needed to accelerate fast, it was always one or two down-shifts and "praaaoooow" - away you go. The bike demanded that it be ridden that way. No choice! Attack hard, or watch the backs of scooters. (I assume the Ninja is like this. If you aren't punching it all the time, you are just limping along).

It's nice to be able to just climb a dang hill without making a scene!

Torque, my friends. Torque...

Even usable torque starting at 3k can pull up pretty quickly. Riding at 7-8k this bike is a monster!

On the highways, I bomb along between cars just like the CBR150. 120km/hr seems to pass more things on this bike than on the old one. Probably a more accurate speedo. Anything over about 135/140 is not so comfortable anyways. A different wind screen may make a big difference.

In the city it feels like my old 150. The mirrors are a little wider - but the bike isn't! Usually make my way up to the lights - even in tight traffic.

30-31km/liter always.

Absolutely love the kick stand. Sure.

The ninja can make it up Doi Suthep in 3rd gear without ever having to downshift, 180lb rider. Yes the cbr 150 you'd have to attack hard or get that downshift drone only having to upshift when you got through the corner. 14/44 sprockets would get you up Doi Suthep with much less work.

CBR 150 never really felt like the bike was contributing to cornering abilities, ninja 250 felt like one with the bike, im assuming like the cbr 250.

10 days ago the biggest Honda dealer in Khampaeng Phet quoted me 140,000 baht for a 250 with ABS.

This afternoon a smaller dealer in Nakhon Sawan quoted me 120,000 for a 250 with ABS and that included registration and tax etc.

Weird or what?

Yesterday, the largest dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 120,000 for a standard 250, and 150,000 with ABS. There is no way I will pay that much, so I will be buying somewhere else.

Weird or what?

Yesterday, the largest dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 120,000 for a standard 250, and 150,000 with ABS. There is no way I will pay that much, so I will be buying somewhere else.

They have gotta be taking the piss!

Since the RRP seems only a guide, maybe we should start a country wide campaign and everyone interested in a CBR250 walk into Honda dealers and offer 80K! That'll learn learn 'em! :lol:

Weird or what?

Since the RRP seems only a guide, maybe we should start a country wide campaign and everyone interested in a CBR250 walk into Honda dealers and offer 80K! That'll learn learn 'em! :lol:

That's a great idea. Especially if you can get the Thai's involved and ONLY do it to the greedy ones.

I think cbr250 105.000b and cbr250 ABS 120,000 all in is fair.

I think the problem stems from APe themselves not putting enough margin on the cbr250 dealer price of 96,000b

Edited by thaicbr

... If you wanted or needed to accelerate fast, it was always one or two down-shifts and "praaaoooow" - away you go. The bike demanded that it be ridden that way. No choice! Attack hard, or watch the backs of scooters. (I assume the Ninja is like this. If you aren't punching it all the time, you are just limping along).

The ninja can make it up Doi Suthep in 3rd gear without ever having to downshift, 180lb rider. Yes the cbr 150 you'd have to attack hard or get that downshift drone only having to upshift when you got through the corner. 14/44 sprockets would get you up Doi Suthep with much less work.

CBR 150 never really felt like the bike was contributing to cornering abilities, ninja 250 felt like one with the bike, im assuming like the cbr 250.

About the Ninja, I am sure it has plenty of power!

But it is still screaming all the way in 3rd, no? I read that the revs must always above 9,000.

btw - on my old CBR I went to 15/47 (about the same as 14/44) with an over-sized piston and proper down-pipe. It was pretty fast, but still too much down-shifting or screaming, or both.

But my main point was that the power of the new 250 does indeed feel "like the bike was contributing to cornering abilities... felt like one with the bike" in comparison to the old CBR150.

While I didn't want another high-revving bike, I am sure that the Ninja is indeed a 'real' bike ;>]

Weird or what?

150k is the price my regular dealer in Bangkok quoted me a couple a days ago for the ABS model. I didn't offer them 80k but when they asked if I wanted to order I told them I was going to buy a Kawasaki instead.

Weird or what?

150k is the price my regular dealer in Bangkok quoted me a couple a days ago for the ABS model. I didn't offer them 80k but when they asked if I wanted to order I told them I was going to buy a Kawasaki instead.

:D:D:D:D That works as well. Or you just say your off down the road to the next Honda shop B)

Doesn't RRP stand for Recommended Retail Price? wink.gif

Yes, maybe get everybody to walk into Poseidon and tell them we're only paying 2k a superstar too.

And btw, 150k ABS CBR, is a much better deal than the non-ABS ninja. Quicker to 100kph too. And more torque. And better warranty. :Dwhistling.gif

Edited by appropriate

.... I am betting the ABS will end up at 145, and 130 for the non-ABS.

---

150k is the price my regular dealer in Bangkok quoted me a couple a days ago for the ABS model.

---

Yesterday, the largest dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 120,000 for a standard 250, and 150,000 with ABS

Maybe we are making a good investment. Love to see my bike worth 20k more next year!

Turned 2000km today. 1500km since I got back a week ago. 300km yesterday and 400 more today.

Can really approach acceleration and cornering in a much different way than the 150. It's allowing me to ride more technically - 'seeing through the arc' and really using the power of the bike to guide it.

Real confidence of how the wheels engage the road too. I'm not watching for every little rut or bump. Can feel the road really well. Great balance.

Way less shifting too. Only a single down-shift before a corner (good engine breaking etc). And it is such a treat to just give it gas and just pull through right through.

I did love my fast CBR150 - it could zip up anywhere and always had power (I had it reasonably built up). If you wanted or needed to accelerate fast, it was always one or two down-shifts and "praaaoooow" - away you go. The bike demanded that it be ridden that way. No choice! Attack hard, or watch the backs of scooters. (I assume the Ninja is like this. If you aren't punching it all the time, you are just limping along).

Even usable torque starting at 3k can pull up pretty quickly. Riding at 7-8k this bike is a monster!

On the highways, I bomb along between cars just like the CBR150. 120km/hr seems to pass more things on this bike than on the old one. Probably a more accurate speedo. Anything over about 135/140 is not so comfortable anyways. A different wind screen may make a big difference.

In the city it feels like my old 150. The mirrors are a little wider - but the bike isn't! Usually make my way up to the lights - even in tight traffic.

30-31km/liter always.

"CBR 150 never really felt like the bike was contributing to the cornering abilities". Did it refuse point blank to turn, and end up in the bushes? It's never happened to me with my CBR 150. The expression "pretentious <deleted>" spring to mind.

... If you wanted or needed to accelerate fast, it was always one or two down-shifts and "praaaoooow" - away you go. The bike demanded that it be ridden that way. No choice! Attack hard, or watch the backs of scooters. (I assume the Ninja is like this. If you aren't punching it all the time, you are just limping along).

About the Ninja, I am sure it has plenty of power!

But it is still screaming all the way in 3rd, no? I read that the revs must always above 9,000.

btw - on my old CBR I went to 15/47 (about the same as 14/44) with an over-sized piston and proper down-pipe. It was pretty fast, but still too much down-shifting or screaming, or both.

But my main point was that the power of the new 250 does indeed feel "like the bike was contributing to cornering abilities... felt like one with the bike" in comparison to the old CBR150.

While I didn't want another high-revving bike, I am sure that the Ninja is indeed a 'real' bike ;>]

It's not as bad as people say, just people that dont know how to ride the powerband and keep in the right gear say that. I thought that too until i rented one for 5 days.

The ninja remained quite docile going up Suthep, no need to keep the revs up or keep shifting, just point and shoot once you find your gear.

Edited by KRS1

30-31km/liter always.

"CBR 150 never really felt like the bike was contributing to the cornering abilities". Did it refuse point blank to turn, and end up in the bushes? It's never happened to me with my CBR 150. The expression "pretentious <deleted>" spring to mind.

The term inexperienced rider that has only owned 1 bike comes to my mind. If you ever get on a bigger bike you'll understand.

Everyone that has made the switch from a cbr 150 to a ninja 250 or cbr 250 knows what im talking about.

Edited by KRS1

13 budgies: I think some are trying to explain the effects of horse power and torque here, not just handling.

By the way, did you notice that your last message was 13 reversed? 31. Have no idea what it means!

But it did make me wonder if you'd read the rules yet? I had in mind 1, 3 (quite a coincidence) but particularly 4. Kind of wrecks it, except 1+3=4.

13 budgies: I think some are trying to explain the effects of horse power and torque here, not just handling.

By the way, did you notice that your last message was 13 reversed? 31. Have no idea what it means!

But it did make me wonder if you'd read the rules yet? I had in mind 1, 3 (quite a coincidence) but particularly 4. Kind of wrecks it, except 1+3=4.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CMX. have you taken your medication today......

Doesn't RRP stand for Recommended Retail Price? wink.gif

Yes, maybe get everybody to walk into Poseidon and tell them we're only paying 2k a superstar too.

And btw, 150k ABS CBR, is a much better deal than the non-ABS ninja. Quicker to 100kph too. And more torque. And better warranty. :Dwhistling.gif

I'm pretty sure that Poseidon have a price menu listed as from x.xxx for normal and xx.xxx for superstar etc. Not that i have been there but i know a few who have.

As for RRP yes it is Recommended Retail Price. Do you know many Car dealers or scooter dealers selling so much OVER RRP.

APe are making NO attempt of enforcing RRP, They even told me at the motorshow some stupid excuse that they only make them not sell them..... the same as every other bike and car company who manage to control RRP.

30-31km/liter always.

The term inexperienced rider that has only owned 1 bike comes to my mind. If you ever get on a bigger bike you'll understand.

Everyone that has made the switch from a cbr 150 to a ninja 250 or cbr 250 knows what im talking about.

My last bike (quite a few years ago) was a Yamaha FJ1100, and before that a GS1000. Now I'm quite happy with my little Honda.