Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Such as: What is making the noise? Why doesnt it need to be fixed?

Fair questions that should be answered.

I would guess they either do not know, or know and don't want to replace/fix it. Probably the first one.

Yeah, I agree, they have not idea if there's a problem or what the problem might be and they're hoping you'll go away.

I'm sure none of the local dealers have mechanics trained to work on the engine internals of this new bike so most likely the bike would need to be sent back to the factory where hopefully they have competent staff who can diagnose and fix the problem.

The bikes comes with 3 year warranty, right? If they keep giving you the runaround and performance isn't affected I'd just beat the crap out of it and try your best to blow it up- then they'll have to fix it :lol:

But that's just me :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have an issue with my Honda CBR 250.

At 4-5krpm the engine is making a 'knocking' noise when accelerating. This noise is most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gear and when the engine is under load. The bike has done 3k Km.

I took my CBR back to the dealer and they could not advise me of what the problem was so they filled in a report and said it would be sent to Honda. A week later i returned to the dealership and inquired if they had heard back. They said that Honda's answer was that the noise is nothing to worry about and does not need any attention. I asked what was making the noise and the mechanic pointed to the cam shaft. I have been given no further information.

I feel that this explanation is unacceptable coming from such a reputable name as Honda. The bike is brand new and has been looked after according to Honda guidelines. I would like a full written explanation of what is causing this noise and why Honda feels it does not need to be fixed.

Kind Regards

I took mine out the other day with an open faced helmet, so I could get a better sense of the engine noise.

What I observed is, yes there are particular noises at the different revs, but I can’t really comment as this is my first single cylinder bike.

I have absolutely no problems with the performance of the bike.

I haven't had any complaints of knocking from our customers who have the 250. As for me, I only get knocking at low revs. when I slow down and don't down shift enough and then try to speed up. I don't notice any knocking at 4-5k revs. I'll ask my mechanics and see what they think.

I haven't had any complaints of knocking from our customers who have the 250. As for me, I only get knocking at low revs in situations where I have slowed down and not down shifted enough. Once I speed up or down shift it goes away. I don't notice any knocking at 4-5k revs. I'll ask my mechanics and see what they think.

Thanks mate, every little helps!

I haven't had any complaints of knocking from our customers who have the 250. As for me, I only get knocking at low revs in situations where I have slowed down and not down shifted enough. Once I speed up or down shift it goes away. I don't notice any knocking at 4-5k revs. I'll ask my mechanics and see what they think.

That is very much like how mine performs and the knocking sound does not sound excessive.

That is very much like how mine performs and the knocking sound does not sound excessive.

It is a thumper after all... :rolleyes:

BTW, DBS have just released a new pipe for the ninja.

Rumour has it that it's very similar to the CBR250 pipe that they're developing for release supposedly next month - triangular in shape and carbon fiber.

dsc00614pi.jpgdsc00616do.jpg

dsc01283_resize.jpg

9000b full system. 6500b slip on.

Full CBR system is rumoured to be about 7500.

I had quite a lengthy conversation with Visit at DBS just yesterday, he said the carbon CBR triangle full system is about 2-3 weeks away from being finished and will be 9000baht which is the same as the Ninja one they make. He said he'll call me as soon as they are ready and also sent me a pic, lovely looking pipe and great quality from DBS too.

Had an email from DBS yesterday, their triangular full system (carbon) exhaust won't be ready for at least another month, probably two, as they just had an order from Europe for 1000 2-stroke exhausts so they will take priority. Bummer!

BTW, DBS have just released a new pipe for the ninja.

Rumour has it that it's very similar to the CBR250 pipe that they're developing for release supposedly next month - triangular in shape and carbon fiber.

dsc00614pi.jpgdsc00616do.jpg

dsc01283_resize.jpg

9000b full system. 6500b slip on.

Full CBR system is rumoured to be about 7500.

I had quite a lengthy conversation with Visit at DBS just yesterday, he said the carbon CBR triangle full system is about 2-3 weeks away from being finished and will be 9000baht which is the same as the Ninja one they make. He said he'll call me as soon as they are ready and also sent me a pic, lovely looking pipe and great quality from DBS too.

Had an email from DBS yesterday, their triangular full system (carbon) exhaust won't be ready for at least another month, probably two, as they just had an order from Europe for 1000 2-stroke exhausts so they will take priority. Bummer!

Wow, that looks pretty sweet!

Honda CBR250 filter part No.. 15410-KYJ-901

Oil filters like this one ;-)

Did you get that at a Honda dealer? I'm waiting on one myself.

Came through Asian Honda who import everything for APHonda.

It means they must be in the shops now or "coming soon"

Strangely the package says "Made in Thaland"

Go figure :rolleyes:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have an issue with my Honda CBR 250.

At 4-5krpm the engine is making a 'knocking' noise when accelerating. This noise is most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gear and when the engine is under load. The bike has done 3k Km.

I took my CBR back to the dealer and they could not advise me of what the problem was so they filled in a report and said it would be sent to Honda. A week later i returned to the dealership and inquired if they had heard back. They said that Honda's answer was that the noise is nothing to worry about and does not need any attention. I asked what was making the noise and the mechanic pointed to the cam shaft. I have been given no further information.

I feel that this explanation is unacceptable coming from such a reputable name as Honda. The bike is brand new and has been looked after according to Honda guidelines. I would like a full written explanation of what is causing this noise and why Honda feels it does not need to be fixed.

Kind Regards

Just got a call from AP Honda. They are sending an Engineer all the way down here to investigate! Thats impressive by any standard! smile.gif

Ok Guys wasn't online for couple days so here is the update of the story about my bike. Since yesterday it is ready to pick up again.

Honda called and explained what was wrong: It was a problem with the piston, so of course oil was getting into the motor and burned. They replaced the piston- head, -skirt and all piston rings. Will pick it up tomorrow lets see if theres still any knocking.....

Ok Guys wasn't online for couple days so here is the update of the story about my bike. Since yesterday it is ready to pick up again.

Honda called and explained what was wrong: It was a problem with the piston, so of course oil was getting into the motor and burned. They replaced the piston- head, -skirt and all piston rings. Will pick it up tomorrow lets see if theres still any knocking.....

Hilli. Ask to see the old parts or get pictures (to make sure they were changed)

also check the oil before you take it away.(double check WHAT oil they put in (some shops do not use multigrade oil).

Who did the work, the shop or APe Honda.

The problem really sounds like the shop did not put enough oil in when they serviced the bike...

I suggest you all check the oil every time.. The mechs are so used to just putting in one can of oilcool.gif

Hilli. Ask to see the old parts or get pictures (to make sure they were changed)

also check the oil before you take it away.(double check WHAT oil they put in (some shops do not use multigrade oil).

Who did the work, the shop or APe Honda.

The problem really sounds like the shop did not put enough oil in when they serviced the bike...

I suggest you all check the oil every time.. The mechs are so used to just putting in one can of oilcool.gif

Thanks for the tips thaicbr, but i think i cant blame my dealer at all cause it seems the Oil level was normal from the beginning on and actually the bike never serviced yet (700km). The work was done by APe Honda, the Mechs at my dealer didn't want to touch it and sent it straight to them. And APe Honda confirmed that it was a assembly fault of them. But for sure i will check the oil regularly now.

I think i can trust the APes on this, who wants bad press on a new released bike?

Nice, I really wanna get a pipe like that. But head is ruling heart and waiting until there's many tried and tested in the real world, and there's the rest of the system to go with it (airfilter, juicebox).

Sounds nice that one.

Praram2bikes have been making exhausts for years and has a good reputation, the one I'm getting has been tried and tested on many other bigger bikes, it's just the connecting pipe which is different. If you are happy with a 2-3hp gain, a much better looking and sounding pipe than the awful stock one then then you don't really need the juicebox etc.

I was going to wait as well but after a fair few emails to the 'big boys' like LeoVince, 2bros, Arrow etc it's going to be at least 3-4 months at the earliest before they are availabe and then you have to either pay silly money here in Thailand (20k+++) or import one yourself with the possibility of a crazy customs bill so I went for the one from Thailand.

Praram2bikes have been making exhausts for years and has a good reputation, the one I'm getting has been tried and tested on many other bigger bikes, it's just the connecting pipe which is different. If you are happy with a 2-3hp gain, a much better looking and sounding pipe than the awful stock one then then you don't really need the juicebox etc.

Yup, true. It's just how the bike runs is more important than looks and sounds to me tbh. I find that usually just changing the pipe will make it run too lean, not sure how good the ECU is on the CBR in terms of this. Will be good to get feedback on all the different options as they come out.

Yup, true. It's just how the bike runs is more important than looks and sounds to me tbh. I find that usually just changing the pipe will make it run too lean, not sure how good the ECU is on the CBR in terms of this. Will be good to get feedback on all the different options as they come out.

to get real facts and figures about this we should do a dyno run stock vs modified....

hi guys, i´ve enjoyed to follow the forum for some month now.

i ve tried a rough modification for the cbr. just thinking of what kawa did with to the enr6 to make it a versys...

maybe take the suspension from the cr 250? what do you think? and maybe the steering bar?

can i increase the compression by adding a longer piston? does that make sense?

is there any juice box available jet?

cheers

post-125293-0-01228800-1298539453_thumb.

to get real facts and figures about this we should do a dyno run stock vs modified....

Yes, mainly why I'm waiting until the bike is global and people have been doing lots of different things with them. All agree the CBR has a lot more in it than it's letting out in stock form (see my utube vid a few posts back with it running to 171kph).

I want to unleash some what it has without altering the ride. Honda generally have their bikes set up to run perfectly in their current form, changing just one aspect will usually change the feel of the ride, such as a pipe from a bigger bike making it run too lean.

Stock dyno run is already available, think I posted it in this thread. Yet to see one for a modified version. These local companies offering 10%+ performance for a few thousand baht should really spend the 600b to back up their promises, it they're true of course... K-Speed offering 20% better acceleration from their 2,500b cut-job on the stock exhaust for example.

Honda generally have their bikes set up to run perfectly in their current form, changing just one aspect will usually change the feel of the ride, such as a pipe from a bigger bike making it run too lean.

If you change "perfectly" to "legally" I will agree with you.

And what is perfect for one person, say fuel efficiency for example, is not perfect for the next who would happily sacrifice fuel efficiency for more torque and horsepower.

Honda generally have their bikes set up to run perfectly in their current form, changing just one aspect will usually change the feel of the ride, such as a pipe from a bigger bike making it run too lean.

If you change "perfectly" to "legally" I will agree with you.

And what is perfect for one person, say fuel efficiency for example, is not perfect for the next who would happily sacrifice fuel efficiency for more torque and horsepower.

Sorry, I was referring to fuel/air compression ratio. Nothing to do with fuel efficiency, torque or HP.

For eg, changing the pipe will increase the ratio of air in the compression. Stock compression ratio is 10.7:1. Change the compression ratio and the bike isn't likely to ride as nice, as it will be running lean with too much air to not enough fuel.

I'm only speaking from my experience.

Archived