Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ interesting, I'm going that route in 2 or 3 yrs - ninja/Er-6n. Wonder how much the CBR will be worth then. Could well be retailing new at 150k+ :D.

This is my logic too. So far I've had a Fino and a CBR 150 on finance. I've reserved a 250. The idea being that if I keep trading up eventually I'll be driving a Ducati.

Unfortunately by the time I've done this I'll probably be too old to be driving round on a Ducati :)

Why 2-3 years? Riding ability or money?

Probably a bit of both. That was the plan upon purchase, get a few more years of Thai roads with a 'bigger' size bike before moving up to the 650.

Should be moving to the North around then and think the Ninja650 as a sports/tourer would be ideal up there.

Being perfectly honest though, since getting the CBR and putting 6000km on it, I've been on a few rides and thought 'Why the hell do I need the Ninja 650, this is more than enough in terms of fun, power, and comfy 500km+ dayrides'. Suits my daily commute through traffic better than the ninja would too.

In a year or two I'll make a decision and might well choose to put in a full aftermarket system in the CBR instead. :)

Probably a bit of both. That was the plan upon purchase, get a few more years of Thai roads with a 'bigger' size bike before moving up to the 650.

Should be moving to the North around then and think the Ninja650 as a sports/tourer would be ideal up there.

Being perfectly honest though, since getting the CBR and putting 6000km on it, I've been on a few rides and thought 'Why the hell do I need the Ninja 650, this is more than enough in terms of fun, power, and comfy 500km+ dayrides'. Suits my daily commute through traffic better than the ninja would too.

In a year or two I'll make a decision and might well choose to put in a full aftermarket system in the CBR instead. :)

I know exactly what you mean. I really can't justify buying a bigger bike. The Honda is superb for my needs and i'm not sure if the Ern6 is 200k baht better. It was my heart that made the decicoin to get the 250 instead of the 150 but i think my head will make the decision NOT to upgrade too soon.

Appropriate...just between us bike lovers, I'd stick with the CBR and forget the Ninja. I had the 650 a few years back in the States, and while I loved it on the highways, it was not the same for city driving. For the 500-1,000 trips, in my opinion, the 250 is just as good, if not a better bike overall. Yeah, right now I've got the 150, and having a blast with it, but will get the 250 later. I considered the 650, but even the girl at Kawasaki in Chiang Mai laughed and said the 650 was really too big for Thai roads, as all Thai drivers are crazy. Granted, the roads up here are GREAT for bikes, but I think you'll find the 250 was "tailor made" for them.

Just my humble opinion.

I know exactly what you mean. I really can't justify buying a bigger bike. The Honda is superb for my needs and i'm not sure if the Ern6 is 200k baht better. It was my heart that made the decicoin to get the 250 instead of the 150 but i think my head will make the decision NOT to upgrade too soon.

The ER-6n is 115k baht more expensive than what my Honda dealer might sell me a 250 for, if they can ever get me one. I'm not sure where your 200k more figure came from. The Kawasaki big bikes are looking better every day for me, I want to ride something before the rains come!

A 650cc bike is not too big for thai roads... It must be perfect...

Come september I will trade my cbr up to a larger bike again... Might even try to get the gsxr1000... Just because it is georgeous...

Now- the speeds these bikes get up to might be to fast for thai roads but that can be said about the PCX as well...

Appropriate...just between us bike lovers, I'd stick with the CBR and forget the Ninja. I had the 650 a few years back in the States, and while I loved it on the highways, it was not the same for city driving. For the 500-1,000 trips, in my opinion, the 250 is just as good, if not a better bike overall. Yeah, right now I've got the 150, and having a blast with it, but will get the 250 later. I considered the 650, but even the girl at Kawasaki in Chiang Mai laughed and said the 650 was really too big for Thai roads, as all Thai drivers are crazy. Granted, the roads up here are GREAT for bikes, but I think you'll find the 250 was "tailor made" for them.

I agree. The plan would be to get a nouvo for the 7-11 and city runs, and keep the ninja for the fun runs. :)

Just riding the CBR this morning and it put a massive smile on my dial the entire way, as it does every day. Everyday I love it more and more. What a great, fun, light little bike it is. Flinging it around in the powerband is simply awesome. I think the sheer responsiveness and mid-range acceleration is its main draw, pulling out from behind a car in 4th gear and without downshifting shooting from the mid-range up to 120+ is spectacular on such a nimble, yet stable bike, flick it into 5th to burst up to 140+ and it would make anyone smile. Add how light and nimble it is and it's a winner through and through.

Everyday I fall in love it with it again and again. :D

Saw a flipped Silver/Gray 250 in the Mityon Thepprasit shop yesterday. Fair bit of damage.

None in the showroom though.

I think the supply problem will gradually sort itself out as Honda ships enough overseas to meet initial demand. As it's a "global" bike, we are just one country on the list, even though manufactured here. :(

The ER-6n is 115k baht more expensive than what my Honda dealer might sell me a 250 for, if they can ever get me one. I'm not sure where your 200k more figure came from. The Kawasaki big bikes are looking better every day for me, I want to ride something before the rains come!

I do apologise, I have told myself a billion times not to exaggerate. For me it's more like 140K more than I paid for my Honda. That amount would have to financed!

With the rain coming the repayments on an Ern6 are going to pay for a rental car. Sucks sad.gif

I think the supply problem will gradually sort itself out as Honda ships enough overseas to meet initial demand. As it's a "global" bike, we are just one country on the list, even though manufactured here. :(

Saw today that Honda Korea and Honda UK have announced it's official release and price (about 160k and 183k thb respectively) for the end of March. Then Australia, India, America and Europe in April.

With the plant in India still not producing, the Thai plant has to supply every single bike for these in demand markets. I imagine it's going to be quite a while before there's anything close to supply/demand equilibrium.

When it comes down to it in a few months and the demand outweighs the supply to America and Europe, who do you think Honda are going to supply first, their Thai customers or those in developed world markets?

BTW, anyone know when the Indian production line is actually going to start moving?

A 650cc bike is not too big for thai roads... It must be perfect...

Come september I will trade my cbr up to a larger bike again... Might even try to get the gsxr1000... Just because it is georgeous...

Now- the speeds these bikes get up to might be to fast for thai roads but that can be said about the PCX as well...

Ninja 650R is perfect :)

post-81971-0-75675200-1298954432_thumb.jpost-81971-0-55138500-1298954477_thumb.j

adeqaute power, not to heavy, cheap parts and service available same day or next day. gasohol compatibel. Best bikes I have had in LOS :D

previous owned larger bikes in LOS, as weel as a bunch of smaller, but kwaker 650 wins.for now

Just as the light was approaching the 10s to go a young Thai guy drew up beside me in a modified two stroke.

I could tell he wanted to dice, but I just could not be bothered, anyway he proceeded to jump the light early and pulled away.

When he was about 20m away he kicked out his right leg in what I took to be a victory salute, but unfortunately he clipped the pick-up in front of him and down he went.

I managed to avoid him, but I am not sure if the vehicles behind me did.

Let's hope he is okay and hopefully has learned a lesson, but I doubt it.

Hopefully next time you will take a minute out of your busy schedule to pull over and see if the other rider, another fellow human is ok. it's called compassion.

Enjoy Your Stay!

:jap:

Just as the light was approaching the 10s to go a young Thai guy drew up beside me in a modified two stroke.

I could tell he wanted to dice, but I just could not be bothered, anyway he proceeded to jump the light early and pulled away.

When he was about 20m away he kicked out his right leg in what I took to be a victory salute, but unfortunately he clipped the pick-up in front of him and down he went.

Hopefully next time you will take a minute out of your busy schedule to pull over and see if the other rider, another fellow human is ok. it's called compassion.

Enjoy Your Stay!

Agreed :thumbsup:

Major cause of death on the road here is waiting for an ambulance... :(

Not wanting to joke about it but i for one would not want to be on one of those 'ambulances'... They scare the shit out of me! But yes- i would agree that you should stop to check if he was ok, or that other people were helping him... It could have been you!

Enjoy Your Stay!

There were plenty of vehicles about and I am sure some of them stopped.

If I had have stopped then I would have in some way been blamed for the accident and that my friend I know from living here for 24 years.

Enjoy Your Stay!

If I had have stopped then I would have in some way been blamed for the accident and that my friend I know from living here for 24 years.

@Stander

Sad but true. The point about being "blamed" for the accident is not without foundation...

ps. Do I win a free CBR for being the first post on page 100?

To stop or not to stop. This is a big question. Stopping might put you into danger of blame and possibly a beating. Not stopping has a consequence in your conscience. It is tragic that this is a reality here.

In my three crashes I have been minimally helped by Thais, actually the last one I was surrounded by about a hundred people, and no one did a thing, maybe because it involved two farangs and no Thais. I had to get my own bike off the road with a trashed ankle.

In that situation i wouldn't have stopped either. Obviously a different story if no one else is around to help. It just gets too complicated otherwise. Being set upon by several drunk thai guys when in a minor accident has changed my opinion on stopping, i was lucky that they hit and kicked like pussies and that no one grabbed an iron bar. A hundred plus people watching for 15 minutes but only one guy eventually stepped forward and told me to get on the bike and "Go". Drive straight to the cops if you must, and take a lawyer with you!

A couple of years ago I was involved in an accident. I was waiting to turn into the little Tesco in BoSang. There was oncoming traffic so I was waiting. However, an idiot on a motorbike decided he could make it out of the Tesco lot before the traffic got there. Bad decision. He got hit, knocking him into me and sending me flying. Broke my right shoulder when I hit the pavement, and heard the sound of tires screeching and looked up to find the front bumper of a car about 6 inches from my face.

The woman driving the car, who had hit the idiot on the motorbike, turned out to be a nurse. She pretty much ignored the Thai who was laying in the road and came straight to me. Maybe it was because I had managed to get my helmet off and she could see I was farang. Whatever the case, within a minute there were half a dozen cops there. The nurse was very concerned about me and wanted to take me to the hospital in her own car, as soon as the police could clear up as to what happened. While they were doing that, her brother, who speaks very good English showed up. He and a friend actually pushed the motorbike down the street to a repair shop (only minor stuff), and then she and her brother took me to the hospital where she worked, as well as calling my wife and letting her know what had happened and where I was. Since then, she and her family have become good friends to me and my wife.

In another incident, at the crossing of 1317 and 121 there was an accident involving an old man on a motorbike and a pickup truck that ran a red light. I saw it happen, and as soon as I could, I got through the light and pulled over. My wife was frantic, telling me not to stop, not to help, because I could be blamed for it. Sorry. I spent 20 years in the Marines, with most of that in Recon, so I know a thing or two about how to treat injuries, and my conscious would not let me just ignore this old man. I got out to help while others just stood around gaping. My wife grabbed her cell and called the husband of her cousin, who is a Sgt. Major with the local BIB. He rushed to the scene, along with a couple of others, and an "ambulance" finally arrived and took the man to the hospital. Later we were contacted by the daughter of the old man who said the doctors told her that if I had not helped, he would have died before reaching the hospital. The asked where we lived and the next day came with gift baskets, small Buddha amulets, and expressed their gratitude for saving the life of their father.

So, while we all know the "horror stories" of accidents, especially those involving farangs, sometimes there is a good side to them. Maybe I've just been very lucky.

I have no problem with the decision I made, I never even considered stopping, as I was at best a witness amongst 30 to 40 other witnesses

If I had stopped, park the bike up and then proceed to make my way back to the incident that unfortunately would have been taken by the locals to be a sign of guilt.

As for the victim his decisions were a direct cause of the accident, chooses to ride with flip-flops, without a helmet, to jump the red light, and to kick out his leg.

As I said before I certainly hope he is okay and learns from the incident.

A couple of years ago I was involved in an accident. I was waiting to turn into the little Tesco in BoSang. There was oncoming traffic so I was waiting. However, an idiot on a motorbike decided he could make it out of the Tesco lot before the traffic got there. Bad decision. He got hit, knocking him into me and sending me flying. Broke my right shoulder when I hit the pavement, and heard the sound of tires screeching and looked up to find the front bumper of a car about 6 inches from my face.

The woman driving the car, who had hit the idiot on the motorbike, turned out to be a nurse. She pretty much ignored the Thai who was laying in the road and came straight to me. Maybe it was because I had managed to get my helmet off and she could see I was farang. Whatever the case, within a minute there were half a dozen cops there. The nurse was very concerned about me and wanted to take me to the hospital in her own car, as soon as the police could clear up as to what happened. While they were doing that, her brother, who speaks very good English showed up. He and a friend actually pushed the motorbike down the street to a repair shop (only minor stuff), and then she and her brother took me to the hospital where she worked, as well as calling my wife and letting her know what had happened and where I was. Since then, she and her family have become good friends to me and my wife.

In another incident, at the crossing of 1317 and 121 there was an accident involving an old man on a motorbike and a pickup truck that ran a red light. I saw it happen, and as soon as I could, I got through the light and pulled over. My wife was frantic, telling me not to stop, not to help, because I could be blamed for it. Sorry. I spent 20 years in the Marines, with most of that in Recon, so I know a thing or two about how to treat injuries, and my conscious would not let me just ignore this old man. I got out to help while others just stood around gaping. My wife grabbed her cell and called the husband of her cousin, who is a Sgt. Major with the local BIB. He rushed to the scene, along with a couple of others, and an "ambulance" finally arrived and took the man to the hospital. Later we were contacted by the daughter of the old man who said the doctors told her that if I had not helped, he would have died before reaching the hospital. The asked where we lived and the next day came with gift baskets, small Buddha amulets, and expressed their gratitude for saving the life of their father.

So, while we all know the "horror stories" of accidents, especially those involving farangs, sometimes there is a good side to them. Maybe I've just been very lucky.

Maybe a bit of luck, but more likely your 'connections' and where you live.

Good on you for helping out, hope you are around if ever i have another accident! :)

It seems we have some mixed feelings on this subject and it's also perhaps a little off topic but I think that none of us are complete a**holes or idiots and that we just have to make the best judgement possible at the time on whether to get involved or not.

Enjoy Your Stay!

agreed

arriving 5 minutes later it should be safe to assist, maybe, but being ther at point of accident often 5 thais will jump at you to blame you for causing accident. Sad to say you did the right thing

is there any juice box available jet?

cheers

It is coming but it is still winter in the US. When spring starts they will be right on it. They already have a fuel injector so wiring is done just waiting for the local Honda dealer to get a bike for dyno testing so the unit can be delivered with basic settings.

I am sure there will be other local ECU "cheater" boxes.

Archived