Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I'm perfectly happy to admit when I fack up, like when I binned the Gixxer last week- http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4338861

Or when I dumped my 650R in Nan way back when (sorry, can't be arsed to dig up the link).

OR...

oh wait, that's not me... :D

You're absolutely right that I will continue to tease and joke on this forum. Some folks take themselves a bit too seriously methinks. :rolleyes:

And sorry, but if you need to be reminded to clean and oil your chain, then you too must be new to motorcycles... :passifier:

Happy Trails!

Tony :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity, is that hysterically laughing snapperhead in the above VDO Tony?

Sorry, that's not me and I don't know what a snapperhead is...

Urban Dictionary: snapper head

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another contradiction from Tony! How many videos have you posted on here of you on your gixxer chasing other bikes at ridiculous speeds on PUBLIC roads? :ermm:

Nonsense- I never push my limits or get a knee down on public roads.

Compare my lean angles on public roads like this-

vs on the track-

What you call "ridiculous speeds", I call cruising :passifier:

It's obvious from your 'chase' videos you've posted that you treat the Thai roads like your own personal racetrack, I'd say easily over 200kph on many of them am I right? Overtaking pick-ups while going round corners, up to you mate but lets hope you continue to be lucky! :o

I know you like to always be the main man on the TV bike forum but you've made it clear you don't think much of the CBR 250R or it's owners so why do you continue to post in this thread, most of what you write are put-downs and pisstakes!

And, like you did about the er6n high seat, you often contradict yourself, I couldn't stop laughing recently when I was reading through the Ninja 250 thread and saw this 'Personally I'm happy with the top speed I get now- on a bike that light and on Thai roads I generally would not feel comfortable going much faster' and that was about a speed of around 160kph, have the roads changed that much in the last few years?! :D

I just want to say that i managed to get home alive... Applause please...

I got pulled by the bibs about 70km from my house... They claimed i was going over 160... I had to ask them twice as they said it was way faster... Then i told them that the fastest i had been on that bike was 157 or 159... But that was not today since i was riding all the way from bangkok... I told them while they debated my fine i would just pop into seveneleven... I bought each copper a coffee, total 90something bath... Gave it to them when i went back out to them- and asked about the fine... They just told me to ride slower, and asked if i could pull a wheele for them... Told them with all the stuff on the bike and the fact it is a small bike that i could not, they seemed sad when i left...

Just after that i met the guy that sold me the zx12r.. He is now riding a newish zx10... Nice but no plate 'he is a cop so he doesnt care'...

Then i arrived back home, unloaded the 10kg box with oranges i bought and gave it to my neighbours- they were amazed that my little bike could do all that it did... So now they want to buy it in september:-)

sore arse- very good fun- guess i will ride my bike to the market now to buy some food...

Or is it pick up time? Nope!

That cbr is brilliant!

New mirrors, gear shifter, and brake pedal:

A classic case of form over function. The adjustment on the mirrors is tricky, but if you get it just right, you can see ok. One them was a bit shaky coming in this morning. I tightened up the set screws, and it seems much better.

I am a big fan of form over function! I think they look great and as long as you keep a set of allen/torque keys in your kit then tightening the screws once a week is a small price to pay for some sharp looking mirrors! How much did it cost to do the mirrors by the way?

They are 2,300 incuding installation here at Sumet. You should be able to find them (Kasso) at most accessory shops for around 2,000. The threads for these mirrors are larger, so you have to use a tap to rethread the the stock mirror sockets or use an adaptor.

Sorry, that should have been Koso.

It's obvious from your 'chase' videos you've posted that you treat the Thai roads like your own personal racetrack, I'd say easily over 200kph on many of them am I right? Overtaking pick-ups while going round corners, up to you mate but lets hope you continue to be lucky! :o

I know you like to always be the main man on the TV bike forum but you've made it clear you don't think much of the CBR 250R or it's owners so why do you continue to post in this thread, most of what you write are put-downs and pisstakes!

And, like you did about the er6n high seat, you often contradict yourself, I couldn't stop laughing recently when I was reading through the Ninja 250 thread and saw this 'Personally I'm happy with the top speed I get now- on a bike that light and on Thai roads I generally would not feel comfortable going much faster' and that was about a speed of around 160kph, have the roads changed that much in the last few years?! :D

Yadda yadda yadda. :violin:

Might I point out that you are the one who seems determined to talk about anything but the CBR 250 in this CBR 250 thread recently.

Seems you're more interested in trolling and flaming and digging up ancient posts.

I sold the Ninjette way back in 2008- have you actually gone back that far trying to dig up dirt?!

I've been pretty consistent I think- the CBR 250 is a fine little bike, but it's no "CBR" and it's no Ninja killer.

Some folks seem to take that as a personal insult. Oh well... :whistling:

Wow... you have issues mate... :rolleyes:

Happy Trails!

T

All other piss taking aside if you could for moment. :D:rolleyes:

How tall, are you CBR riders, ie; what's an average?

I'm a full cm short of 6 feet and found it too cramped, playing on the roads from, and north of Samoeng last Saturday. Definitely a nice bike for the money playing on local roads yet the rental I had felt like the front suspension was.. simply weird. Maybe not weird but it was like there were taken straight off a Honda Sonic.

Still thinking about a CBR1/4L as an extra bike around the house that can cruise over a 100kph.

Cheers

I am 186cm tall and weigh alot... Find it ok to sit on... Now it is not a big liter bike- but certainly a good option to run around on...

Just spent three days in the saddle of it on a round trip from nst to bangkok... Almost 2000km and feel fine now... That said... The last two hours on the bike were hard- but i guess it would be on all bikes...

It is not a touring bike- its more for a short two/four hours trip, or in town...

Brilliant little bike!

What is a "real ride', if 800K in two days on a 250 is a " little ride? " ..... and what is a " real " sports bike? " Do " real " sports bikes have to be big? . Is a NSR 150 SP not a 'real" sports bike?..... and why should someones ego suffer if he is on a 250 and a "real"sports rider on a "real" sports bike, which just happens to be 750 cc's bigger and four times the price, overtakes him ? Just interested, dude. I mean if you write something, be it now or whenever in the past, then you have to be, like, accountable or whatever, yeah? Chill and happy whatever, man.

It's obvious from your 'chase' videos you've posted that you treat the Thai roads like your own personal racetrack, I'd say easily over 200kph on many of them am I right? Overtaking pick-ups while going round corners, up to you mate but lets hope you continue to be lucky!

And, like you did about the er6n high seat, you often contradict yourself, I couldn't stop laughing recently when I was reading through the Ninja 250 thread and saw this 'Personally I'm happy with the top speed I get now- on a bike that light and on Thai roads I generally would not feel comfortable going much faster' and that was about a speed of around 160kph, have the roads changed that much in the last few years?!

Might I point out that you are the one who seems determined to talk about anything but the CBR 250 in this CBR 250 thread recently.

Seems you're more interested in trolling and flaming and digging up ancient posts.

I sold the Ninjette way back in 2008- have you actually gone back that far trying to dig up dirt?!

I've been pretty consistent I think- the CBR 250 is a fine little bike, but it's no "CBR" and it's no Ninja killer.

Some folks seem to take that as a personal insult. Oh well...

Wow... you have issues mate...

Happy Trails!

T

I'm not trolling, flaming or digging up dirt in ancient posts, but if I was surely you wouldn't mind as it's something you often do :whistling:

I've been reading this bike forum for over 3yrs now and you are always there, regardless of whether the thread is about a scooter or a superbike, and you've always got something to say even if you have to copy/paste from other websites and then pass it off as your own opinion :lol:

Like most forums, people often come here for opinions and advice but more often than not you just ridicule and belittle people and then, if anyone gets bothered by it, you just say it's pisstaking and they should grow a pair :o

Of course when you're trying to increase your ebay sales you are Mr Helpful but most of the time you are just a :jerk: with a massive ego!

I was reading through the Ninja 250 thread recently as was trying to decide between a CBR and Ninja ( you say the CBR isn't a CBR but you are happy to call the Ninja a Ninja, hypocritical don't you think?) which is where I saw your comment that 170kph was your top speed but that was fine for Thai roads which made me laugh as you obviously don't think that now and if anyone says the same you are very quick to take the piss....again!

So the CBR is now a 'fine little bike'? Changed your tune abit mate, wasn't it an anemic little thumper a while ago?! :ermm:

And the jury is still out on whether it's a Ninja killer. It will definitely outsell the Ninja and 2 out of the 3 comparisons I've read so far have given their decision to the CBR and they know what they're talking about

Nowt else to say really, I don't take anything you say as a personal insult (even when you offered to 'give' away the er6n seat but then asked for 1000baht :P) and have no issues whatsoever. In some ways you are my hero :wub: so I hope you're not too :angry: with me.

Happy New Year :burp:

I'm a full cm short of 6 feet and found it too cramped, playing on the roads from, and north of Samoeng last Saturday. Definitely a nice bike for the money playing on local roads yet the rental I had felt like the front suspension was.. simply weird. Maybe not weird but it was like there were taken straight off a Honda Sonic.

Still thinking about a CBR1/4L as an extra bike around the house that can cruise over a 100kph.

Cheers

I'm 6'3 (191cm) and it's fine although I did get an extra 3cm added to my seat but I had it for about a week with the stock seat and didn't feel it was too cramped. I'm still a :passifier: when it comes to biking so don't have a lot to compare it to and wouldn't ride it as hard as others might but no problems with the front suspension during the first 1500km and done a lot of twisties in that time.

Cheers

Im going to have new brake pad made because i cant keep my foot in an relaxing position on the brake. I am 180 cm and dont feel its too cramped. Also no problems with the suspension.

Edited by robblok

What is a "real ride', if 800K in two days on a 250 is a " little ride? " ..... and what is a " real " sports bike? " Do " real " sports bikes have to be big? . Is a NSR 150 SP not a 'real" sports bike?..... and why should someones ego suffer if he is on a 250 and a "real"sports rider on a "real" sports bike, which just happens to be 750 cc's bigger and four times the price, overtakes him ? Just interested, dude. I mean if you write something, be it now or whenever in the past, then you have to be, like, accountable or whatever, yeah? Chill and happy whatever, man.

I would love to take a swing at Tony but i wont, but i think that in the past he wast just crazy about speeds and now he is super crazy. He just evolved from thinking 160kmh is normal on a Thai road to 200+ kmh is normal. Its called progress.

I have evolved in a way like that too, before i was scared on the little wave to take part of Thai traffic and now i go much faster as i did then. Still speeds way below what some of these guys are talking about.

I cant comment on what a real sports bike is because everyone will say something different. For me this bike is good enough for its purpose. I will probably dont take it out too far much. To quote a friend of mine who has a ninja 650cc (however its called) and a CBR150 the big bike is just not much fun in city traffic much too heavy when the cars are standing still. The CBR is much nicer then. So i would say it depends on usage.

Also the ego thing.. i guess that would be a problem for little men with no self confidence. I have a jazz too many consider it a girls car but i love it because for carrying my fishing stuff around and being small and compact there is no better car. I don't need toys to enhance my ego like some others on the board do. They also need to put others down to feel bigger.

Edited by robblok

It's obvious from your 'chase' videos you've posted that you treat the Thai roads like your own personal racetrack, I'd say easily over 200kph on many of them am I right? Overtaking pick-ups while going round corners, up to you mate but lets hope you continue to be lucky!

And, like you did about the er6n high seat, you often contradict yourself, I couldn't stop laughing recently when I was reading through the Ninja 250 thread and saw this 'Personally I'm happy with the top speed I get now- on a bike that light and on Thai roads I generally would not feel comfortable going much faster' and that was about a speed of around 160kph, have the roads changed that much in the last few years?!

Some folks seem to take that as a personal insult. Oh well...

Wow... you have issues mate...

Happy Trails!

T

I'm not trolling, flaming or digging up dirt in ancient posts, but if I was surely you wouldn't mind as it's something you often do :whistling:

I've been reading this bike forum for over 3yrs now and you are always there, regardless of whether the thread is about a scooter or a superbike, and you've always got something to say even if you have to copy/paste from other websites and then pass it off as your own opinion :lol:

Like most forums, people often come here for opinions and advice but more often than not you just ridicule and belittle people and then, if anyone gets bothered by it, you just say it's pisstaking and they should grow a pair :o

Of course when you're trying to increase your ebay sales you are Mr Helpful but most of the time you are just a :jerk: with a massive ego!

I was reading through the Ninja 250 thread recently as was trying to decide between a CBR and Ninja ( you say the CBR isn't a CBR but you are happy to call the Ninja a Ninja, hypocritical don't you think?) which is where I saw your comment that 170kph was your top speed but that was fine for Thai roads which made me laugh as you obviously don't think that now and if anyone says the same you are very quick to take the piss....again!

So the CBR is now a 'fine little bike'? Changed your tune abit mate, wasn't it an anemic little thumper a while ago?! :ermm:

And the jury is still out on whether it's a Ninja killer. It will definitely outsell the Ninja and 2 out of the 3 comparisons I've read so far have given their decision to the CBR and they know what they're talking about

Nowt else to say really, I don't take anything you say as a personal insult (even when you offered to 'give' away the er6n seat but then asked for 1000baht :P) and have no issues whatsoever. In some ways you are my hero :wub: so I hope you're not too :angry: with me.

Happy New Year :burp:

Bigbikebangkok, Skybluestue and you other guys. Pissing contest is over, OK?

I really dont want to go back and delete it all and then suspend you, so chill it

Thanks

and Happy Songkran

I would love to take a swing at Tony but i wont, but i think that in the past he wast just crazy about speeds and now he is super crazy. He just evolved from thinking 160kmh is normal on a Thai road to 200+ kmh is normal. Its called progress.

I don't condone dangerous riding but the video didn't appear to be at that high of a speed. The yellow line wasn't blurred and the lean angles weren't dramatic. The camera near the ground makes the ride look faster than reality and the curves likely had better visibility from the riders perspective.

I used to get up to 270 km/hr (indicated) on my old CBR 954 but that was on barren wide open roads with the greatest risk being that of hitting a dear. I wouldn't try it on a Thai road in general (plus I am older fatter and slower now). Speed is definitely a factor in many crashes but is not always that dangerous. The passing didn't look that bad to me either.

Granted this all has little to do with the CBR250 which appears to be a nice little sporty utility bike. Definitely not a super bike or anything but it looks like it might be a fun little ride.

I don't condone dangerous riding but the video didn't appear to be at that high of a speed. The yellow line wasn't blurred and the lean angles weren't dramatic. The camera near the ground makes the ride look faster than reality and the curves likely had better visibility from the riders perspective.

I used to get up to 270 km/hr (indicated) on my old CBR 954 but that was on barren wide open roads with the greatest risk being that of hitting a dear. I wouldn't try it on a Thai road in general (plus I am older fatter and slower now). Speed is definitely a factor in many crashes but is not always that dangerous. The passing didn't look that bad to me either.

Granted this all has little to do with the CBR250 which appears to be a nice little sporty utility bike. Definitely not a super bike or anything but it looks like it might be a fun little ride.

I just think its crazy to do on Thai roads, on the autobahn.. sure why not. But it being a bike i dont care too much as bike accidents in general only kill the driver and not the other person it hits (unless a pedestrian or an other bike). I dont mind people putting themselves at risk, but taking risks with others lives is a bit different. That is why i think speeding in a car is worse as on a bike. Though both could end up killing someone else.

Edit that is the last ill say about it as its all about the cbr250

Edited by robblok

Now that I’m 62, I tend to look at things differently than I did at, oh, 22, or even 42 in some cases. I’ve been on bikes of one kind or another since I was 8, and over the years the #1 goal was how fast could I go? Adrenalin was my drug, and “beating the other guy” was my goal. Maybe the fact that I was always smaller than just about everyone my age had something to do with pushing myself to prove I was as good, if not better, than the “bigger guys”. What’s interesting, at least to some, is that I never boasted or bragged about things I did, but simply did then and walked away having proved my point.

I’ve had the little bikes, mini, trail & dirt, and I’ve had the big ones; Norton 650, Sportster, Ninja 650, and for the most part loved each of them for various reasons, as well as hated them for others. Now I’m on the new 150 and, for the most part, love it. I’ll keep it a while then go with a 250 for the added horses and torque for the long trips I enjoy taking, such as from Chiang Mai to Chom Phae, which was a blast on this bike, despite the fact I had to stop every 3 hours or so to ease the pain in my right foot from a pinched nerve. That might not bother me on a cruiser-style bike, but I really don’t care for that style much. Others do. I have a friend who has been a die-hard Harley man his entire life. Now, like me, he’s retired and living in LOS, and what did he buy? A Lifan 250, and he loves it! He doesn’t care that it’s not the fastest thing around, but loves the ride, and apparent quality of the bike, and is a “happy camper”.

Each of us have our own personal reasons for riding the bikes we have. Choices we made based on my 3 questions: 1) Do I like it? 2) Does it suit my needs? 3) Can I afford it? We answered “Yes” to those three questions, perhaps subconsciously, and made our decision to purchase.

Some people seem to think that bigger & faster equate to better. My question is: Better for who? You personally, perhaps, but maybe not the next guy. When you demean or put down others for what they ride, the only one you are really making look foolish is yourself, proving that your ego far outweighs your common sense, or sense of respect towards others. Instead of demeaning or ridiculing, try offering advice to them (if you have the knowledge/experience) on how to make their bike a better one so they can get more enjoyment out of it. Others will then have more respect for you, instead of thinking you’re an egomaniac who thinks he’s better than everyone else, when you really aren’t.

Try it sometime. You might be surprised at the results.

Hope you're not getting bored or reading glowing reviews of the CBR as here's another one! http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/04/honda-cbr250r-md-ride-review/

Oh how I'd love for 1-2 of the big bike owners with big egos on this forum to get the below treatment from a little CBR 250R :bah:

'Speaking of which, this particular test rider took the CBR250R to the local canyons, caught and passed several 600 cc and 1000 cc sportbike riders (safely), and lived to tell about it (chuckle about it?). Granted, this guy is very fast, and he has won road racing championships here in Southern California at the expert level, but he rides conservatively (for his ability level) on the street. This tells you something about what this bike is capable of.'

Hope you're not getting bored or reading glowing reviews of the CBR as here's another one! http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/04/honda-cbr250r-md-ride-review/

Oh how I'd love for 1-2 of the big bike owners with big egos on this forum to get the below treatment from a little CBR 250R :bah:

'Speaking of which, this particular test rider took the CBR250R to the local canyons, caught and passed several 600 cc and 1000 cc sportbike riders (safely), and lived to tell about it (chuckle about it?). Granted, this guy is very fast, and he has won road racing championships here in Southern California at the expert level, but he rides conservatively (for his ability level) on the street. This tells you something about what this bike is capable of.'

Says more about the rider.. i sometimes get passed by normal motorcycles on my bike. I ride real conservative at times. Some riders just dont use all the power in their bike. I only use it when i think its safe. But i love my nice cbr250

I usually refer to the Ninja 250 as a "Ninjette" or "Baby Ninja". It's an EX250, not a ZX250, so you are correct that it's not a "real" Ninja, just as the CBR 250 really isn't a "real" CBR. Get it?

I generally cruise at about 140-160kph, sometimes a bit faster if the conditions allow, sometimes slower if the condition dictate. Just because my Gixxer can go 300+ kph certainly doesn't mean I ride it that fast. The occasional blast where the road allows it, sure, but usually I'm just cruising.

Erm, I still think the CBR is a fine little bike, but if you try to look at it as a sport bike, then yes, I do feel it's an anemic little thumper dressed up to look like a sport bike. Sorry if that offends you; it's merely my opinion.

Happy Songkran!!! :partytime2:

Ninja,ninjette,baby ninja. Kawasaki have been using the Ninja name for a long time on a lot of different models infact right back to those old air cooled things of all different sizes and perfomances. So what is a "real" Ninja anyway? I always thought it was something to do with martial arts and personally have always thought it was a pretty silly name to put on a motorbike of any kind. But anyway, maybe Honda and Kawasaki, saying as they actually build and sell bikes, can actually call their own bikes whatever they like, whenever they like. I think it is to help us customers when we go to the showrooms so we know what to ask for. Could we really go to a showroom and ask for a Honda CBR 250, which is actually not a "real " CBR because the name was used on more sportier models in the past and they all had four cylinders and some of them were available in our own countries and some weren't ? Or could we then go on down to the Triumph dealer and argue that their Bonnevilles, Daytonas, Trophies, Tigers and Rocket Three's are not 'real' either? Surely it is only a name and if you are fortunate enough to own a 2011 Honda CBR 250 you can always tell your friends that you have a new 250cc Honda road bike. That shouldn't upset too many people.

Tony changed his tune in the years because he outgrew his ninja it happens. I might not like the guy much but it will happen to others too who drive the cbr 250 for a long time.

For me it probably wont happen as i wont be doing to much real touring on it and mostly city fun. Just getting deeper in the city then before. I feel safer on this bike then i do on the nouvo in faster traffic.

In 1983 kawasaki produced a parallel twin 250 producing 26bhp and what was it called? Wait for it! It was called a "Ninja." We may have to accept the name on those lowly 250's and maybe the bigger ones should be called big ninja or boss ninja or something.

In 1983 kawasaki produced a parallel twin 250 producing 26bhp and what was it called? Wait for it! It was called a "Ninja." We may have to accept the name on those lowly 250's and maybe the bigger ones should be called big ninja or boss ninja or something.

And at that time the Ninja 900 had 115 BHP. Current model Ninja 250R outputs 25-27 RWHP. Even assuming a 15% drivetrain loss (because manufacturers are pretty notorious about their HP claims), that's only an increase of 5 hp maximum and a minimum of 2 3/4 hp over nearly 30 years. Meanwhile the top of the line Ninja went up ~23 BHP.

As I pointed out ages ago; everybody knows about the CBR250RR and compares the new CBR 250R to that. Makes a great story; Honda built a 45 hp 250cc bike 15-25 years ago. The new CBR only puts out some 55% of the power...ergo it's an anemic thumper.

On the other hand Kawasaki put out a Ninja ZX-2R that also had 45 hp. Meaning that the 2008+ model Ninjas only make ~60% of the power. Furthermore they take 48% more time on the 0-96 km/h, and have 77% of top speed. Guess that means the Ninja 250R is an anemic little twin?

I mean it would have to be if the anemic little thumper of a CBR beats it in everything but possibly top end, right?

Edited by dave_boo

Snowflake. That was a pretty impressive ride you did and you mentioned the bike was a little thirsty. How thirsty was it? You also mentioned that you are a fair sized chap. How did the " sports tourer style" fairing work for you as far as deflecting windblast and keeping the rain off? I am saving up for a CBR and I am 6'3' myself, but without too much added padding. It is interesting to see how Honda are marketing the new CBR's in the UK. They are showing pictures of all three of them together, the 125, 250 and 600 all decked out in the tricolour livery and saying something like " welcome to the family." They look great together and perhaps if available here, the 600 might suit your size. Strangely enough, some people in England also seemed to get upset about the new CBR600F being called a CBR because it wasn't as track focused or sporty as the latest RR models and obviously didn't deserve the name, while forgetting or not realising that the original CBR600 was actually called a CBR600F and was seen more as a sporty all rounder, rather than a razor sharp, track tool weapon for real men thing.

Edited by jackjones