Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for the Yoshimura muffler to become available. Anybody know if this is available and at what price? Have seen pictures of one on a CBR250r and looks awesome.

I think Kittisak has the Yoshimura R-55 - THB 32,000

post-70604-0-42812900-1303710670_thumb.j

post-70604-0-07345400-1303710688_thumb.j

32k, yikes. That's expensive, must be import tariff. I think I'll put one in my suitcase the next time I fly back from the states.

I'm waiting for the Yoshimura muffler to become available. Anybody know if this is available and at what price? Have seen pictures of one on a CBR250r and looks awesome.

I think Kittisak has the Yoshimura R-55 - THB 32,000

post-70604-0-42812900-1303710670_thumb.j

post-70604-0-07345400-1303710688_thumb.j

32k, yikes. That's expensive, must be import tariff. I think I'll put one in my suitcase the next time I fly back from the states.

Hi Guys,

I picked up the following below here in Thailand, and had installed for 17,500 on my Ninja 250R. The Yoshi site lists them for $549.00 (16,470) Baht. You can find them New on Ebay for about $80 less, and used for about $200 less, and even more. However that does not include shipping, etc.

I picked up my can for the sound, safety factor cutting lanes, it does make a difference over the stock OEM in sound. Performance wise, I have no idea.

I think at the end of the day, as long as you are happy with it, who cares what you paid, as long as you don't have buyers remorse. I don't.

TRC Stainless/ Carbon

Jay

jap.gif

To whom it may concern:

Bought my CBR250 here, went back today for servicing and this is what is available. The owner is a nice guy whom speaks OK English, prices were negotiable and lower than Mityon in Pattaya. No waiting, all brand new, still covered in plastic, 30 minutes from Pattaya.

Here is what is available:

1x red CBR250R ABS, 2x red CBR250R, 1x black CBR250R, 1x black CBR150.

Ruamyont Motorland Honda Dealership, Sattahip, Chonburi.

PM for more details.

To whom it may concern:

Bought my CBR250 here, went back today for servicing and this is what is available. The owner is a nice guy whom speaks OK English, prices were negotiable and lower than Mityon in Pattaya. No waiting, all brand new, still covered in plastic, 30 minutes from Pattaya.

Here is what is available:

1x red CBR250R ABS, 2x red CBR250R, 1x black CBR250R, 1x black CBR150.

Ruamyont Motorland Honda Dealership, Sattahip, Chonburi.

PM for more details.

The ever elusive Black 250 ABS appear to be completely absent from the showroom floor as usual... but i must say thank you thaidiver for posting availability. Much appreciated! Any chance a PM would make a Black 250 ABS appear?

That damned elusive Black CBR 250 with ABS :(

I think the National Transportation Museum has one on display! I have been getting more CBR 250s as of late, but sadly no black ABS models. We haven't forgotten you though, Withnail. We will let you know as soon as your bike arrives.

Edited by SumetCycle

After seeing you ride I think ABS is a must!!!!! ;)

I got an ABS... first bigger bike (before b.mouth.b starts ranting) and im pretty sure i need it to keep myself safe. The first dealer i went to was cheaper but did not have the ABS. I just thought better for a newbie like me to get one that is safer.

I think the National Transportation Museum has one on display! I have been getting more CBR 250s as of late, but sadly no black ABS models. We haven't forgotten you though, Withnail. We will let you know as soon as your bike arrives.

Alvin at thaimotorbox has just informed that the rear rack is now in stock.

The rack for the new CBR 150-250 is on the market.

It is locally made here in Bangkok.

The design is suppose to grab the two handrails along the sides.

with two grabing points each side.

Please advise me if you are interested.

650 THB includes shipping.

Alvin

http://www.thaimotorbox.com

alvin sent us a couple web pix...

looks like a simple, but functional rack

attaches by four points on the existing rear hand grips

seems like good surface area for carrying what might be needed (?)

<deleted>... it's the only game in town right now...

and cheap enough for 650 baht

i ordered one - on the way - be here in a few days

i'll attach another pix once it's installed.

CBR150-250%28A%29.jpg

CBR150-250%28B%29.jpg

Good choice on the sport demons, I've got those too, much better than the stock irc's.

How long should the IRCs last? How much are the Pirellis?

the IRC's are long lasting tyres but not as grippy as the Pirellis.. the sport demons are about 5800b for the pair. If you do a big mileage as a commuter then the IRC's are probably best.. if on the other hand you like the twisty's then the Sport demons or in fact the more racy Pirellis would be better..

As for selling the bike..up to you.. when i finally get one in November i think it's gonna become family due to the fact that it can do everything that i want. If i do get another bigger bike then the GF can train on the Cbr.

Good choice on the sport demons, I've got those too, much better than the stock irc's.

the IRC's are long lasting tyres but not as grippy as the Pirellis.. the sport demons are about 5800b for the pair. If you do a big mileage as a commuter then the IRC's are probably best.. if on the other hand you like the twisty's then the Sport demons or in fact the more racy Pirellis would be better..

As for selling the bike..up to you.. when i finally get one in November i think it's gonna become family due to the fact that it can do everything that i want. If i do get another bigger bike then the GF can train on the Cbr.

I agree with everything you said about the Pirellis and IRCs ThaiCBR. The IRCs are good tires, but the softer compound on the Pirellis gives a much better grip. I feel much more confident leaning into turns with the Pirellis as well. You were even spot on with the price. We sell them here for 5,800 + 300 for installation.

The irc are rock hard tyres so will last a while but the softer pirelli tyres will give a more comfortable ride and better grip, especially in the wet. Bought mine for 5300 baht from Charlie at pirelli.in.th and fitted for free where I bought the bike from.

I am selling mine in september- it will have done about 8500km then... Not sure if it is the best time, but that is the time for me to let it go...

Do you mean when is the best time as in month- or age- or distance travelled?

I just want something bigger for my birthday in september:-)

I agree with everything you said about the Pirellis and IRCs ThaiCBR. The IRCs are good tires, but the softer compound on the Pirellis gives a much better grip. I feel much more confident leaning into turns with the Pirellis as well. You were even spot on with the price. We sell them here for 5,800 + 300 for installation.

Agreed.

Changed the IRCs after 9,000 km as they had some splits/cuts

Having had a couple of high speed blow outs in the past (distant) it is a small price to pay...

The Pirellis are nicer but remember they have a rounder profile and handle differently... not dramtically though!

I popped down to honda today for another member on this forum to enquire about a black cbr... They sold it yesterday- sorry- but yesterday standard- today all the silver bits were black/dark grey and i got really jealous... I wish i had the black bike, as it was gorgeous... Well... Still find my red pretty but it just shows how nice it can be made...

I add quite a few miles to the clock every week and was wondering if anyone has given any thought to selling their CBR yet?

I'm wondering when people think the best time to sell is...

My guess is the CBR would be good for lots of km. If well maintained my guess is you would get 100k km before you need a major rebuild.

On the other hand I will be looking to buy one in Sept. or Oct., if you have an ABS version that has never been down.

Just back from my local Honda dealer in Kanchanaburi and they want a piss taking 140k for a non ABS. Anyone know the best price it's going for lately?

Black non ABS for 111k in Samui and we are famous for being overcharged here!

Thanks for the info sketcher.

A mate told me I could maybe haggle down to 110k in BKK so maybe I'll give it a go next trip there.

The dealer has just refitted the showroom out

so maybe he's hoping to pay for it quickly! He also let on that he hasn't sold any yet.