Leg Tattoos

flyingfox

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't like my wife, GF or daughters to have a leg tattoo because not everyone understands and there is no downside in life to not having tattoos. But I think they are great on go go dancers. I like to watch them flex their thigh muscles and the tiger moves.

My youngest daughter is going out with a guy with leg tattoos in the States. Daughter is 23. It drives my ex wife nuts and that's kinda cool.

I am a bit surprised my daughter hasn't asked my opinion. I'd tell her there lots of Thai dancers in Boystown with leg tattoos that look great.

It is kinda like a right of passage for prostitutes both male and female to get a tattoo. I can see that.

It makes no sense to me that people would discriminate against tattoos. So what if a person was a hooker at some point in their lives. Who really cares. It is what is inside a person that counts.

Well said, Mark. Although I can appreciate good art no matter what the medium, I wouldn't want a tatoo myself. If it was my daughter's wish to have one then I would advise against it for some of the very reasons mentioned here. A tiny little tatoo on an ankle or shoulder might be okay on a woman, but anything in the private regions DOES look cheap... and even more so if it's a large tatoo.

It is kinda like a right of passage for prostitutes both male and female to get a tattoo. I can see that.

It makes no sense to me that people would discriminate against tattoos. So what if a person was a hooker at some point in their lives. Who really cares. It is what is inside a person that counts.

I read of a survey that estimated approximately 40% of Americans have one or more tatoos.

Slightly less for Brits.

You can't stand in the way of fashion! :blink:

If you read the two posts together you can reach some weird conclusion :blink:

Joke aside, if you go to any beach popular with teenagers nowadays, 40% I'm not sure, but easy 1 or 2 on 10 have a tattoo. They don't look like criminal to me and amongst them are our future leaders ...

tattoos are disgusting.

in your opinion :)

And mine. My brother's arms are loaded with them and he looks a right lout.

Tattoos are 100 percent effective at making people less attractive.

I assume that the people wearing them thought they were too hot and did something about it.

;)

--

Each to their own I guess, but personally a huge turn-off. When these people get older, they will really look bad... and those who think they can have them removed as and when by laser treatment are deluding themselves.

Tattoos are a matter of personal taste. I played rugby for the Marines, and a fair number of players, especially from the Army, were Samoan. Some of them had gone through the long and painful process of traditional legs tattooing. At one after-match party, I was talking to one of the Samoan wives, and she was extremely proud of her husband's tattoos. Another younger Samoan woman interjected that she would only marry a man with enough status and force of will to get similar tattoos.

Now that I am retired from the Marines, I have considered getting a small eagle rank insignia, my jump wings, and my diving helmet put on my upper shoulder. Whether that would immediately classify me as the ex-con as some posters are claiming, I don't really know. Then again, I don't really care much.

When Discovery Channel first came out, they did a two-hour special on tattoos, and I was fascinated on how they are done the world over. The next day, while at lunch, I noticed my waitress had tats peaking out from under her long sleeves. I asked her about them, and although she was wary at first, when she fund out I was truly interested and had some fresh knowledge and subsequent questions thanks to Discovery, she invited me to meet her that evening where I had a very nice time discussing and examining her full body art. She was a very literate and bright woman, and had I turned away in disgust, I would have missed a very enjoyable time.

Whether you find tats unattractive or not, you should try to move beyond that when considering the person him or herself.

I sort of agree with you. Especially the part about examining her body art. I have found over the years that women get tattoos to present another option for an easy pick up line. Tramp stamp didn't get the name because of the Walt Disney movie. Seeing a woman with some decent leg art in the mall is a natural invitation for lunch at the noodle shop.

I also agree that the religions, cultural or gang-banger tattoos are a completely separate issue. I have met women in LA who were gang members and would never think of going out with a man without a specific kind of ink. Or the Yakuza in Japan have a long history of extortion, murder, rape and so on and colorful tattoos. Now their wives and mistresses are also getting tattoos.

I wonder about the military tattoo thing. I was briefly attached to one unit in Vietnam whose motto was, “Death is our business and business is good.” A lot of the guys had the unit insignia and that motto tattooed. I am glad I resisted the urge to do it at the time.

The other one I considered was, “Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity.” I had that written on my helmet.

I know I should try and get beyond it but when considering a person for a one night stand the one with tattoos will always be my first choice.

Well done ink can be sexy, but the tramp stamps these girls get... just horrible. Low class, usually poorly done, and little creativity.

Yin and Yang

I love to have a nice diner in a good restaurant with a classic dressed woman .

Next day i love to have a beer and 6 tequila’s with a woman dressed as a hooker with cheap crazy tattoos all over her body, just the horrible, low class ones. I have to admit that i don't see them as horrible and/or low class, just a differend class and nothing wrong with that.

I suggest you try the beer and 6 tequila's with this tattood woman, very refreshing.

NFS