Married Now What?

I am an American citizen, 25 years old and recently got married to a Thai national. I am currently here on an Education visa but am no longer in school. What options do i have in terms of visas? I saw an "permission to stay" or something like that that required the marraige certificate and we would have to go to Laos or another country to get it. I do not believe i qualify for the Non-imm O because i do not make enough money. I do need a visa that allows me to go in and out of Thailand atleast once a year. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. It seems a little tricky being young and not wealthy but i am sure there is a way to make this work.

Thanks

A 12 month stay can be acquired from Immigration if you have 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank OR 40,000 Baht monthly income.

Failing that a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa can be got from the Thai Embassy in KL Malaysia if you have 100,000 Baht in any bank. This would give a stay of up to 15 months but would need a border run every 90 days.

Other Consulates in the area would likely only give a 90 day single Non Imm O Visa.

Vientienne issue 2 entry Tourist Visas free of charge at the moment. This would give up to six months.