Restaraunt Review

mcyachty

After my visit to the "New York Style Deli" the other night, I was fortunate to go out 2 nights in a row, and to a place in the opposite direction. I was so impressed by this place; I figured it was worth a mention.

Rimpa Lapin is located just past Ban Ampur, and before you get to Bang Saray. You turn off Sukhumvit, and if you are heading south towards Sattahip, you do a youey and then drive back about 100m.

It is located right on the water, but about 100m above sea level. It is an open place with timber decking. The view is just bloody spectacular. There is nice music, the chairs are comfortable. They have an area of lawn and a stack of bean bags where you can sit and drink. Lighting is soft, and all the trees have up lights to add to the atmosphere. The dining area consists of 1 main deck, and then stairs go down a further 3 levels down the cliff.

The food is excellent. It is Thai, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We ordered Masaman beef, larb chicken, chicken & cashews, and anther one I don't know as it was ordered by my mate's Thai partner, but apart from being very spicy, it was good.

The service was the only part that I cannot comment on. There was not any, apart from bringing out the dishes and clearing away the plates. It is a shame, as this place really is spectacular. They have put a lot of effort into the place.

It is busy, and you should reserve a table if you want to look over the edge. I would aim for an early dinner and get there before the sun goes down to appreciate the view. We got there just on 6pm, and it was worth it. They only open from 4pm to midnight. No lunch trade which is a bit surprising due to the views they have.

Rimpa Lapin

152/2 Moo3, Soi Najomtien 36

Sattahip

038 235 515 or 084 451 5686

www.rimpa-lapin.com

P.S. Sorry about the spelling of Restaurant. I cant edit it so I am stuck with it.

Edited by mcyachty

The setting is fantastic. Food is OK. Avoid the weekends. Packed with hi-so's from BKK. But for sure, worth a visit.

We were in Ban Amphur last week and Precha's is under renovation. Bummer! Hope they get up and running again soon!!!!!