Extension To Stay Info For Maesot.

This may only apply to some people but useful if you are about to re-apply on marriage extension.Check List for TM7. Application form for renewal of 1 year extension to temporary stay for marriage prior to Oct‘2006 1. Fill out TM7 application form put contact phone numbers. Photocopy it & Sign both sides of TM7 forms. 2. Affix late Colour Photos 4 x 6 cm to each TM7 form.3. Your passport and 2 colour photocopy’s of passport page showing your photo in colour, passport number & last entry date into Thailand & TM6 arrival/departure card number. Sign both copies. 4. The applicants Bank passbook in sole name showing not less than 400,000bht deposited for a three month period prior to renewal of 1year application date. Update the book on the day or day before going. 2 Photocopy’s & sign both copies. 5. Arrange to have a Letter from the Bank 1 or 2 days before going, confirming the amount of 400,000bht has been deposited in the account of applicant for the three month period required prior to visiting Immigration office. Sign letter and 1 photocopy. 6. The original Thai wife I.D. card. 2 colour photocopies showing both sides of card. Wife to sign both copies.7. The Thai wife blue House registration book. 2 photocopy’s & Wife to sign both copies. 8. The applicants Yellow house registration book & 2 photocopy’s & sign both copies. Alternately a letter from police confirming address of stay. A Photocopy & sign. 9. The Official Thai marriage Certificate KhorRor 3 and maybe the KhorRor 3 translation and Khor Ror 2. 2 photocopy’s of each & couple to sign. 10. 4 Late colour photos of couple inside house address and 4 colour photos of couple outside in front of house. (a good photo to have is one in front of wardrobe showing both sets of clothes) Couple to sign. 11. 2 diagram area maps showing location of address. Couple to sign copies. 12. The money for the fee of 1,900bht. 13. Best to go 1 month before or just under to re-apply. 14. Always ring up and ask if there are any changes to there guidelines from last year. If they no! when you get there don’t be surprised if they do want something else. They will usually let you post it on.

Were "colour" photocopies of some documents actually required or did they simply accept them because you had them already?

So far I have not seen any government department/agency including Immigration to accept colour copies of any official documents here in BKK.

opalhort

Were "colour" photocopies of some documents actually required or did they simply accept them because you had them already?

So far I have not seen any government department/agency including Immigration to accept colour copies of any official documents here in BKK.

opalhort

Bangkok requirements are maybe different to Maesot every immigration office make up something for themselves but Maesot is also directed by Chiangmay immigration.

This change at Maesot was down to a directive from Chiangmay.

By the time l go next years maybe they will want something else.

In the 6years l have been renwing my extension to stay there has always been a change of something.

Hence my advice to ring before you go but even that is no guarantee.:blink:

I have had color copies accepted at Suan Plu several times. It seems to be something they might question rather than a hard rule. I have used only grey scale the last several years.

Yeah !!! it's crazy sometimes Maesot at one time did not like or want colour photcopies.:blink: