Coffee Bean Stores

ljerams

I consider 600thb per kilo reasonable as they are freshly roasted and packed and you can choose your roast as well as if you want 100% arabica or a combo of arabica and robusta. You might be able to get a bargain on higher quantities but I have never bought less that 1kg at a time and they comes in both 250g and 500g bags.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I consider 600thb per kilo reasonable as they are freshly roasted and packed and you can choose your roast as well as if you want 100% arabica or a combo of arabica and robusta. You might be able to get a bargain on higher quantities but I have never bought less that 1kg at a time and they comes in both 250g and 500g bags.

So will he deliver in Bangkok Sukhumvit area. I am ready to buy .

• 2 weeks later...

A new cafe called Roast has recently opened in SeenSpace on Thonglor Soi 13. They have two huge Geisen drum roasters and roast fresh on the premises a couple of times a week. Excellent coffee, and available as beans to take away. Not quite as good as Doi Chaang but better than most other brands. Not cheap. Hillkoff has good beans for a decent price if you can find it. D'Oro too. I found both at the gourmet grocery in Paragon near the cineplex.

Interesting to hear you say that you feel the 'Roast' coffee isn't as good as Doi Chaang. I really like what Roast do and have never been too keen on Doi Chaang and having tried a few of thier roasts, gave up on them. I generally drink espressos or espresso based coffee and found the Doi Chaang roasts I tried either a bit bland or over roasted and extrememly bitter.

Which of the Doi Chaang range do you prefer? I'd like to use Doi Chaang, but have never found a coffee I like from them.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond, just saw this post today.

I like Doi Chaang's Single Origin Peaberry, delicious. There are some other signature roasts I also like, that I've only seen for sale in Chiang Mai. Their kiosk at Phrom Phong BTS station in Bangkok sells very nice Arabica beans at a good price.

To me Roast is pretty ordinary, compared to Soi Chaang I view it as the difference between a passionate amateur with limited knowledge about roasting (the roasters arrived at Roast weeks *after* the cafe opened), and the accomplished pros at Doi Chaang. .

Of course if you prefer Roast, nothing wrong with that. I find Doi Chaang's acidity, body and flavour far more balanced,

Doi Chaang has attracted international attention btw.

http://www.coffeerev...cfm?find=chaang

http://www.coffeehab...ffee-revisited/

http://dailyshotofco...-coffee-review/

• Like 1

A new cafe called Roast has recently opened in SeenSpace on Thonglor Soi 13. They have two huge Geisen drum roasters and roast fresh on the premises a couple of times a week. Excellent coffee, and available as beans to take away. Not quite as good as Doi Chaang but better than most other brands. Not cheap. Hillkoff has good beans for a decent price if you can find it. D'Oro too. I found both at the gourmet grocery in Paragon near the cineplex.

Interesting to hear you say that you feel the 'Roast' coffee isn't as good as Doi Chaang. I really like what Roast do and have never been too keen on Doi Chaang and having tried a few of thier roasts, gave up on them. I generally drink espressos or espresso based coffee and found the Doi Chaang roasts I tried either a bit bland or over roasted and extrememly bitter.

Which of the Doi Chaang range do you prefer? I'd like to use Doi Chaang, but have never found a coffee I like from them.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond, just saw this post today.

I like Doi Chaang's Single Origin Peaberry, delicious. There are some other signature roasts I also like, that I've only seen for sale in Chiang Mai. Their kiosk at Phrom Phong BTS station in Bangkok sells very nice Arabica beans at a good price.

To me Roast is pretty ordinary, compared to Soi Chaang I view it as the difference between a passionate amateur with limited knowledge about roasting (the roasters arrived at Roast weeks *after* the cafe opened), and the accomplished pros at Doi Chaang. .

Of course if you prefer Roast, nothing wrong with that. I find Doi Chaang's acidity, body and flavour far more balanced,

Doi Chaang has attracted international attention btw.

http://www.coffeerev...cfm?find=chaang

http://www.coffeehab...ffee-revisited/

http://dailyshotofco...-coffee-review/

Thanks for replying.

I generally find Roast much better than elsewhere here, but nothing compared to the quality I got before moving to BKK. I usually drink espresso based drinks and find most brands just over roast cheap beans to get the strong flavour. This is a common problem both here and abroad, but when finding a good roaster who knows what he's doing then you get beans that are naturally strong without the need to almost burn them.

I haven't tried Doi Chaang for a while, but will pick some beans up tomorrow when passing through Prom Phong.

There is a place called Coffee Gallery

Huge variety

It's at CDC

Kaset-Navamin

have been searching the web for a supplier of Vietnamese coffee but no luck the only one I found was in the USA and they dont ship here, V coffe is the best I ever tasted

Really? I don't think I've ever had good Vietnamese coffee. If it’s not loaded down with sweetened condensed milk, it’s awful. Maybe I’m drinking at the wrong places.

As with other posters, I like the Lao coffee. I have seen Dao Gold at Emporium.