Why Cm Have "Stupid Buffalo"?

crazyawm

todai i drive on Loi Kro in motosai, and in road (where drive car and motorsai) stay drunk man

i make signal, stopping, and ask its man "hey, why you stay here? you see - here road, here not footpaths"

anf its man wanted to fight me (so old man, may be sand from ass its man good for ice road north country)

its man and friend its man began to push, say bad words...

someone called the police, and whene police come, these guys run other bar same pee toys

its normal? i dont know...

i dont know english, but may be i dont know more? or same stupid man have each nation?

If you tell a drunk that he should not be doing whatever it is he is doing then you gotta expect to get a load of verbal.Just best to ignore them, you can never help a drunk.

Also this behaviour is not limited to people from just one country, it's pretty much universal.

Let's not get into a "which country produces the most drunken louts?" topic. :bah:

I thought Thai's weren't supposed to question or pick fault with strangers in public.

Loss of face, etc.

If you had tried that on with one of my Thai pals, the result would have been a beating at the very least, they tend to carry guns or knives and are not usually very tolerant.

Its OK to abuse a white man though?

And he doesn't get to tell you to take a hike?

คุณไม่เกรงใจคนฝรั่งสมน้ำหน้า

Edited by sarahsbloke

i heard that yesterday morning a crazy farang marched into the red lion, threw a ball of screwed up fliers at the owners wife and told her off for sticking them near his bar in moon muang soi 2. too early for being drunk so he must just be a nutter. they are about, even at that time of day. nice one.

So as I was crossing the street, some weird Russian dude on a rented moped started yelling at me in what I only later realized was an attempt at English.. Weird people.

As for buffalo in Chiang Mai: We were here first!

Khwait Right ! :rolleyes:

I thought Thai's weren't supposed to question or pick fault with strangers in public.

Loss of face, etc.

If you had tried that on with one of my Thai pals, the result would have been a beating at the very least, they tend to carry guns or knives and are not usually very tolerant.

Its OK to abuse a white man though?

And he doesn't get to tell you to take a hike?

คุณไม่เกรงใจคนฝรั่งสมน้ำหน้า

You are a good candidate to be a recipient of collateral damage if thats the kind of people you hang around with. Those who carry firearms are probably a menace to all within range and those with knives put you in a similar position, when they pull a knife on a gun toting dude.

Khun Crazyyam spake:

... snip ... its normal? i dont know... i dont know english, but may be i dont know more? or same stupid man have each nation?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Crazyyam,

Yes, it's normal.

Every nation has the same stupid people, yes; some of them are even female. For example: Argentina: their favorite national song is "Khwai for me, Argentina."

best, ~o:37;

sarahsbloke - i live thai 2 years, and I never seen drunk thai people, who stay in road when road have driver on car and motobike

WinnieTheKhwai - hello my friend (you or your friend, I dont know who you are one of those two people). when people crossing the street, they go and do not stand still, waving his arms, and climb to fight for passing by on the bike. if you can not control themselves when drink whiskey (or i dont know what you drink or smoke) - drink milk and take care about yourself and your health

sometimes people who are on the road hit by car, and then they lie on the road with broken arms and legs and think - why I stood there, where i can not stand? If you prefer to speak English, it means nothing. Next time, if your behavior is the same, I not will talk, becouse it's not normal

orang37 - sawadee khrap :jap:

you speak wise words :) I not thought about it when i make this topic

Goshawk - ahahaha )) same, yes :lol:

Edited by crazyawm

You are a good candidate to be a recipient of collateral damage if thats the kind of people you hang around with. Those who carry firearms are probably a menace to all within range and those with knives put you in a similar position, when they pull a knife on a gun toting dude.

Do you know any Thais?

Even my wife carries a big flick knife!

Her papa walks around Bangkok with a S&W .357 magnum, loaded with hollow points all the time. Carries it in a little clutch bag.

Do you know any Thais?

Her papa walks around Bangkok with a S&W .357 magnum, loaded with hollow points all the time. Carries it in a little clutch bag.

I know plenty of Thai's and they do not walk the streets 'tooled up' as it seems your friends and family do. Slapout was right; you do hang around with the wrong kind of people....or perhaps you watch too many violent movies? Either way, it's not a healthy lifestyle.

I know plenty of Thai's and they do not walk the streets 'tooled up' as it seems your friends and family do. Slapout was right; you do hang around with the wrong kind of people....or perhaps you watch too many violent movies? Either way, it's not a healthy lifestyle.

or read too many comics.

Why CM have stupid buffalo? The OP asked this question in the right place, that's for sure. We're a class outfit: with our flick knives, handbag toting in-laws, and sophomoric admonitions in Thai to other farang. Who doesn't love Saturdays?

Why CM have stupid buffalo? The OP asked this question in the right place, that's for sure. We're a class outfit: with our flick knives, handbag toting in-laws, and sophomoric admonitions in Thai to other farang. Who doesn't love Saturdays?

Sorry, I thought Crazyawm was Thai (TV nick and poor English give that impression)

Anyway, my crazy rellys are out there, for good or bad, and there are plenty more where they came from.

My advice to, not annoy strangers, is pretty good advice .......... one day, one of those strangers might be someone I know!

So before shouting at a stranger in Thailand, stop and ask yourself 'Do you feel lucky!'

Edited by sarahsbloke

okay I am naive... what's the meaning of buffalo (kwaai ; grà-beu) in Thai language? I know about the animal and it's role in rice farming but it seems to have other meanings and derogatory insult.

Does the OP have a different cultural definition of a buffalo is or this defined from Thai usage?

Anyone have a good working definition? SImilar to "dumb as an Ox" in english?

I don't actually carry a weapon, I think it's silly.

I did point out that I know people who carry weapons, plenty of them around in CM.

I have no power over these people, I can't control what they do.

Result, personal abuse, from buffaloes with poor comprehension skills

(I count 6 of these buffoons on this thread).

Edited by sarahsbloke

I have no power over these people, I can't control what they do.

Result, personal abuse, from buffaloes with poor comprehension skills

(I count 6 of these buffoons on this thread).

you showed us a picture of your wife's knife in your big hand. no control over her? with a username of 'sarahsbloke' thats not surprising. did you include yourself in the 6 or is it 7 all together? nice one.

you showed us a picture of your wife's knife in your big hand. no control over her? with a username of 'sarahsbloke' thats not surprising. did you include yourself in the 6 or is it 7 all together? nice one.

Holding her knife, and taking her knife away from her are two entirely different matters.

Have you ever tried 'controlling your wife'?

How did that work out for you?

Holding her knife, and taking her knife away from her are two entirely different matters.

Have you ever tried 'controlling your wife'?

How did that work out for you?

its easy. i say 'jump' and she says 'how high'.

So Thailand is full of crazy farangs - what else is new?

I don't get into fights - has something to do with not wishing to beat anyone up, and at the same time not wishing to get beaten up by anyone. Drunk rowdies are like dogs - if you stand your ground and look like you could be dangerous, they put their tail between their legs and leave, perhaps barking abuse but otherwise harmless. Just don't start running or throwing punches.

Do you know any Thais?

Well yes I do know any Thai's, a few quite intimately and am on first name basis with more Thai's than I have digits, thus no exact head count. Not aware of any packing while in company with me and for sure none of the men carry a clutch bag. I did tell a lady one time who displayed a knife she carried in her purse that she better learn how to use it or get one made of chocolate, as if she pulled it on the wrong person, they might make her eat it.

Most Thais carry a weapon of some sort from a tuk tuk driver carrying a machete under his seat to the judge who murders a German outside the Montri Hotel for flipping his middle finger. calling any Thai an insult in front of other Thais is an extremely stupid and dangerous thing to do.

... snip ... I count 6 of these buffoons on this thread).

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun SarahsBloke,

Counting buffoons can lead to increased heart-rate, acid-reflux, and migraine. Joining in buffoonery, however, and laughing with other buffoons, has been shown to lower blood pressure, result in warm-fuzzy feelings, and mood elevation.

15th. Intntl. Clown Convention, Mexico City

Why, just writing this made us feel better between frequent trips to the toilet as "Visa-Run Mekong Revenge" is having its way with us.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

My wife carries this ..... I have big hands.

but why? if she have problem, what she want make? kill other people? :blink: or save health for yourself?

for healt normal electric shock or tear gas

its can apply them at a distance. a knife can be used when the approach close to the attacker. In this case, nobody knows who will have time to hit first, I think definitely not a woman

Edited by crazyawm