Where I Can Find Aeon Atms In Pattaya?

First of all AEON is not a bank, but a credit card company that operates ATM's throughout Thailand, and yes they do not charge the 150 THB fee as do all other ATM's in LOS

In Pattaya they have ATM's at:

Tesco on Naklua Road in North Pattaya

Carefour on Pattaya Klang in Central Pattaya

Home Works at the Big C Shopping Center on Sukumvit and Pattaya Tai

Edited by Langsuan Man

First of all AEON is not a bank, but a credit card company that operates ATM's throughout Thailand, and yes they do not charge the 150 THB fee as do all other ATM's in LOS

In Pattaya they have ATM's at:

Tesco on Naklua Road in North Pattaya

Carefour on Pattaya Klang in Central Pattaya

Home Works at the Big C Shopping Center on Sukumvit and Pattaya Tai

So you don't get lost on Naklua Road, Tesco is actually on Pattaya Nua (North Road).

Thanks, I was just to lazy to Google Map it

• 2 months later...

On their home page it says that they've got three ATMs in Pattaya, one on Carrefour, one between Home Works and Big C on Pattaya Tai and also one on Tesco in the south, I thought that one was relocated to Home Works/Big C, is it back at Tesco again?

Edited by martin.agren

• 2 months later...

There is also one on the ground floor of Tuk com pattaya tai

Just because an ATM is Purple, does not make it an AEON, ATM, the purple one's at Tuk Com are SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) ATM's

Did someone compare exchange rate when using the AEON machines to ex rates at SCB for example? My cc company states they use visa pubilshed rates however working in the banking industry I do not trust them :-) Will check myself next week.

• 5 months later...

Hello!

this year,i ask about the rates,in tesco samui,on the aeon counter corner,near the fuji japanese restaurant,but the dont know the rates,only say call the hotline,but the phone was always busy!

does in the meantime,something,in the location of atms,in pattaya has been change,since chaeffeur is now big c?

means,does all big c`s now have also a aeon atm?

i go to pattaya this november,,thanks for information!

Locations of AEON ATM's in Pattaya remain the same, despite the name change from Carefour to Big C.

The reason the people at the AEON counter cannot tell you the exchange rate is because they have nothing to do with the ATM machines, but are there to help Thais manage their AEON credit card accounts

Finally, the location of AEON ATM's has nothing to do with Big C or any other company. AEON puts their machines where they can, so just because they may be at Big C in one city does not mean that they are at all locations

Hello!

this year,i ask about the rates,in tesco samui,on the aeon counter corner,near the fuji japanese restaurant,but the dont know the rates,only say call the hotline,but the phone was always busy!

does in the meantime,something,in the location of atms,in pattaya has been change,since chaeffeur is now big c?

means,does all big c`s now have also a aeon atm?

i go to pattaya this november,,thanks for information!

Assuming you are using your home country credit/debit card, you are most likely going to get the Visa or Mastercard exchange rate (depending on which logo is on your card) minus any foreign transaction

fee(s) charged by the bank that issued you the credit/debit card. Example: if your home country card is a zero percent foreign transaction fee card and has no other transaction fees, then you will get the Visa/Mastercard exchange rate. But if the bank that issued you the card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%, then the effective exchange rate (i.e., charges hitting your home country bank account) you get is the Visa/Mastercard rate minus the bank 3% fee. The Visa exchange rate is usually a hair better than the Thai bank TT Buying Rate...this TT Rate is about the best a common man can get from Thai banks; the Mastercard exchange rate is usually just a little lower (approx 0.25%) lower than the TT Buying Rate. Now if your home country bank does not exactly follow the Visa/Mastercard exchange rates but alters the rates a little plus continues to charge any transaction fee(s), then only your home country bank would know the exchange rate being given on any one day...and they are not going to know any future rates as Forex rates are changing 24/7.

Summary: the effective exchange rate you get from an AEON ATM will most likely be the Visa/Mastercard Exchange Rate minus whatever fees the home country bank issuing the card applies. So, if you don't know what the foreign transaction fee(s) are for your card, you should find out....review your bank's web site....give them a call. AEON ATM only spit-out how many baht you enter for withdrawal; the charge/exchange rate that hits your home country bank account is a function of what exchange rate/fees your home country bank charges.

Visa Exchange Rate Web Page: Link

Mastercard Exchange Rate Web Page: Link