Opening A Massage Parlor In Thailand

I was just thinking if some experienced member can tell me roughly how much will cost to open a medium sized massage (massage only not sex) parlor somewhere in Thailand somewhere with obviously touristic activity like pattaya , ko samui phuket.

My main concern is the initial capital, running costs and how many girls should be employed.

Thank you!

Coals to Newcastle?

Cod to Whitby?

Just give her what she asks for, and move on to the next one....

SC

My recommendation, when investing in any local industry, is to ask advice from anonymous foreigners who have no interest in your well-being, and little understanding of the country in which you are investing....

What does your Thai co-investor say?

I am just quoting the above line since i really don't understand what you mean with the rest you said.

I haven't gotten to the co-investor part yet mate, i am simply asking if anyone knows the initial and running costs.

I'm just saying that if I was a foreigner, the last thing I woudl do in any country is invest in a market that appeared saturated.

If it was a business decision.

SC

Edit: And I;d be wary of the advice of foreigners and strangers

Edited by StreetCowboy

I am just quoting the above line since i really don't understand what you mean with the rest you said.

I haven't gotten to the co-investor part yet mate, i am simply asking if anyone knows the initial and running costs.

I'm just saying that if I was a foreigner, the last thing I woudl do in any country is invest in a market that appeared saturated.

SC

Being as it is a 'no sex' parlour, I'd say you'd be facing stiff competition and the idea is a non goer.

It's very difficult to assess start up costs, best equation is to work out quoted prices then multiply by 3, same running costs.

SC

Being as it is a 'no sex' parlour, I'd say you'd be facing stiff competition and the idea is a non goer.

It's very difficult to assess start up costs, best equation is to work out quoted prices then multiply by 3, same running costs.

I reckon that the capital costs would be trivial - but the income (as an investor) would, at best, be minimal - I think that the businesses that do well, do welll as an income for the people that run the business, rather than as a capital investment opportunity. Do you reckon you can run a successful massage business? If so, the money will not be a problem....

its not going to work unless you have a Thai as a business partner, too many hoops to jump thru,

Then you need to fix up whatever building you find , and to get Thai prices you will need that same Thai partner,

Are you going to am at Thais or Tourists ?

I think there "might" be a market for a total Spa experiance like you would find in Beverly Hills etc

totally pamper them for 3-4 hours ,

But you will probably never make much money.....but maybe thats not what you are after.....

Better than starting a bar I quess :)

BK

This may sound harsh but I and others who are telling you this business idea is DOA are telling you the truth. This is a fine way to throw money down the drain nothing more. If you are a 'business man' it's hard to believe you would even consider a business with such low profit margins and over saturation.

I know a lady that set up a foot massage place in the old mall adjoining Ambassador hotel soi 11. I don't know what she paid for rent or deposit but after buying a few chairs, a crappy stereo to play soothing music, towels etc, she paid nothing to the staff as they were paid a commission on the customers that came in. Sounded like quite a cheap way to set up a business to me.

i sold businesses in bangkok for 5 years and just retired one year ago

i would recommend that u buy an existing massage business in the city of ur choice

it will cost u less than setting up a new one

u can add employees and make changes to improve the business

u will have income the day u purchase the business

the lease and all licenses will be already in existance as well as a customer base

if u r in bangkok i would recommend that you contact www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

they will take care of all the details including legal requirements

if u have additional questions u can contact me here at thai visa for free advice

good luck!!

Coals to Newcastle?

Cod to Whitby?

Just give her what she asks for, and move on to the next one....

SC

My recommendation, when investing in any local industry, is to ask advice from anonymous foreigners who have no interest in your well-being, and little understanding of the country in which you are investing....

Opening a massage business in Thailand sounds about as original an idea as starting a fish farm, prawn farm or a scuba school.. The unforeseen problems you WILL encounter will be astonishing. Expect to spend alot of money while your Thai partner does nothing. Thailand will eat your money. Sorry. no cigar

My wife's cousin owned one in Phuket...no sex...and was attached to a fairly nice hotel in Phuket City. He made pretty good money doing it. His mother ran it, which helped a lot. But it was a money maker. He got out of it as his mother wanted to head back to the village and he moved to Singapore.

Well you would have to do something different that no one else can offer. How about add a tanning bed or two? (granted this would only appeal to farang community)

Obviously you would buy an existing business simply because that would give you all the gear. Anyways doesn't seem like a profitable business unless there is smth special about it.

I've just set one up from scratch (with my gf) in Patong.

I would advise against it, as competition is fierce and custom slow so far. Still, it keeps the girlie happy and occupied.

Obviously, location is the biggest factor. Find the right place and it can make good money in the high season. (Virtually nothing in low).

Costs:

Rental varies depending on the premises you find.

Fitout costs vary depending on whether you are buying into a place already set up with massage beds, tables, mattresses, curtains, signage, toweles, etc, or if you are starting with an empty shop.

Staff: How long is a piece of string? You sometimes need up to 7-8 if a Chinese tour group walk in and who apparently need to be massaged together, but the same staff may be sitting around for days without work when it's quiet. Hard to retain trained staff, they are always pissing off back home for a funeral, or to Europe with a boyfriend, or to Malaysia for a better paying job, etc, etc.

Overall costs for my complete setup were ridiculously low in western terms, and far cheaper than buying a house. :rolleyes:

Total cost to me under $20,000.

Unless you are prepared to walk away from this money, I would advise against it.

PM me if you want to know specific costs and suppliers.

Edited by Old Croc

I've just set one up from scratch (with my gf) in Patong.

I would advise against it, as competition is fierce and custom slow so far. Still, it keeps the girlie happy and occupied.

Obviously, location is the biggest factor. Find the right place and it can make good money in the high season. (Virtually nothing in low).

Costs:

Rental varies depending on the premises you find.

Fitout costs vary depending on whether you are buying into a place already set up with massage beds, tables, mattresses, curtains, signage, toweles, etc, or if you are starting with an empty shop.

Staff: How long is a piece of string? You sometimes need up to 7-8 if a Chinese tour group walk in and who apparently need to be massaged together, but the same staff may be sitting around for days without work when it's quiet. Hard to retain trained staff, they are always pissing off back home for a funeral, or to Europe with a boyfriend, or to Malaysia for a better paying job, etc, etc.

Overall costs for my complete setup were ridiculously low in western terms, and far cheaper than buying a house. :rolleyes:

Total cost to me under $20,000.

Unless you are prepared to walk away from this money, I would advise against it.

PM me if you want to know specific costs and suppliers.

Cheers mate, the right answer i was looking for.

To be honest i am more interested in the hospitality industry like renting a guest house or small hotel and with the necessary promotion tried to have the maximum occupancy depending on the season of course, the massage place was just an idea and since i know nothing about it i will not give it another thought, on the contrary i believe with the right promotional and sales tequnics you can keep yourself busy enough to pay the rents and have a steady decent income (according to thai standards).