Subscriptions Topic'S Posts By Email

surayu

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received a few spotty notifications of posts from the past several days, but I suppose it's just as well not to have to wade through the hundreds that were made over that time and hopefully it will start to notify on each specific post made starting today.

No, it's still not working properly. I had 34 emails at once this morning for the first time in 3 days, and nothing since even though the topics are updating. Appreciate its out of the hands of the guys on TV, however its extremely p*ss poor work by the 'technical experts,'

Yes, today I received a few email notifications on a couple of threads I had posted replies to (including this one), but no emails on new topics for any of my 'subscribed' forums.

As others have said, their was a little 'flurry' of emails which have now dried up completely.

I haven't even received notification for the last 5 or 6 posts on this thread.

Keep working at it lads, you'll get there in the end... :)

Ok, i had spoken too early :lol: it restarted but not as it used to be, basically the notifications are coming in "bulk" and not in real time as it used to be, got about 50 yesterday and about 40 today but it's not all of them, thanks.

I got the first batch of about 25 notifications today at 11A.M. The second batch of about 10 mails arrived at 14:00 hrs. (nothing in between and since the last batch) but most notifications were for topics and replies posted on Nov 1 and some for Nov 2, very few real new ones (certainly not all) got in.

All looks ok now at my end. Anyone still missing their email notifications?

Pretty sure my backlog of all notifications is now cleared. Some odd behaviour while it was sorting itself out, e.g. some very old replies interspersed with some recent ones, but now seems to have settled down.

Edited by dantilley

Seems to working OK but as far as I can see only for recent/current posts. The backlog hasn't been cleared, but I can live with that. As long as it works OK going forward.

I will keep monitoring.

Thanks George.

It appears that the backlog has now been cleared up and I get correct notifications

BUT

they still arrive in batches at three hours intervals.

Example of today:

5AM 14 notifications (13 new posts, 1 reply)

8AM 13 notifications (8 new posts, 5 replies)

11AM 9 notifications (8 new posts, 1 reply)

All replies were fore this topic.

Will the system go back to "immediate" notifications some time soon?

It appears that the backlog has now been cleared up and I get correct notifications

BUT

they still arrive in batches at three hours intervals.

Example of today:

5AM 14 notifications (13 new posts, 1 reply)

8AM 13 notifications (8 new posts, 5 replies)

11AM 9 notifications (8 new posts, 1 reply)

All replies were fore this topic.

Will the system go back to "immediate" notifications some time soon?

Apparently not yet, all notifications received today are at least 36 hours old and, as described, arrive in spotty non-chronological batches.

Yes, I had a small flood of notifications this morning and nothing since. A brief check shows that I should have received quite a few by now, including the new posts on this thread.

There is still a serious bug in the system.

Edited by Mobi

The opposite..

I got 16 emails last night for 'new posts' only 2 of which were new posts..

I even get multiple emails for new posts on closed threads !!

And another 7 since writing this post..

Another flood of them.. All to old threads (barring 1 which was a real new post) and PM's.. Threads I had visited last time I got the emails.

We're getting there... now notifications are 20 hours after posting, down from 36 hours.

They're all out of order, however, one 8 hours old, the next is 14 hours, the next is 9 hours, the next in cue is 20 hours, etc. with some in-between posts still not arriving.

The newest notification is 6 hours old, with dozens of others from today still missing.

I can't vouch for the three hours time interval, but they are definitely not "immediate".

There is a whole load of posts on one thread to which I subscribe, all made in the past 2-3 hours, which have yet to come through to me on emails.

My guess is that the 'delayed' notification is operating for everyone, but not the 'immediate' notification.