• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a latest update please?

Issue resolved.

We have just received and applied a few software patches which should resolve the issue. Please give it a few hours and the topic notifications emails should work.

On a separate note, Yahoo Mail doesn't like forum subscriptions emails so we recommend you to choose another email address than Yahoo mail to be sure to get them without delay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After having been fixed for several weeks now, the email notifications of new threads AND updated posts has stopped again over the past two days. Down to none now.

1. Are you using a Yahoo email address by chance? We have some problem with Yahoo for the moment.

2. Have you looked in your spam folder?

3. Have you white listed emails from thaivisa.com domain? Instructions: http://www.thaivisa.com/whitelist.html

After having been fixed for several weeks now, the email notifications of new threads AND updated posts has stopped again over the past two days. Down to none now.

1. Are you using a Yahoo email address by chance? We have some problem with Yahoo for the moment.

3. Have you white listed emails from thaivisa.com domain? Instructions: http://www.thaivisa.com/whitelist.html

1. Yes, it's a yahoo email.

2. Yes, none there.

3. Yes, done previously.

4. Did receive one email today, but it was the mass email sent out via a different Thaivisa sender (newsletter @ versus forum @)

2. Yes, none there.

3. Yes, done previously.

4. Did receive one email today, but it was the mass email sent out via a different Thaivisa sender (newsletter @ versus forum @)

The system saying that you are using rocketmail, not Yahoo. They are blocking your emails.

Channel To Email Date Sent Message

A [email protected] 1/7/2011 11:32:37 AM [bounce List] Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I hate to tell you George, but there does seem to be a bug in the system again, I first noticed yesterday that I wasn't getting any of the news updates, but I decided that you and webfact need a day off too!

However going back and checking, and I also waited until this morning to confirm, the emails are not working for me either, I am using a personal account.

2. Yes, none there.

3. Yes, done previously.

The system saying that you are using rocketmail, not Yahoo. They are blocking your emails.

Channel To Email Date Sent Message

A [email protected] 1/7/2011 11:32:37 AM [bounce List] Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

rocketmail IS yahoo:

AP- June 19, 2008

Yahoo Inc. is offering free e-mail accounts under two new designations in an effort to attract Web surfers unhappy with their current addresses.

The California-based company expects to begin registering new addresses under the domains of "ymail" and "rocketmail" around noon PDT Thursday (1900 GMT) at http://mail.yahoo.com.

It will be the first time that Yahoo has offered e-mail accounts under umbrellas other than its own company name since it became a correspondence conduit in 1997.

-----------------------

I log into my rocketmail acct. from yahoo's main page

And still no email notifications for thread updates and new threads for 6 days.

I do receive the mass emailings that are sent out, again with the different sender address that TV uses.

I have no blocked addresses in my account.

Edited by Buchholz

Yahoo is currently blocking notification emails sent out from forum software like Ip.Board. We have all the settings correct, but I will open a support ticket with Yahoo.

A workaround would be to change your yahoo addresses to something else.

For the tech savvy, yes we have SPF records and Domainkey in order. Yahoo email is just a nuisance from a forum owners perspective.

Now, the pendulum has swung in the extreme opposite direction with multiple emails received for the same updated post.

All have the same date stamp.

Not all posts generated multiple emails, but many did along the lines of 5-10 emails, but the largest email receipt was on this updated post which generated an astounding 56 email notifications :blink:

4 days later and the same continues, although thankfully, no further 56 emails on one post.

Typically, however, there's 3 or 4, but several times it's been 12 or more.

Additionally, they are no longer sequential, with older posts generating newer emails than new posts and notifications being repeated out of order.

:(