Hull Consulate

For those accustomed to getting a multiple non O for the purpose of "visiting a friend" from Hull Consulate, you now need documentary evidence of the existence of said friend.

I used copies of my GF's ID card and house papers, plus a letter from her, in Thai and English, asking if I can stay with her. That plus £110 did the trick.

Apparently the consulate has moved, and even though it is marked on the web site map, it is difficult to see as behind another building. However, if you turn up the side road by the Jaguar Dealership, you will see the flag.

Thanks for that useful bit of info, not about the jag garage the bit about documentary evidence. A friend of mine coming shortly was not asked for anything, I will bring back the letter confirming I will staying at this address, of course, it will be in Thai so I think that might be interesting for them!:lol:

The consulate in Hull is asking for the adress of a friend in Thailand for some time now. I believe this is still the case, as their form has not been changed and yu still only need to give the adress of a friend or relative in Thailand..

FWIW: I know of 3 ‘acquaintances’ who applied for the seemingly 'elusive' year-long multi-entry non-immigrant type-o visa for the reason of 'visiting friends' in the glorious "Land 'O Thais", at the consulate in Hull.

Two of them used foreigners who live here full time as their contact info; in name and address, and BOTH of them got a visa without a problem. The other one had a thai wife (so that reason is of marginal value to this thread).

It would seem it doesn't even hafta be a thai national that you're 'visiting', only someone who has an actual 'hard address' in this country.

One of the ‘acquaintances’ even got the visa saying he was going to visit a friend whose address is the frickin' Nana Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4 :o (go figure!). ..

Evidently 'friends' are friends whether they are foreigners or thai nationals. :P

At least for now it would seem the bar is set quite low as far as who you are going to visit here. The only prerequisite appears to be that whoever you're visiting actually lives in thailand and has an address here as well (as in, that person can supply documentation to back up the claim that they live here).

Then again, these are ONLY my experiences, and your mileage may indeed vary ;) . ..

Spoke to my friend who is due back in Thailand in 3 weeks about the documentary evidence and he told me he just gave the address of where he was staying, all came back in 3 days from Hull with no problems,so, it would appear nothing has changed in that respect. Maybe its different if you make a personal appearance?

Hull has very good downloadable application packs for each visa type. All the information you need including proforma letters. Look here http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Note. Last time I tried the downloads only worked correctly in Internet Explorer :(

They have certainly tightened up somewhat, but are still the easiest route to a decent stay if you have access to them :)