Airasia Change Itinerary

sbk

I thought i'd check to see how much to change my flight on airasia and it almost looks like they are going to charge me for a new ticket. Is this correct? Its not a full fare ticket but at 1700 baht no means that cheap. If its true that I have to purchase an entirely new ticket just to change the date then maybe I won't bother flying Airasia again.

Before you get apoplectic over being cheated... think about it. If they made it too cheap to change tickets, people would just buy up tranches of cheap tickets and then change the dates for next to nothing.

If you are changing to a more expensive flight date, then any airline would add that to your fare, were you allowed to change. Some full service airlines won't allow you to change some tickets at all.

So rather than blaming Air Asia for you not being able to travel on the date that you booked, perhaps it would have been more prudent for you to check the relevant costs for flight changes before you booked, if you thought it likely that you might change your dates.

They apply the full credit for any ticket changes, not a bad policy at all. A friend of mine wanted to change the date on her low price ticket with British Airways. Needless to state there was no refund offered.

Air Asia offer a useful and fairly priced service.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

apoplectic, cheers for the hyperbole on a simple question.

It appears I am being charged to buy an entirely new ticket. thats all I wanted to know. You have not answered this question. This is not a fee for change but a new ticket. But thanks for the chuckle, it certainly made my day.

Last time, well actually the only time, I changed my itinerary with Air Asia it was easy to do on-line there was a fee for changing and then I was charged the higher price for the ticket, so I didn't bother to go down that route. I actually purchased a new ticket and then didn't fly on the other one, I then claimed the airport tax back, it was a bit of faff but a fair bit cheaper.

Last time, well actually the only time, I changed my itinerary with Air Asia it was easy to do on-line there was a fee for changing and then I was charged the higher price for the ticket, so I didn't bother to go down that route. I actually purchased a new ticket and then didn't fly on the other one, I then claimed the airport tax back, it was a bit of faff but a fair bit cheaper.

Can you really claim the airport tax back in such a case?

EDITED: it seems you really can, see http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=18801397386&topic=13484

Edited by falang07

Can you really claim the airport tax back in such a case?

EDITED: it seems you really can, see http://www.facebook....386&topic=13484

I did that more than once, though it only makes sense in case of an international flight. That was around 60 Aus$ last year, when stupid JetStar-OZ made me miss my AirAsia-X flight from MEL to KUL :ph34r:

it took quite a while but then the money arrived. there is usually a fee of 100 Baht / 10 RM, which will be deducted from the amount, but I think that's fair.

As for flights out of BKK, you should get back 700 - 100 = 600 THB which will appear on your credit card statement after 1-2 months or so.

just a reminder: if you book promo-fares with full-service Airlines such as THAI AIR, LUFTHANSA, AIR FRANCE and the likes, you can't change your dates. with most Budget-Airlines you can, for a usually reasonable fee.

Cheers for a pertinent answer theoldgit, much appreciated,

I got into the form but then when it looked like I was going to have to purchase a new ticket I stopped, still not sure of the date for a change so will give it a try closer to the date.

I got into the form but then when it looked like I was going to have to purchase a new ticket I stopped, still not sure of the date for a change so will give it a try closer to the date.

I often change tickets, 900 baht surcharge and if the price is higher u pay the dif as well.

It appears I am being charged to buy an entirely new ticket. thats all I wanted to know. You have not answered this question. This is not a fee for change but a new ticket. But thanks for the chuckle, it certainly made my day.

Actually I did answer your question. I wrote that they gave you the full credit for your ticket and of course you pay the difference if the new flight is more expensive.

I assumed that you had already seen the change fee and were unhappy about it.

I did write, "Before you get apoplectic"(and consider abandoning Air Asia)....

But I'm happy that it gave you a laugh, as laughing promotes good health. :thumbsup:

It's is becos the new ticket is cheaper than an amended one...

Edited by chuang

There is no problem with experimenting, as the change is only locked in when you actually pay for the new flight and changes. So don't worry about doing something irreversible.