UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder if it has anything to do with this "supermoon" I was reading about?

http://www.spiderker...arth-Quake.aspx

Scary.

Cheers Roo, yeah it is and seems a bit to much of a coincidence that it is total unseason chaos across right now.

I did chuckle at "moonageddon" though :)

Press read more & choose play to listen.

http://www.ethailand.com/news/the-supermoon-is-coming-103459.html

Lots of rain but I've not seen any flooding in Hua Thanon or Lamai - went into town about two hours ago. It might explain why Lamai Tescos has sold out of the ordinary things like bread, ham and cheese though :( It's not like we are expecting snow lol. No water though in Hua Thanon and it's been like this since about 3pm this afternoon. It is nice to feel cool though! Might get a decent nights sleep tonight!

Wonder if it has anything to do with this "supermoon" I was reading about?

http://www.spiderker...arth-Quake.aspx

Scary.

Cheers Roo, yeah it is and seems a bit to much of a coincidence that it is total unseason chaos across right now.

I did chuckle at "moonageddon" though :)

i thought u was on about my streeking across manam to lamui

laugh.gif

shit i have been away for a bit. i did not realise that the weather was terrible in Samui the last few days. not tell u lot where i am. its a secret as i have a business in samui and i do not want people to follow me to this tropical sunny paradise also i am having a break. oh well hope u lot have a good 1 today. B)

Good pictures!

It's looking a bit like that around my place this morning..... oh my!!!! :angry: I should have replaced a few roofing tiles when it was dry.... but then too Tesco Mall (Chawang) had a number of buckets catching drips yesterday... be careful not to kick the bucket ;)

Forecast looks bad until Thursday....

I think everyone will be going a bit Quackers by then.... :)

Did my visa run yesterday, We had to turn around once, and keep calling ahead to check the routes as a few roads were impassable. Went through several flooded areas. Strangest one was where a catfish farm had overflowed and there were Thai men with buckets and nets everywhere trying to catch fish.

Take care peeps, especially on those sandy roads.

Hua Thanon completely flooded near the Jubilee Restaurant and Lamai Beach Road is even worse from what I've heard. The road outside where we live in Hua Thanon (in the mountain) is like a river and it's running really fast and taking sand with it. If the rain continues things are only going to get worse.

Do anyone knows if the overstayers will be exempted of paying fine at the border because of the floods problems or was it a "nice try" ? :D

I seem to remember that in Nov/Dec they waived the overstay fee for a few people who were affected. I can't remember who it was but I'm sure there is a lady from Koh Phangan on here that wrote about it a few months back... maybe go back to the start of this thread and have a look :)

I'm heading back to Samui from Songkla today so will be driving through the newly declared disaster zones. Does anybody know if Donsak is open for traffic etc ?

I will let you know what its like when I get back. Or if I get back later ;)

The missus said last night there has been another tree blown down in the high winds so cannot get up the mountain to the house and it has taken the electric down with it so it will be fun and games again when I finally hit Samui :(

To the best of my information, Donsak has been closed, see my post @ 282 and the link provided, that will give you the reason why. Also, afaik, the ferries between Samui and Donsak have stopped service. Check with the respective ferry companies. It looks there's no need leaving Songkran right now. These roads are not something to deal with too lightly and will claim victims whenever they can.

Just spoke to a friend on KP who was supposed to do visa report on Samui today, Songterm ferry cancelled....from KP I suspect others too?

Also a neighbour who works in Thaling Ngam .... just popped by to say roads too flooded to get though.... I think he was trying to say near the Lomprayah ferry road, in Maenam.... his English not so good.....

Road in front of my house is a river... oh my my! Another huge mess to clean up! ...... At the moment I would say water levels higher than any point in November! :(

Just spoke to a friend on KP who was supposed to do visa report on Samui today, Songterm ferry cancelled....from KP I suspect others too?

Also a neighbour who works in Thaling Ngam .... just popped by to say roads too flooded to get though.... I think he was trying to say near the Lomprayah ferry road, in Maenam.... his English not so good.....

Road in front of my house is a river... oh my my! Another huge mess to clean up! ...... At the moment I would say water levels higher than any point in November! :(

and its going to get a whole worst tomorrow - http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=30397

To the best of my information, Donsak has been closed, see my post @ 282 and the link provided, that will give you the reason why. Also, afaik, the ferries between Samui and Donsak have stopped service. Check with the respective ferry companies. It looks there's no need leaving Songkran right now. These roads are not something to deal with too lightly and will claim victims whenever they can.

Sorry I'm new here & I'm interested by your thread but I don't really get "see my post @ 282 and the link provided" part...

Sorry I'm new here & I'm interested by your thread but I don't really get "see my post @ 282 and the link provided" part...

282 is the post number. Top right hand corner of every post.

You can check all weather predictions :

Click here for the Thai Meteorological Department's forecast for Koh Samui.

Click here to see the Accuweather 15-day forecast for Samui.

Click here or Click here to see the most recent radar image.

Click here for the TMD's general forecast for Thailand.

Click here for Windguru Koh samui.

Click here for Thaivisa Koh Samui weather.

click here for Wunderground.

Click here for Wolframalpha.

You can check all weather predictions :

Click here for the Thai Meteorological Department's forecast for Koh Samui.

Click here to see the Accuweather 15-day forecast for Samui.

Click here or Click here to see the most recent radar image.

Click here for the TMD's general forecast for Thailand.

Click here for Windguru Koh samui.

Click here for Thaivisa Koh Samui weather.

click here for Wunderground.

Click here for Wolframalpha.

Thx mate.

Seems like from 1st april we'll get out of this ish... :) Finally