Anyhow

ChAoS87

Hey guys, what i want to express is the word 'Anyhow', before someone says 'Yang ngai gaw dtaam', i believe is not the word i think suits my context. Its a word that meant doing/saying something without considering the final outcome, somehow casually. For example, Person A gossiped about Person B. Person C, who happened to be Person B's friend, went over to Person A and told me not to make comments '_____'. Its very similar to anyhow, just that i dont know that word for it exactly. Can anyhow help me? Thanks..

แต่อย่างใด means anyhow or anyway. I just learned this

one the other day from a newscast. Here is an example.

(The story is that police beleive a group of rowdy teens

smashed some car windows.)

คนร้ายไม่ได้มุ่งเอาทรัพย์สินที่มีค่าในรถไปแต่อย่างใด

The bad people did not aim to steal valuables from the

car anyhow.

one the other day from a newscast. <SNIP>

Wow, I never ever heard that phrase spoken before either :D .

I even found it on thai-language dot com;

http://www.thai-language.com/id/219234

แต่อย่างใด (dtaaeL yaangL daiM); at all, anyway, anyhow. The examples used show its usage at the end of a sentence carrying the meaning outlined in the previous post by "klons".

I'll hafta try it out when I'm sitting outside this week with my thai friends, and see how it plays in ภาษาพูด.

Some of the phrases I learn on this forum and think will work, I've found in real life, just don't give the 'bang-4-the-baht' I'd expect :huh: . Still quite a useful phrase, thanx for askin' about it :)

Tod,

The examples provided in T-L.com are both from written, not oral, sources. I suspect that "เลย" is the spoken form. Therefore I think that the example, ". . . ยังไม่มีอะไร ๆ คลี่คลายอย่างแจ้งชัดออกมาให้เห็นแต่อย่างใด" might in the spoken language be, " . . . ยังไม่มีอะไร ๆ คลี่คลายอย่างแจ้งชัดออกมาให้เห็นเลย".

What do you think?

one the other day from a newscast. <SNIP>

Wow, I never ever heard that phrase spoken before either :D .

I even found it on thai-language dot com;

http://www.thai-language.com/id/219234

แต่อย่างใด (dtaaeL yaangL daiM); at all, anyway, anyhow. The examples used show its usage at the end of a sentence carrying the meaning outlined in the previous post by "klons".

I'll hafta try it out when I'm sitting outside this week with my thai friends, and see how it plays in ภาษาพูด.

Some of the phrases I learn on this forum and think will work, I've found in real life, just don't give the 'bang-4-the-baht' I'd expect :huh: . Still quite a useful phrase, thanx for askin' about it :)