Chachengsao Immigration Office

Has anybody applied for a Certificate of residence at the Chachengsao Immigration office recently? I will need it for car purchase/registration. I'm on a non-imm O visa (retirement) and last extension was done at Chacengsao. Have a 30 year land lease and ownership of house built on that land and all paperwork thereby.

If you did this, what was required and how easy?

I have to weigh the hassle of a 2 hr drive (4 hr r/t) there vs doing it at my Ampur, which last time I went through this was a nightmare requiring multiple trips, appeals to successive levels of officials and then the sumnmoning of the Puu Yai Bann (no easy matter, among other things he is usually passed out drunk and unable to walk...). All in all, a 4 hr r/t is the lesser evil provided I can be reasonably sure of getting it done same day. From what I've read elsewhere, some immigration offices no longer issue these...

Thanks!

Don't know the answer, but do note that most offices require that you do 90 day reports with them in order to issue such letter.

If you don't do 90 day reports you might need to do get one from your embassy.

Note that a tabien baan or a work permit is also accepted as proof of address. You can ask the amphur what is needed to get a tabien baan. (Mine just needs a certificate of residence).

As I left the country and re-entered it at intervals of less than 90 days since my visa extension, no 90 day reporting requirement. Entered my address on the arrival form of course.

And, my Embassy does not issue such letters, full stop. the only thing they will issue, at an exorbitant fee, is a notarized letter stating that I request a tabian baan. :bah:

I do not have a work permit (don't work in Thailand), and I have only a blue tabian baan so my name is not in it, it is blank.

As for getting a yellow tabian bann from my Ampur, that would unquestionably be much harder than getting a Certificate of Residence from them which was already quite hard. They have never heard of a yellow tabian baan or issued one, and they're not much into learning new things <_< Very, very few foreigner in this province and most of them are short stay folk.

Went today. They do issue them. only unexpected glitch was a requirement for 2 passport photos, which I hadn't anticipated but luckily came in time to go out and get.

90 day reporting issue was never raised, nor did they even look at all the papers I brought pertaining to my land-lease and house, they were quite happy with the blue tabian baan (which doesn't have my name in it). I showed as well a 6 year old letter from the ampur confirming my address, which they also copied, but I had the sense it would have been fine even if I hadn't had that.

Whole thing took 1 hour inclusive of running out for the photos and cost 200 Baht.

I must say (knock on wood) that thus far -- this is my second occasion to go there -- it is the easiest immigration office I've dealt with in LOS. Probably because they've had so little contact with farang. So please, fellow TV members who fall under their jurisdiction, behave nicely when you go there so that this lasts...... <_<