Steaks

rics21

I enjoy Tenderloins in Soi 33...you may not though as there never seems to be consensus on what a good steak is!

Failing that I BBQ at home.......

BTW isnt it funny how its come full circle and Steak restaurants have become trendy again in the big 'world' cities??

I enjoy Tenderloins in Soi 33...you may not though as there never seems to be consensus on what a good steak is!

Failing that I BBQ at home.......

BTW isnt it funny how its come full circle and Steak restaurants have become trendy again in the big 'world' cities??

Beef Wellington anyone? :D

Three best steak places in BKK:

1. Rib Room at the Landmark

2. New York Steak House in the JW Marriott

3. Hamilton’s at the Dusit Thani

No other steak houses/places come close to these three, and they are the closest you will find to a Morton’s, or similar. Beware, they are expensive.

I guess it really depends what sort of steaks you go for... It seems everyone has a different preference.

I found NY Steak house at the Marriot to be highly over priced (Kobe at B5000 per steak) and the staff quite annoying (but that may have been one member of staff being a little over zealous in questioning how I wanted my meet cooked (I requested medium 3 times, while she countered that I should have it rare)... I had to ask her in the end if she was going to sit down and eat the steak instead of me !!!' and then asked that an alternative waitress continue to serve us throughout the remainder of our meal).

I also find Neil's Tavern (Nr Ruam Rudee) to be slightly over rated - and its always too hot in there.

I've found that Steak of a high marbling grade is not for me and I do much prefer aged meat.

In choosing leaner cuts such as Tenderloin I have found excellent steaks at the following:

Bacco (Suk 53)

Beccofino

L'Opera

Palazzo

I've never really found the need to veer much further than these area's when looking for a decent steak that suits MY tastes.

I have also heard that there is a Japanese steak house down the road from Pan Tip Plaza that is excellent. I intend to give this a try at some point in the future.

I had a reasonably cheap but nice steak at the little outdoor restaurant next to the Amari Watergate in Sukhumvit Soi 5. It looks like a 'walk in' heineken advertisement, they drill the steaks on a BBQ in the back corner of the eating area.

A friend and myself thought we would test the difference between the Aussie imported tenderloin and the domestic tenderloin so we ordered one of each, cut them in half and swapped half a steak each. I couldn't tell the difference, apart from the price. I think it was about 400 Baht for the locally produced steak with fries and red wine sauce and it was bigger than the imported one too. The imported one was a few hundred Baht more expensive.

The Huntsman in the Landmark do a good steak dinner.

Then there's the high end steak houses which are all excellent in my experience but it can be hard to get reservations at short notice, this was a few years ago though.