To Much Information

kenny999

When people post a simple question asking advice and wanting a simple answer, then why cant the thread be just that (SIMPLE) if people feel they must talk technical then why dont you just start your on thread on the subject you are interested in, then you can talk technical to your hearts content, you could call it my bike(technical) lol Happy days.....

Edited by kenny999

When is a question simple, what are the qualifiers it won;t be simple anymore

When does an answer getting (too) technical.

How many words can the advice be according to you so it won't be too complicated

I am realy confused now :huh:

So its to complicated for you then lol

Question. what is the size of the engine on a Toyota Vios(cc) answer 1500cc that is all someone would want to know,,, simple

Edited by kenny999

So its to complicated for you then lol

Question. what is the size of the engine on a Toyota Vios(cc) answer 1500cc that is all someone would want to know,,, simple

that would be 1497 cc :jap:

Got to love Thai Visa crazy.gif

Do you know what the compression ratio is

Got to love Thai Visa crazy.gif

Do you know what the compression ratio is

You have got to love TV because I have been waiting for the first person to say it was actually 1497cc well done first prize HaHa would not have a clue about compression ratio but if I did want to know I could just google it. simple!!!

10.5:1 for a simple answer lol

The compression ratio is a single number that can be used to predict the performance of any engine (such as an internal-combustion engine or a Stirling Engine). It is a ratio between the volume of a combustion chamber and cylinder, when the piston is at the bottom of its stroke and the volume when the piston is at the top of its stroke. The higher the compression ratio, the more mechanical energy an engine can squeeze from its air-fuel mixture. Higher compression ratios, however, also make detonation more likely.

NOW FOR SOMEONE LIKE MYSELF THE COMPRESSION RATIO OF AN ENGINE IS NOT IMPORTANT AND I WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT HERE IS THE BEST ANSWER I COULD FIND ON GOOGLE SO ALL YOU TECHNICALLY MINDED PEOPLE OUT THERE ENJOY!!!!!

Edited by kenny999

Quoting the OP:

"When people post a simple question asking advice and wanting a simple answer, then why cant the thread be just that"

Agree to that part. I don't like posting in threads that drifted off topic, readers should know what it is about after reading the title of the thread.

Also I don't like it when people come with off topic advice after a question has been asked: " may I ask how long you have known this Thai girlfriend you want to start a restaurant with? Take this piece of advice from an old Thailand hand my friend bla bla".

Agree to that part. I don't like posting in threads that drifted off topic, readers should know what it is about after reading the title of the thread.

Also I don't like it when people come with off topic advice after a question has been asked: " may I ask how long you have known this Thai girlfriend you want to start a restaurant with? Take this piece of advice from an old Thailand hand my friend bla bla".

Threads will natuarly go off in different directions, that's how conversation works. Same goes for arguing different points of view. Some people get annoyed when people do that, but it's a normal healthy part of interacting with each other, which is what forums are about.

Anyway, isn't it great Chelsea are top of the Premier league, I wonder how they're gonna do in the champions league this year. :D

your answers are to short, to little information :lol: :lol:

yaris comes with at least 4 engine sizes (only one in LOS though)

1,0 1,4 1,5 1,6

and the compression ratio varies from approx 10 to 18(diesel)

all from my memory

All very nice, but he was asking about a Vios...............:rolleyes:

your answers are to short, to little information :lol: :lol:

yaris comes with at least 4 engine sizes (only one in LOS though)

1,0 1,4 1,5 1,6

and the compression ratio varies from approx 10 to 18(diesel)

all from my memory

All very nice, but he was asking about a Vios...............:rolleyes:

same car, called yaris sedan in the US. Vios is a thai name only, so technically Vios comes with 1,5 only, but changing the badge/stickers, my reply is correct.

You see how difficult it is with a short answer :D

Threads will natuarly go off in different directions, that's how conversation works. Same goes for arguing different points of view. Some people get annoyed when people do that, but it's a normal healthy part of interacting with each other, which is what forums are about.

Anyway, isn't it great Chelsea are top of the Premier league, I wonder how they're gonna do in the champions league this year. :D

Yes come on Chelsea oh sugar I have gone off topic lol

same car, called yaris sedan in the US. Vios is a thai name only, so technically Vios comes with 1,5 only, but changing the badge/stickers, my reply is correct.

You see how difficult it is with a short answer :D

Hmmm, the Yaris here is a different car........confused