Bohn Body Armor

seedy

Brought a set from N America. First impressions - great protection, pants not too much hotter than just jeans, top was OK at speed. Stopping for traffic lights, I felt a definite heat build-up.

I also bought a HD mesh jacket, this model comes with a removable waterproof Hoody. Was OK at speed, but with the same heat build-up while stopped.

Bottom line - I will wear the bottoms for sure, but probably only wear the top during long rides.

Heading to Singapore end of November, should provide a good shake-down.

Mate its the top that you should wear all the time. you got a lot of bones in ya elbows and shoulder that you can break or fracture easily.not to mention the bruising that it can save.

I have a fractured clavicul because i wasn't wearing a jacket and had an accident.

A little bit of heat aint to bad.

Mate its the top that you should wear all the time. you got a lot of bones in ya elbows and shoulder that you can break or fracture easily.not to mention the bruising that it can save.

I have a fractured clavicul because i wasn't wearing a jacket and had an accident.

Yep, I'll take some heat and sweat over road rash and broken bones any day! :lol:

Same here. Wasn't even going very fast, trying to dodge a stupid (deaf & dumb?) soi dog, swerved right and hit the front break too hard. Flew off the bike and fractured my clavical.

PS-The bike and dog were fine...

I guess I was not as specific as I could have been ...

When not wearing the bohn top, I have the HD mesh jacket on. It comes with shoulder and elbow armor. also has hydration packs that fit into built-in pockets. Ain't tried them yet.

Pics - will get some taken and attached soonest.

Thanks for the pics. 1st time i have seen it on so to speak.

I'm in 2 minds about this stuff for Thailand. In as much as if its comfortable then it would be good to wear with just jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt BUT if like me you like a bit more abrasion protection then i imagine it could get very hot under a jacket.

The bottoms would be ok under jeans with a jacket up top.