Non-O Extension Renewal

Hi

\

can someone remind me what is required to extend for another year (my non-O one year extension is due to expire on 27th December).

also, will the immigration need to come and check me out again at my address? i ask only because i might need to travel in January and last year they expected me to wait around for a month until they had been to the house to check if it was for real.

thanks!

G

From the look of it you are talking about a repeat extension for the reason of living with your Thai wife. Also for these repeat extensions, you first get an extension of only 30 days and after that the full extension for one year, but it is highly unlikely that they will come and visit your home again.

Are your travel plans such that you will be back before the end of the initial 30-day extension? If not, please talk to the immigration office already now and ask if you can apply early, to complete the procedure before you have to travel. Most immigration offices are accommodating in such situations when you approach them with your travel itinerary in hand.

From the look of it you are talking about a repeat extension for the reason of living with your Thai wife. Also for these repeat extensions, you first get an extension of only 30 days and after that the full extension for one year, but it is highly unlikely that they will come and visit your home again.

Are your travel plans such that you will be back before the end of the initial 30-day extension? If not, please talk to the immigration office already now and ask if you can apply early, to complete the procedure before you have to travel. Most immigration offices are accommodating in such situations when you approach them with your travel itinerary in hand.

thanks, it is a repeat extension for the reason of living with my Thai wife! And I should be back before the 30 day extension but i'm just not sure of exact dates of travel. The good news is that they are unlikely to visit my home again since this was limiting what/where I go do/go..

Do I just present the same information as the first time?

Do they requires pictures and proof that we're together like last time?

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

been and back already..

there is one guy in that place that has got a real problem with life.. everyone else seems friendly and keen to help. He just made the whole experience really stressful. I think it was the same guy that granted me a visa last year but this year he was even worse. Even had his magnifying glass out inspecting my passport, as if it was a fake or something. He delayed the whole process until it was midday and then said he needed to go to eat, so that was an hour so far. His female colleague even said (when he was out of ear shot), rolling her eyes, 'if it was me I would have had this whole thing complete in 20 mins'. The fact was that he kind of butted his way through and made this one his case. So, after lunch he told me that i had to copy all the pages of my bank book even though I had copied all the pages for the last 3 months. When i returned, things were a little smoother until I told him that i needed to leave the country next year on the 13th Jan. He told me that I couldn't because I had to wait over a month for my visa request to be approved.. until the 26th Jan.

The thing is my current visa ends on the 27th Dec. I had called before to talk about the fact that i needed to leave the country on the 13th Jan for 2 weeks so the Lady on the phone told me to come early and it would be OK. I arrived on the 30th Nov. But its like he ignored that date and only considered the one on the passport (27th Dec). Anyway, after a long discussion I managed (i think) to learn that its 'likely' that they will review my case within a month from the 30th Nov but it was said in such a way to keep me sweating. The issue is not the process or the rules. Its the guy with the glasses who's on a power trip.. he even had to lite up a cigarette at the end, right there at his desk.. think to insinuate to me how difficult and tiring his job is.. probably is too, but I didn't like the way he did that around people who clearly didn't smoke.

Anyway, if anyone understands this slightly complicated situation that I've probably not explained too clearly, or has been in a similar situation with the 'month waiting for approval' then please let me know your thoughts.

cheers

They will stamp in your passport a 30 day period, most times from the date your current extension expires. On the indicated date you should return to immirgation to get the one year extension.

You can leave the country with a re-entry permit, but will need to be back on the date indicate to receive the 1 year extension or you lose your extension! Which in your case seems to be the 26th of Jan.

They will stamp in your passport a 30 day period, most times from the date your current extension expires. On the indicated date you should return to immirgation to get the one year extension.

You can leave the country with a re-entry permit, but will need to be back on the date indicate to receive the 1 year extension or you lose your extension! Which in your case seems to be the 26th of Jan.

Yes, this is what i have concluded but they did day that it is quite likely they will receive confirmation before that date and I can call to check if it has arrived or not.. if so, I should be able to go and get my 1 year extension before i have to leave the country.. If not, then I in a situation because the planned trip is not to return until after the 26th..

thanks