Banned - Airmail Parcels Over 430 Grams To The Usa

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes sorry just thank our jailers here in the US

Gotta clear the way for the next false flag "event" or funding for the next have to attack xxx....Ya know how it is ...tough getting funding/public support these days ;)

post-51988-0-72914900-1290405747_thumb.g

Napolitano announces air cargo restrictions

Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010

453-gram limit on U.S.-bound mail

By MINORU MATSUTANI

Staff writer

Japan Post Services Co. said it will stop accepting airmail packages bound for the United States weighing 453 grams (1 pound) or more starting Wednesday because airlines will stop such delivery at the request of U.S. aviation authorities as part of antiterrorism measures.

The postal services arm of Japan Post Holdings Co. handles 16 million letters and packages by air and sea to the U.S. annually, and "15 percent of that will be affected," a Japan Post spokesman said. That means about 200,000 packages a month will be affected.

The company said it will accept packages from senders that use a service enabling them to pay after delivery instead of beforehand, a service designated for regular customers, even if a package weighs 453 grams or more. The company will notify the public of any changes in the situation, the spokesman said.

The Transportation Security Administration of the U.S. has informed air carriers of the 453-gram rule, and carriers notified Japan Post Services, the spokesman said. The rule applies not only to packages from Japan but from other countries.

Packages containing explosives were found in Britain and Dubai on two cargo planes from Yemen bound for the U.S. in late October. The TSA heightened its aviation alert level since then.

The Japanese units of Fedex Corp., United Parcel Service of America Inc. and DHL International GmbH said they have no similar plans as Japan Post's. But DHL "will cooperate with the United States and other countries as they have raised (the) security level," spokeswoman Maho Takahashi said.

Overseas Courier Service Ltd. said it stopped accepting packages Friday to be delivered to the U.S., Latin America, Europe and Africa containing ink cartridges or toner cartridges weighing more than 450 grams.

Also from Cyprus....

US bans incoming parcels via passenger plane

By Patrick Dewhurst

The United states has banned passenger airlines from importing all parcels over 450 grams, after the discovery of two mail bombs sent to the states from Yemen.

The Cyprus post office confirmed the stoppage was in effect since yesterday, while early reports indicate the US government's Transport Security Administration (TSA) directive will be in effect for 30 days, covering the peak Christmas mail rush.

The ban has already cost one Paphos based businessman hundreds of Euros in lost business. OST Cosmetics manager Neil Hart normally exports between five and ten packages to the US daily, each worth up to €200, but he has sent none since Tuesday.

TSA Secretary Janet Napolitano said on November 8: "Following the thwarted terrorist plot last week to conceal and ship explosive devices on board aircraft bound for the U.S., the (TSA) administration took a number of immediate steps to increase security by tightening existing measures related to cargo bound for the United States."

Napolitano said this ban will also apply to certain inbound international air cargo shipments.

If your business exports packages to the US, please email [email protected] and tell us how you have been affected

White House, DHS take steps to tighten air cargo security

Edited by flying

Surely this cannot be true? A block on all international mail over 430grams??? That's mental...sending employee to post office now to check.

Yes VERY true, I was just at the Post Office and was handed a copy of the Instruction. I had one parcel for 700g, just broke it down to make 2 parcels 350g each and off they went. Just means more parcels but same weight.

By the way, EMS is the same rule.

Edited by CharlieH

Surely this cannot be true? A block on all international mail over 430grams??? That's mental...sending employee to post office now to check.

Yes VERY true, I was just at the Post Office and was handed a copy of the Instruction. I had one parcel for 700g, just broke it down to make 2 parcels 350g each and off they went. Just means more parcels but same weight.

I wonder if they offered you the 700g price, instead of the 350g price?

Cost to send a 4Kg airmail package to US: 2450 THB

Cost to send 10 400g airmail packages to US: 9500 THB

I wonder if they offered you the 700g price, instead of the 350g price?

Cost to send a 4Kg airmail package to US: 2450 THB

Cost to send 10 400g airmail packages to US: 9500 THB

No they didnt, I had to pay the 2 x 350g price so for the next fortnight its gonna get expensive but nothing you can do, just have to swallow it and hope it really does only last until Dec 8th and they dont extend it indefinately.

Ironically over the holidays too. Maybe it's another grand scheme to make the US Post office some more money and help them out of the loss column?? :rolleyes:

Of course the shipping companies are wringing their hands and not opposing the measure it will make them millions like the insurance companies do when requiring health insurance..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Dunno... I mailed a bunch of large boxes to the US today via Thailand Post SAL Air Mail without any problems...

Anyone else have anything to report?

That is weird. Maybe they didn't get the notice. I am going to check on it tomorrow, as I have a bunch of stuff to send. SAL would be better than nothing.

:o...That's an unheard-of and huge step in International shipping.

I know that Hong Kong Post (for instance) is struggling with hundreds of thousands of parcels for the holiday season, to be sent worldwide and have serious delays already but such a drastic step (above 1 pound/453 grams) will have great consequences for 10's of thousands of families in the US.

Can you imagine all the other countries like China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, India, Thailand sending parcels for the holiday season ? :(

Does anyone know why there is a limit with exactly 1 pound? :blink: Does that mean that 2, 3 or 4 packages of less than 453 grams couldn't contain dangerous materials ?

And WHY the date of December 8th ?

Paranoid America.

LaoPo

Dunno... I mailed a bunch of large boxes to the US today via Thailand Post SAL Air Mail without any problems...

Anyone else have anything to report?

That is weird. Maybe they didn't get the notice. I am going to check on it tomorrow, as I have a bunch of stuff to send. SAL would be better than nothing.

Not really, TIT, they still don't have uniformity on the Immigration laws here and visas for example.. Just mailing it does not necessarily mean it will get in on the other side, it may just come back in a week or 2..

I know that Hong Kong Post (for instance) is struggling with hundreds of thousands of parcels for the holiday season, to be sent worldwide and have serious delays already but such a drastic step (above 1 pound/453 grams) will have great consequences for 10's of thousands of families in the US.

Can you imagine all the other countries like China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, India, Thailand sending parcels for the holiday season ? :(

Does anyone know why there is a limit with exactly 1 pound? :blink: Does that mean that 2, 3 or 4 packages of less than 453 grams couldn't contain dangerous materials ?

Paranoid America.

LaoPo

But................................Hey anything for OUR security!!! :rolleyes: I don't know about others but I'm beginning to feel like a well trained poodle..................or maybe not a poodle more like a German Shepard...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Paranoid America.

LaoPo

If you take a look at the links provided by "flying" at the top of this post you can read the official US position. Its all about Bombs in the mail and recent threats.

If you take a look at the links provided by "flying" at the top of this post you can read the official US position. Its all about Bombs in the mail and recent threats.

Which of course is ludicrous since there is still no program in place to inspect more than a small percentage of the hundreds of thousands of cargo containers that are shipped to the US every year. With this poorly thought out knee jerk air mail ban the "Land that was Once FREE" and the "Home of the Once Upon a Time BRAVE" is just telling would be terrorists to ship their bombs via cargo or private courier or in their checked luggage. It would be laughable if it wasn't such a travesty... :bah:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Paranoid America.

LaoPo

Packages were found, coming from Yemen and there are threats on a daily basis; it also doesn't clarify the question about the weight and the date of Dec. 8th.

The worldwide paranoia, not just in the US, is taking huge proportions with the "naked" body scans, the ban on liquids of 100cc+, now parcels....where's the end?

It looks like OBL and his fellow terrorists are taking the whole world hostage and the western world has no answer.

LaoPo

Why doesn't the US simply ban all air traffic to and from the US? The US will then be safe from the world and the world safe from the US. Win-Win. Everyone is happy.

No it won't! We still have a military with plenty of planes and ships :P .....

It looks like OBL and his fellow terrorists are taking the whole world hostage and the western world has no answer.

OBL is probably a ghost that died years ago in a cave at Tora Bora

This is SOP for TPTB

There will be something they want *done* soon...First they need to create a sympathetic environment .

Perhaps something to distract from concerted efforts to crash the banks on Dec 7th?

We will see soon enough

Edited by flying

OBL is probably a ghost that died years ago in a cave at Tora Bora

This is SOP for TPTB

There will be something they want *done* soon...First they need to create a sympathetic environment .

Perhaps something to distract from concerted efforts to crash the banks on Dec 7th?

We will see soon enough

Hmmmm.....unfortunately there's nobody, able to confirm your "probably".....

LaoPo

Hmmmm.....unfortunately there's nobody, able to confirm your "probably".....

Well actually it was claimed by a retired Major with Delta Force that was at the battle of Tora Bora December 2001 himself.

Also it does not hurt that there has been NO CONFIRMED sighting of him since.

But then again that is how these things work yes?

None confirmation is what is wanted/needed

Otherwise how can they continue to invade Afghanistan/pipelineistan ?

Edited by flying

No confirmation is what is wanted / needed Otherwise how can they continue to invade Afghanistan/pipelineistan ?

Certainly my nomination for the Grassy Knoll Award of the day ... and this is from one of ThaiVisa's prime source of financial acumen ...

December 8 seems to just be 30 days as that is the temporary period. Hopefully alternative arrangements can be made by then (perhaps restrictions on commercial flights mail cargo)?

One pound would appear to be considered safe under current conditions of placement of mail to limit damage (not take plane down with loss of life from that).

As the stated objective is to bleed us 'one plane at a time' rather than the previous massive attack strategy it would appear to be to be a reasonable reaction designed to save lives. There are many restrictions on cargo for commercial flights I believe - now another. Commercial services would seem an alternative until new mailing procedures are in place.

^^Yep.

" Dear Uncle Bob. Merry Xmas. Sorry about the iPad I promised you. Next year maybe. Hope you enjoy the " Isuzu D-Max Commonrail Diesel " and " Pattaya Sex Instructor - First Lesson Free " t-shirts. "

Edited by mca