New Resaurant Spotted

tommytouch

Well done on the design! I can't imagine how the owner got all that stuff here but it's nice to see a bit of home. As far as pricing goes, I'm AOK with a $6

hot dog for atmosphere. Restaurants are always going to be a bit more the nicer they are.

Its simple really the show is on the outside and once you get in and sit down the food is not that good and disappoints,agree with the other poster same standard food as sunrise tacos,average.

All front and no substance shame really as the idea on the outside is great,the website shows how much they seem to care about there customers.

Somebody who takes it over and raises the standard inside will do very well,great location and frontage.

As to Sunrise Tacos, probably because they speak better English to match the predominant clientele... and likewise because Filipinos have such a great reputation for their food... :bah:

As to the V8 Diner, for a long time, they had happy hour (which was pretty much all day and night) beer specials of 29 and 39 baht per bottle... including Federbrau and others. That alone was enough to recommend the place... Unfortunately, those have since been replaced with new 69 baht HH specials for Chang if I recall correctly, which doesn't do much for me...

But, as for the food, name me another place anywhere in the same area that offers decent pancakes and chili fries, which the V8 does... (La Monita offers carne asada fries, which are excellent, but they're not chili (con carne) fries.

I never said V8 was great... But it has had, and does have, a few things going for it... Admittedly, the food overall doesn't match the exterior decor.

V8 Diner is OK ... food is generally over-fried fast food with some Thai dishes as well ... it's good for late night drunken eating but not ideal for early evening sober consumption. The main attraction is the Insomnia dance/trance club which is connected through a doorway and you can get free entry if you eat in V8.

But I prefer Sunrise Tacos next door .... great quesadila and good price for beer (80 THB for San Miguel) and free Nachos.

Instead of offering a vague and unsupported negative comment, could you at least be a little specific about why you find the place disappointing so others will know your view?

Food was terrible...don't know what else to say.

Your restaurant reviewing skills obviously are terrible... don't know what else to say....

I don't have to explain myself or give any examples of why that's the case... I just said it...so it must be true.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I'm not purporting to give full reviews, just saying whether I thought it was good or not.

I'm sorry if it's not good enough for you; do I owe you something?

And are you by chance related to these awful places?

No relation, except having eaten at both as a customer.... They're not my favorite places, but they're hardly as bad as you make out...

You don't owe me anything... But when you offer such vague and unsupported claims, your comments deserve to be treated as such.

Feel free to treat my opinions however you wish. Discard them outright if you want.

Whether I describe how sucky they were in 10 words or 1,000 -- they are still equally sucky.

PS: maybe you'll want to know what similar places I DO like? La Monita and Que Pasa for Mexican, Duke's and The Garage for American comfort food. Equally short "reviews"...sorry.