American Football

ChuckZ

Week 10 local TV schedule:

13/11/2006

UBC SuperSport(35)

01:00 National Football League 2006 019: BALTIMORE @ TENNESSEE (13-NOV-2006)

04:15 National Football League 2006 020: ST. LOUIS @ SEATTLE (13-NOV-2006)

13/11/2006

ESPN(39)

08:00 Nfl Football (i) : Chicago Bears Vs. New York Giants NFL FOOTBALL (I) : CHICAGO BEARS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS

14/11/2006

ESPN(39)

08:30 NFL FOOTBALL : TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS

Bears/Giants game seems worthy of viewing? Maybe St. Louis/Seattle?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're looking at some blowouts here, but I've got a regional loyalty game to look forward to on Tuesday morning.

I'm from North Carolina, but I moved to Tampa in time to watch the new team lose 27 straight in those orange pants, and then I returned to North Carolina in time to watch the Panthers also start from scratch.

I used to say that if both teams were good at the same time, I'd have no idea who to cheer for. Well, it finally happened a few years ago, and I'm Carolina through and through. I think I'll be walking in and out of the room with the TV and watching the Panthers whip up on some Bucs.

Anybody keep up with http://www.profootballtalk.com at all? In particular, the way they skewer the MNF broadcast in their Live Blog. Man, sometimes that's the only reason to watch the game. Unless it's Seattle and Oakland. He couldn't even finish watching that one.

Michael

P.S. What's a Buccaneer? Too much to pay for corn. Groan...

P.P.S. We had a movement going in Tampa to change the team's name to the Nads. That way, during the games, we could shout "Go Nads! Go Nads! Go Nads!"

How about dem Cowboys?

OK, it was the Cardinals, and we have the Colts next week, but we are only one game behind the Giants and they are crippled with injuries. Philadelphia is also in it. This division is still wide open.

Owens still need to go visit Jack Tatum and get some StickUm!!

Romo is looking great.

Losing Ellis is gonna hurt.

How about dem Cowboys?

OK, it was the Cardinals, and we have the Colts next week, but we are only one game behind the Giants and they are crippled with injuries. Philadelphia is also in it. This division is still wide open.

Owens still need to go visit Jack Tatum and get some StickUm!!

Romo is looking great.

Losing Ellis is gonna hurt.

Agree on Ellis (and Owens). At least we have a chance to make the playoffs, which was not going to happen of the QB switch wasn't made.

Why did they draft Fausano when they have Witten?

Indy seems to be comparable to Ohio State – they both have fairly weak run defenses but typically get out to an early lead and then the opponents revert to the pass to catch up. Which plays into the strong side of their defense.

The Texas – Ohio State game would have been a lot closer game had Texas not went away from the run so early in that game. I don’t understand why the Pats seemed to go away from the run so quickly in the Indy game either – they were not really out of it until quite late in the game. And the Pats rookie back packs quite a punch.

Jim Tressel coached teams always seem to have weak run defences, early in the game. Jim likes to keep his defence, in sort of a prevent sort of mode, in the first quarter, so not to burn a lot of energy. He saves thier energy for the last 3 quarters! and it has worked for him, for the best part of 20 years.

As a fan, and season ticket holder, for his YSU national championship teams, for years, I will say that I was always dissapointed in thier first quarter play, until, one day I realized, that the weak looking first quarter defence, was by design!

Yeah if you want to play run against Ohio State, you need to do it first quarter< as that is the only time to be successful at it!

Any where in Bangkok, to see Ohio State, Michigan game this weekend?

Ray

This week's local TV schedule:

20/11/2006

UBC SuperSport(35)

Start Time Program Title

01:00 National Football League 2006 021: CINCINNATI @ NEW ORLEANS (20-NOV-2006)

04:15 National Football League 2006 022: INDIANAPOLIS @ DALLAS (20-NOV-2006)

20/11/2006

ESPN(39)

08:00 NFL FOOTBALL (I) : SAN DIEGO CHARGERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS

21/11/2006

ESPN(39)

08:30 Nfl Football : NFL FOOTBALL : NEW YORK GIANTS VS. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Why did they draft Fausano when they have Witten?

So he could make that catch for a first down and help the Boys beat the Colts! :o

It was a good catch and I have no problem with Fausano. I just think they have bigger needs than a position that already has one of the best in the business with Witten.

I won't be able to see the game against TB, but if they win it, they move ahead of the Giants. I never thought I would be saying that just two weeks ago.

Go Pokes.

Dick Thornton reports on the NFL for the Bangkok Post. I find this mildly interesting because, a couple of decades ago, I read his NFL reports in the Tampa Tribune down in Florida. Back when reporters had to pretend nobody gambled. Even though Jimmy the Greek was still popular.

Anyway, he says that UBC has a tendency to forget the holiday games, but that he still hopes to wake up Friday at 8 and hear a game. Me too. It's the only game of the three worth watching, I'd bet.

I quit trusting the newspaper listings, the UBC website listings, or what the menu on the TV itself says long ago. Pop in at the usual times and see what you find.

If UBC shows either of the first two games, probably they'll be on 35 (UBC Sport something). The night game, if shown, will probably be on 39 (ESPN). Maybe some tape delayed versions of the first two on 35? Maybe the Turkey Day Tiddlywinks Tournament, who knows?

Michael

Pyrrhic victory for New England. Seau's probably done, lots of other guys injured. Man Chicago is tough!, thank God they have a mediocre offense. Pats just have to make it to the playoffs with a minimum of injuries.

Edited by calibanjr.

Begining with week 13 (this week) there will be regularly scheduled Thursday night games. Right now these games do not show up on the UBC schedule. Saturday games show up Dec. 16.

This week's local TV schedule:

04/12/2006

UBC SuperSport(35)

Channel Day

Start Time Program Title

01:00 National Football League 2006 025: SAN DIEGO @ BUFFALO (04-DEC-2006)

04:15 National Football League 2006 026: DALLAS @ NEW YORK GIANTS (04-DEC-2006)

04/12/2006

ESPN(39)

Channel Day

Start Time Program Title

08:00 Nfl Football (i) NFL FOOTBALL (I) : SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. DENVER BRONCOS

05/12/2006

ESPN(39)

Channel Day

Start Time Program Title

08:30 Nfl Football : Carolina Panthers Vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Edited by lomatopo

OK, so how good are my Cowboys? My view is they will get into the playoffs, but Parcells, who knows much more football than I do, is starting to think deep into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, they're better than my Panthers. Especially since they kicked that idiot kicker to the curb. Did you see Parcells' face when Grammatica nailed it? I was happy for the Tuna and I happen to hate his guts. Like every sock puppet, I say the NFC's up for grabs, so why not Dallas? Anyone who didn't lose to Detroit or Arizona or Oakland or San Francisco has a shot. Well, anyone except Washington.

(I only said that last part so TokyoT would spew coffee on his computer. I'm really a Skins fan.)

OK, so how good are my Cowboys? My view is they will get into the playoffs, but Parcells, who knows much more football than I do, is starting to think deep into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, they're better than my Panthers. Especially since they kicked that idiot kicker to the curb. Did you see Parcells' face when Grammatica nailed it? I was happy for the Tuna and I happen to hate his guts. Like every sock puppet, I say the NFC's up for grabs, so why not Dallas? Anyone who didn't lose to Detroit or Arizona or Oakland or San Francisco has a shot. Well, anyone except Washington.

(I only said that last part so TokyoT would spew coffee on his computer. I'm really a Skins fan.)

I hope you are right. We will have a lot more info on how good the Pokes are after Sunday's game. The Saints are also 8-4, Brees is his old self and Reggie Bush has figured out the NFL fast. The Giants game was the first time Romo played against a tough team that he was supposed to win (the Cowboys were favorites). He did not have a good game, but they won so all is forgotten.

I think Romo is for real, but don't know if he can pull a Delhomme and lead them to the SB.

I think Romo is for real, but don't know if he can pull a Delhomme and lead them to the SB.

I may have told this story. I moved to China in 1999. The first NFL game they showed since 1987 was Delhomme in the Super Bowl. All commentary in Chinese, so I turned off the sound and got very good at lip-reading. After a come-from-behind long bomb to Muhsin Muhammed, Delhomme yelled, "Moose you know you're my m*therf***er!" I wasn't the only one watching Jerry McGuire before the game...

I was speechless after watching N.O. route the Cowboys. Payton had his players ready, but the Cowboys had "give up" written all over their faces by the second quarter. Payton exposed every weakness the Cowboys have (and there are many). It looked like me and 10 other guys could have scored against the Cowboys. Make that 9 other guys.

So far this season, the Cowboys have not lost two in a row. They still have a one game lead and have games left against Atlanta (away), and Philadelphia and Detroit at home. That is two football games and Detroit.

When T.O. scored that freak TD, he tossed the ball away and scowled. Expect T.O. to start publicly blasting Romo soon. It is his nature.

When T.O. scored that freak TD, he tossed the ball away and scowled. Expect T.O. to start publicly blasting Romo soon. It is his nature.

Will he go for the obvious rhyme? I mean, he did say that about Garcia, after all.

I watched until I saw the Saints hit them with the spirit-breaking kill shot. Then I ran some errands and got back home in time to see T.O.'s fluke TD. I fell in love with the Saints in 1977, when they became the first team to lose to my then-hometown Bucs.

Didja see Ravens/Chiefs? I watched it in the evening, commercial free and scrunched to 2 hours. Neither team gave up. That was a classic.

Next on the Channel 35 delayed broadcast, Chargers/Broncos. I knew the end result already, so I just waited for that kill shot. The Broncos, like the Cowboys, just gave up.

I see somebody give up every week. And if it's Monday Night Football, it's usually me who gives up. You mean ESPN couldn't find a single competent broadcaster? What, nobody here at Thai Visa Forum was available? Howard Cossell's corpse was busy? Thaksin's English not up to par?

Meanwhile, my home team plays like a bunch of Weinkes. Put a fork in us because we are done. Nobody who's ever lost to the Giants has gone on to win the Super Bowl that year. But on the other hand, we did rip a spleen out of my secondary home team. Put it in the trophy case instead of a Lombardi.

Michael

Edited by CalicoConsulting

Didja see Ravens/Chiefs? I watched it in the evening, commercial free and scrunched to 2 hours. Neither team gave up. That was a classic.

You mean ESPN couldn't find a single competent broadcaster?

I missed the Ravens/Chiefs game. Actually, I started watching it live and then fell asleep during one of the many time outs. From what I saw, I thought the Chiefs would win. I will catch it on one of their repeats.

Several years ago (OK, many years ago) I was joking with Joe Sr. about how the Cowboys were going to kill the Redskins, and then later that day watched the Cowboys shatter Joe Jr.'s leg. Since that day, I never say anything bad about Joe Jr. Still, MNF really does need someone like John Madden.

• 2 weeks later...
In Thailand, UBC will be carrying the Eagle - Cowboys and Jets - Fins games on Tuesday morning (Cowboys are a 5AM start, local time).

Hard to get up at 5am on a cold chiang rai morning - to watch a disappointing game. Romo's 2nd int came when he was leaning way back off balance.

In Thailand, UBC will be carrying the Eagle - Cowboys and Jets - Fins games on Tuesday morning (Cowboys are a 5AM start, local time).

Hard to get up at 5am on a cold chiang rai morning - to watch a disappointing game. Romo's 2nd int came when he was leaning way back off balance.

What upset me most about that throw (other than it was an interception) was that Owens never closed to the ball. It wasn't like it was a 10 yard pass and there was no time to adjust his route. It was well over 50 yards in the air and Owens never adjusted the one yard needed to try and make a play (at least knock it down). He just watched the interception like someone sitting in the stands.

Owens leads the NFL in dropped passes. He had two more drops yesterday, including that 40 + yard pass that even I could have caught. I read where his excuse on that one was that he was interfered with and once he adjusted to look for the ball, the ball was going through his hands. Then, he has the audacity to publicly attack the Cowboys coaching staff for not throwing to him more often. John Madden said it yesterday. Owens will not play next year in a Cowboys uniform.

As it relates to Romo, at least he had Carrie Underwood to console him after the game.

Could O.T. get along with any coach or quaterback?. Be good to see him play at his best

Sadly, we are seeing Owens play at his best. He can get open and he has the ability to outrun any defender to the end zone, but he has always dropped passes and always blamed his team's QB and coaching staff for not getting him the ball more. Coincidentally, the first QB he publicly bashed was Garcia when they both played for the 49ers. I am sure Garcia really enjoyed watching Owens drop passes during that game.