Firefan

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Orange juice anyone?

But I think there must be more to that story because it is rare an underage farang is arrested for drinking. I've been out drinking with my Dad and brother millions of times in Pattaya and I've never once been not served or had any problems. Even places like xcyte disco have never bothered asking my age, they have been more worried about my Dad's wife than me.

And besides I've been drinking in England underage and some of the clubs I went to the doormen knew me and that I was 17 but let me in anyway, even the DJ's knew I was 17 and brought me and my friends drinks all the time. I'm even pictured on their flyers!

But I guess it is better safe than sorry in Thailand.

Orange juice anyone?

But I think there must be more to that story because it is rare an underage farang is arrested for drinking. I've been out drinking with my Dad and brother millions of times in Pattaya and I've never once been not served or had any problems. Even places like xcyte disco have never bothered asking my age, they have been more worried about my Dad's wife than me.

And besides I've been drinking in England underage and some of the clubs I went to the doormen knew me and that I was 17 but let me in anyway, even the DJ's knew I was 17 and brought me and my friends drinks all the time. I'm even pictured on their flyers!

But I guess it is better safe than sorry in Thailand.

SHUSH !!! :o

My father would probably give me a pat on the back after all it was my Dad that got me into drinking

And I know for a fact most bars I drink in know I'm 17 but they still serve me.

so drink away and don't worry I'll drink else where.

I had my 15th birthday party in a bar in Thailand.
I've been out drinking with my Dad and brother millions of times in Pattaya and I've never once been not served or had any problems.

And besides I've been drinking in England underage and some of the clubs I went to the doormen knew me and that I was 17 but let me in anyway, even the DJ's knew I was 17 and brought me and my friends drinks all the time.

Not to be a over-the-top judgemental as Kringle was.... and realize it's probably out-of-place on a "piss-up" thread, but there certainly is the potential for a problem in these statements, Ice Maiden.

Don't get me wrong, you've impressed me as an intelligent young woman, and I would never presume to tell someone how to live, but these remarks should be setting off alarms of concern...

I'm particularly concerned in your father's role in all of this.

Irregardless, I wish you the best... :o

I don't mean to harm... only to point out what I see as something quite potentially harmful for you.

Edited by sriracha john

C'mon guys - don't tell me none of you never indulged in underage drinking??? I bet all of you who have posted on this thread hav ebeen to a bar before the legal age.

Or is it because she is a girl.....

...a few years ago you would be right, however the times are changing as we all know, therefore its crazy to encourage any such action these days. Chris & John are right to voice their views.

According to research by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, adolescents who begin drinking before age 15 are four times more likely to develop alcohol dependence than those who begin drinking at age 21.

It has been estimated that over three million teenagers are out-and-out alcoholics. Several million more have a serious drinking problem that they cannot manage on their own.

Parents' drinking behavior and favorable attitudes about drinking have been positively associated with adolescents' initiating and continuing drinking. Children who were warned about alcohol by their parents and children who reported being closer to their parents were less likely to start drinking.

Several studies released this year suggest teen drinking may cause more neurological damage than was previously thought. Contrary to the notion that the brain is fully developed by age 16 or 17, the new studies have found that significant development happens until the age of 21 and heavy drinking by teen-agers may inhibit that development.

Adolescent alcohol abuse and dependence may prove to be more damaging than alcoholism in adulthood by killing brain cells in the hippocampus, blocking brain receptors that form memories and causing protracted neurological impairments, the researchers say.

In the 15-24 year age range, 50% of deaths from the 3 leading causes in that age group (accidents, homicides, suicides) involve alcohol or drug abuse.

------------------------------------------------------------

It's called "concern", Blake7, which eminates from "caring." Try it out sometime.

:o

It's called "concern", Blake7, which eminates from "caring." Try it out sometime.

And we are all well aware that the Thai government and Police do read ThaiVisa... if it were known that an under-age person was planning on attending the pissup, there would probably be a visit from the boys in brown.

And that would not be in either ThaiVisa's nor Ice Maiden's best intrerests.

And we are all well aware that the Thai government and Police do read ThaiVisa... if it were known that an under-age person was planning on attending the pissup, there would probably be a visit from the boys in brown.

....or indeed the encouraging father.

Would you buy a used car from.......springs to mind, let alone real estate.

:D

I don't think there will be a police raid at a thaivisa pissup to catch one 17 yr old underage girl drinking. I can hardly see them calling out the SWAT team for this one. :o

Anyway, as everyone seems intent on having a go at her father and underage drinking I have to ask, did none of you drink when you was 17 yrs old? Did your parents know about it?

When and where?

I thought that Pat. There's been 4 pages of replies, going off at all sorts of Tangents but no body has actually answered those 2 points yet. And before anybody says "why don't you name the time and place then". I think it would be best left to the people living in LOS to arrange, with us frequent visitors attending if able to do so. I missed the last one by 2 days. Cheers

I've tried twice to have my comments removed from this thread as I was a bit ( maybe a lot) over the top with my response to ice. I was mostly saying that the GIRL cannot attend the function as it would put too many people in the position of getting into trouble. Yes, we have all probably done underage drinking in our past but to say that we had or have our parents concent, I would think would be a total lie. I apologise to ice maiden for saying anything about her life and how she was raised. I will not apologise for expressing my concern over the other members that take this as being an OK thing for her to do and think the girl (Ice Maiden) needs to go back to just being the girl she really is and not try to play adult. If any of you cannot understand this then so be it.

I guess my heavy handedness comes from having a daughter of my own and cringe at the thought that other parents don't take more responsibility and concern on what their children do.

I have cleaned up this topic & removed some posts, pls keep civilised & remember that being *chang powered* isn't indicitive to being the best poster:D

I understand Kringles posts but ultimatley, IM is a young girl in thailand & if her own parents are a ok with her drinking then no one can stop her :o

I apologised for what I said to Ice and asked for my response to be pulled but it has not been done yet. I won't stand for ANYTHING to be said about my daughter in ANY kind of bad way.

Kringle, I have edited this as threateneing posters is against the rules but I understand you are upset. Consider giving this topic a break for now as there has been nothing negative written about your child, just a harmless off hand comment.

Edited by Boo

And I don't mind talking to you either. I know who he is with his other name  on this forum and have met the sh1t. I guarentee it wil;l be a different conversation the next time.

I apologised for what I said to Ice and asked for my response to be pulled but it has not been done yet. I won't stand for ANYTHING to be said about my daughter in ANY kind of bad way.

Kringle, nothing bad was said about your daughter at all, by anyone. You either read it wrong, or are very drunk. I suggest you sleep it off.