The Next Tv Piss-up Party

Firefan

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As October seems a little far away, although I can attend that piss-up also. Anyone fancy a piss-up in Sept (say 16 or 17th) in Bangkok, any venue will do. Would just be nice to meet up and sink some booze again...... should be a monthly thing.

TAF

Yes, mid September is good for me.

Can we try and agree on the 17th (sat)? what venues do we suggest, Im up for some fun in and around sukumvit, but anywhere would be fine.

I may be the young age of 17 but I still believe I deserve a certain amount of "respect" if you like because I don't appriciate it when I'm treated like a dumb little teenager. I know I am only a minor but I take responsibility for my own actions and the consequences. I also believe that I have much to learn about this world but I have learnt more than the average teenager. For starters I've lived alone for a year.

I will not lie. I have had a little drinking problem when I went through that stage in my life but I guess that way my own little way of coping for the first month or so with being thrown out on the streets and seeing your own mother not want anything to do with you because of your step-dad. But I don't say because I had a few drinks at 15 that caused me to turn to alcohol.

And as for alcohol and the effects of the brain. I believe that is long-term drinking. I don't drink every day or even every weekend so it carn't have any effect on my brain. And just so you know I had my liver checked and it is fine.

I DO respect you, IM. That is why I've written in the manner I did in other posts directed to you.

I DO wish to clarify some of the things you've written now and one of those is that by the very nature of you being a minor, others can be held responsible and face the subsequent consequences for some of things you may chose to do or not do. That's just the nature of the law whether you or anyone else agrees with it.

I don't think that TV community is ready to flagrantly violate the law or even condone discussions of same, which is why threads, like the "max out credit card and leave for Thailand", get closed. It would be the same for a thread advocating illegal visa stamping or one selling ya-ba. TV wisely choses not to jepordize it's existence by not allowing discussion of those types of illegal situations... and agree or not, if you drink in a bar, it's illegal.

I am entirely empathetic to the difficulties you have faced in the past and you are to be commended for struggling through them and surviving. It shows a great deal of maturity.

I would encourage to read up further on alcohol and it's effect on the human brain, particularly among teenagers. It does not require long-term drinking in order to suffer it's ill effects. Having a "fine liver" is wonderful, but that is to be expected as it indeed can take years and years of punishment. The brain, however, is a different story altogether.

By your own admission, alcohol has been a problem for you before... and your words cause me to be concerned about your future well-being. The stress that you faced before and dealt with in that manner will not be the last time you encounter difficulties in life. To say you don't drink every day or even week-end shows me that you have more to learn about the nature of alcohol and it's abuse as they are in no way clear-cut indicators of being free from problems with alcohol.

What you ultimately decide to do is entirely up to you. I just hope you make as an informed decision as possible about it.

I wish you all the best and I hope you take this post in the concerned and caring manner in which it was composed.

:o

I may be the young age of 17 but I still believe I deserve a certain amount of "respect" if you like because I don't appriciate it when I'm treated like a dumb little teenager.

Ahem, IM - although I still think you have a good head on your shoulders - respect is something people will give you when they think you deserve it - not when you think so.... :D

As for your past - I am certain that has given you maturity beyond your years, but life is one big learning experience, and you never graduate..... As Socrates once was said to have uttered: "I am the wisest of men, as I am the only one who realises how little I know..." (or something to that effect).

Or to continue with quotes - and this is the one I always remind myself of when I am facing difficult times "Through life's school of war: that which does not kill you only serves to make you stronger."

Keep up your postings - it is interesting to read your perspective on things, even if I don't always agree with you. AndI look forward to have a beer with you at a TV party - just not yet! :o

I may be the young age of 17 but I still believe I deserve a certain amount of "respect" if you like because I don't appriciate it when I'm treated like a dumb little teenager. I know I am only a minor but I take responsibility for my own actions and the consequences. I also believe that I have much to learn about this world but I have learnt more than the average teenager. For starters I've lived alone for a year.

I will not lie. I have had a little drinking problem when I went through that stage in my life but I guess that way my own little way of coping for the first month or so with being thrown out on the streets and seeing your own mother not want anything to do with you because of your step-dad. But I don't say because I had a few drinks at 15 that caused me to turn to alcohol.

And as for alcohol and the effects of the brain. I believe that is long-term drinking. I don't drink every day or even every weekend so it carn't have any effect on my brain. And just so you know I had my liver checked and it is fine.

I DO respect you, IM. That is why I've written in the manner I did in other posts directed to you.

I DO wish to clarify some of the things you've written now and one of those is that by the very nature of you being a minor, others can be held responsible and face the subsequent consequences for some of things you may chose to do or not do. That's just the nature of the law whether you or anyone else agrees with it.

I don't think that TV community is ready to flagrantly violate the law or even condone discussions of same, which is why threads, like the "max out credit card and leave for Thailand", get closed. It would be the same for a thread advocating illegal visa stamping or one selling ya-ba. TV wisely choses not to jepordize it's existence by not allowing discussion of those types of illegal situations... and agree or not, if you drink in a bar, it's illegal.

I am entirely empathetic to the difficulties you have faced in the past and you are to be commended for struggling through them and surviving. It shows a great deal of maturity.

I would encourage to read up further on alcohol and it's effect on the human brain, particularly among teenagers. It does not require long-term drinking in order to suffer it's ill effects. Having a "fine liver" is wonderful, but that is to be expected as it indeed can take years and years of punishment. The brain, however, is a different story altogether.

By your own admission, alcohol has been a problem for you before... and your words cause me to be concerned about your future well-being. The stress that you faced before and dealt with in that manner will not be the last time you encounter difficulties in life. To say you don't drink every day or even week-end shows me that you have more to learn about the nature of alcohol and it's abuse as they are in no way clear-cut indicators of being free from problems with alcohol.

What you ultimately decide to do is entirely up to you. I just hope you make as an informed decision as possible about it.

I wish you all the best and I hope you take this post in the concerned and caring manner in which it was composed.

I accept that SJ and I know this post and the rest of your posts to me were written in concern. I know I have many difficulties to come in the future but I have learned not to use alcohol as a way of coping with stress the hard way. Thats the same for drugs. I don't want sympathy but I have been through alot of hard, stressful experiences that I have found so hard to cope with like a family member attempting to commit suicide in front of me as a child or the time my Mum admitted she was having an affair and introducing him to me when I was just 11. I believe these experiences have made me a stronger person and learnt me about the effects of alcohol and drug abuse the harder ways. But I can say quite confidently I won't go back down that path again.

Can we get back onto the venue debate for our night of booze?

Subtle as a sledge hammer TAF. :o

Lets forget about my boring life and get back to the TV party anyhoo. It's not like I've cracked up yet, I'm fine and I won't mention underage drinking again and I won't turn up at a TV party and ruin it with the police gatecrashing it.

Lets forget about my boring life and get back to the TV party anyhoo. It's not like I've cracked up yet, I'm fine and I won't mention underage drinking again and I won't turn up at a TV party and ruin it with the police gatecrashing it.

WOW IM, I did not mean to offend you with my comment or anybody for that matter.....its just that some of us want to arrange a piss-up....whether you are they there or not it does not matter to me, it's your life and live it how you see fit, judging by some other comments on the thread people do seem concerned about you.

So is the 17th Sept a date for all.............. Venue?????

:D

TAF

WOW IM, I did not mean to offend you with my comment or anybody for that matter.....its just that some of us want to arrange a piss-up....whether you are they there or not it does not matter to me, it's your life and live it how you see fit, judging by some other comments on the thread people do seem concerned about you.

TAF

I didn't mean for it to be taken that way. I meant for it to be taken how I put it minus offending you or being sarcastic. Maybe I should of added a lol?

Edited by Ice Maiden

TAF

I didn't mean for it to be taken that way. I meant for it to be taken how I put it minus offending you or being sarcastic. Maybe I should of added a lol?

Your forgiven

TAF

God. Its like a soap opera here. :o

PISSUP or not?

September or October? I vouch for September as i'm too busy with too many pissups in October(i'm getting married) People flying in from OZ, NZ, Uk, Canada. Gonna be very messy for a month. So maybe i should get some more training in. I vote September. The date 17th sounds ok.

Venue? Dont live in Sukumvit, so i'll leave that up to the people who do.

Now we are back on topic. NO MORE soapies! OK? :D:D

Lets get the September one off the ground first. So 16th was it? Mr bahtandsold seems to favour Larry's (I remember his delight at the "dentist's chair at Scamps leaving do).

Agreed it is quiet but also means we can "take it over" so to speak.

PISSUP or not?

September or October? I vouch for September as i'm too busy with too many pissups in October(i'm getting married) People flying in from OZ, NZ, Uk, Canada. Gonna be very messy for a month. So maybe i should get some more training in. I vote September. The date 17th sounds ok.

Venue? Dont live in Sukumvit, so i'll leave that up to the people who do.

Now we are back on topic. NO MORE soapies! OK? :D  :D

September 17th is fine for me Jockstar.

We can have a proper chat this time. :D

As for venue, when is Kreon going to step in and organise things in his unique fashion..... :D

If not what about Sin (again) or Gullivers Soi 5.

Just suggestions....... :D

I like a quiet place better though as that means we can have a proper conversation without yelling at people.

If there was some noise, it shouldn't be louder than Lee Shamrock's. :o

Edited by LovelyCutie

I like a quiet place better though as that means we can have a proper conversation without yelling at people.

If there was some noise, it shouldn't be louder than Lee Shamrock's.  :D

Don't know Lee Shamrock's, but I am happier with a quieter venue too. :D .

Hopefully we can agree on the date and venue soon....... :D

Then we can go :o again!

Yes Brit the Girl Band at Titanium were very........... :D:D

PISSUP or not?

I vote soap opera at he pissup - that was getting top be quite a laugh! :D

However, I dare not bring up the name of the most entertaining poster as it may all go off again...

She was just seventeen,

Do you know what I mean,

And the way she looked

was way beyond compare...

I'll second that... :D

Pick a date... any date... I'm just down the road in Pattaya so if there's nothing work-wise that will intefere, I'll be there.

PISSUP or not?

However, I dare not bring up the name of the most entertaining poster as it may all go off again...

She was just seventeen,

Do you know what I mean,

And the way she looked

was way beyond compare...

Hey Ice Maiden... don't worry about it OK?

I apologise for being the one to bring up the underrage drinking and police issue... but if you come incognito... with a fake ID... maybe a wig and some dark glasses... fake tan... I'm sure the police will turn a blind eye.... :o

Actually, I'd like to meet you too... I'm sure you could hold your own in a conversation. :D

Hey Ice Maiden... don't worry about it OK?

I apologise for being the one to bring up the underrage drinking and police issue... but if you come incognito... with a fake ID... maybe a wig and some dark glasses... fake tan... I'm sure the police will turn a blind eye....  :o

Actually, I'd like to meet you too... I'm sure you could hold your own in a conversation.  :D

Lol. Never mind, no hard feelings. Fake tan no can do though unless I want to look like I've been painted orange :D .

I'm sure I can :D. I actually get on with people more older and mature. Most of my Dad's friends are my friends. I just don't really like mixing with people my age group. I find it more intresting sitting and hearing an older persons perspective on things.

And I didn't mean to be entertaining...