Trip To Amsterdam

bartender100

I'm still in Thailand today,instead of sipping a coffee on the Damrak,I got caught up in a Malaysian job scam.

Monday I got offered a job in Malaysia starting 20th Sept, It all looked very genuine,and was what I was looking for,I got very excited,canceled my flight and accommodation in Amsterdam and yesterday did a visa run to Cambodia to get just 30 days to cover me till the 20th,so did not get back till about 2pm.

Thats when I realized it was a scam,they sent me am email and wanted $750 to complete my work permit,a check with the Malaysian embassy confirmed it.

Very annoyed to get conned like this. :o

Oh well, suppposed I would have spent a fortune in Amsterdam anyway.

Sorry to hear that BT roi nung(100)..

Unfortunately these baskets are all over the place but at least you spotted it.

So many guys over here a few years ago (when things were the "PiTS")got caught up in rip-offs in as it happened in mostly Germany and Holland..."Off widerszane luv "situations...Dodgy agents,non existent jobs and even if there were contracts going spare ...dog kennel type accomodation and you had to whistle for your dosh.

Now all the work is "ere" and so with that and following on .. I will hopefully raise my freshly brewed Damrak coffee to you around 11-00 am this Friday morning and wish you well.(staying 2 mins from Central Station)...assuming British Midlands dont get their knickers in a twist like B.A. and their sandwich barrow boys... :o prost or wotever...

Cheers Rinrada,and have a great weekend.

I'm only postponed for a month I think,I was using my air miles to go for the Amsterdam trip,and all the cancellation cost me 24 hours before the flight, was 40 euro's,and I get my miles back in two weeks.

Good old KLM/AirFrance.