World Cup 2018.....Who Wins The Prize?

NADTATIDA1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I must admit, that was an absolute fantastic bid by all who presented. Prince William showed real passion, Cameron was excellent and flawless and Beckham really impressed me.

They showed a film with 4 current managers who are supporting England's bid. Wenger, Mancini, Redknapp and....wait for it.....wait for it.........SAF :lol: A Scott taking time out to support OUR bid.

The violence at Birmingham v Aston Villa last night will tip the vote to Spain/Portugal. Which is a real shame as England infrastruture is better.

What absolute rubbish..

If you think that, why are Russia even being entertained ??

& why are Spain being entertained with things like this happening over the past few Years, which you haven't seen at English Grounds in two decades or more ??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4751876.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4024167.stm

However, there's no way them Brummies will get away with that sh*t when we are there in Januray, i know that...:D

I hope England gets the nod from FIFA. It will make it so much easier for Germany to win another World Cup so close to home. Poor Germany must be getting sick and tired of only managing second and third places since winning the trophy in 1990. Germany and Brazil have always been the most exciting teams as far as I am concerned. These two teams are a far cry from boring Italy and cheating Argentina. By the way, I am Australian :)

The violence at Birmingham v Aston Villa last night will tip the vote to Spain/Portugal. Which is a real shame as England infrastruture is better.

What absolute rubbish..

If you think that, why are Russia even being entertained ??

& why are Spain being entertained with things like this happening over the past few Years, which you haven't seen at English Grounds in two decades or more ??

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/4751876.stm

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/4024167.stm

However, there's no way them Brummies will get away with that sh*t when we are there in Januray, i know that...:D

I hope England gets the nod from FIFA. It will make it so much easier for Germany to win another World Cup so close to home. Poor Germany must be getting sick and tired of only managing second and third places since winning the trophy in 1990. Germany and Brazil have always been the most exciting teams as far as I am concerned. These two teams are a far cry from boring Italy and cheating Argentina. By the way, I am Australian :)

How's the Cricket getting on ??

please tell me nobody is surprised.

qatar in 22 is all about mohammed bin hammam not challenging blatter for the presidency. pure politics. air conditioned stadiums, 50 degree heat outside and you won't even be able to have a cold beer to cool down. that'll be fun.

Qatar, an absolute monarchy of only about 1.7 million people covering about 11000 sq kms. The country has very little water and the temperatures during the World Cup will likely be in the forties.

Their football side has never reached the finals (this is one way of getting there!) and is ranked about 108.

On the plus side they have some of the richest oil and gas deposits in the world and close to the highest GDP per capita in the world, they are an arabic country.

Not hard to work out how they won 2022.

please tell me nobody is surprised.

qatar in 22 is all about mohammed bin hammam not challenging blatter for the presidency. pure politics. air conditioned stadiums, 50 degree heat outside and you won't even be able to have a cold beer to cool down. that'll be fun.

No no, Fifa summed up today completely, in 10 mins..

Long Live Panorama..

How many did Spain/Portugal get?

Don't know yet. But even though ours was (by FIFA's own admission) the best Technical and Commercial bid, so how on earth can we have come 4th out of 4. What effin criteria is needed to win.

National TV not exposing them as a corrupt bunch of <deleted> might be a criteria. A few Rubles and Riyals would likely be seen as a positive factor also.

Just in.

First round votes:-

England 2

Holland / Belgium 4

Spain/Portugal 7

Russia 8 (i think)

What an absolute joke. If the criteria isn't the best bid FIFA should tell what the criteria is so that6 countries don't waste time, effort, money and most of all....hope.