Pimp My Ride

rics21

The aluminum "photographers" case is a clear indication it's a mid-range Taiwanese kit, price also confirms. Nothing wrong with that though - sounds the same as the kit I'm using - go for it :)

Have already paid a deposit of 2000bt so hope your right, anyway 5600bt not the end of the world. But you know what I mean about the case, Smart A. might just give it to the wife as a hand bag save on a Chrissy pressy. There another happy punter this time me. Thank Buddha for TV.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take a snap but tried before and dont seem to be able to load it on TV. If anyone want's to see the set up including box I'll can send but have to have email address. Unless someone can tell me how to post on TV. New to the game and a bit of a doze. Anyway will take snap's just in case.

There's 2 ways to upload a photo to TV - one is to use the board editing controls, but they result in tiny little thumbnails so I don't normally use them.. The other way is to use an image hosting website. Here's what I do:

1. Navigate to imageshack.us
  2. Click the "Browse" button and locate the image on your PC or memory stick.
  3. Click "Upload Options/ Resizing" and select the "800x600 (15-inch montor)" option.
  4. Click the "Upload Now" button.
  5. On the next page, click your mouse in the :"Forum Code" text box (this copies the code to your clipboard) *
  6. Paste the code into your post (right-click and select "Paste", or press CTRL+V on your keyboard).

* Your browser security settings may not allow auto-copy to the clipboard, if this is the case right-click and select "copy" or press CTRL+C on your keyboard.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Back to the OP: Here's some other styling options for pimping out your PJS (performance and handling is another huge list):

• Body kits: options here include the Mitsubishi OEM kit, and a few different 3rd part kits. Options include skirts, spoliers, side cladding/bump protectors, side step covers, carbon fiber hoods, and front and rear garnishes.
  • Weather Shields: a few different styles available
  • Front bug protectors: at least two different styles available.
  • Wing Mirrors: 2 different types of LED covers are available, both in chrome or painted finishes.
  • Wing Mirror Glass: replacement blue glass with animated turn signal LED's are available.
  • Wing Mirror Automation: Aftermarket module that auto closes your wing mirrors when locking the car, with various options for when they open is available.
  • Central Locking mods: Aftermarket modules available that change the unlocking behavior (e.g. one press opens driver's door, 2nd press unlocks the rest).
  • Light garnishes: Chrome and painted trims are available for the headlights and taillights.
  • Turn light garnishes: various style of chrome trim rings available to go around the front fender lights.
  • LED Taillights: 4 different styles available
  • Fitted interior mats: various different colors/styles available in fully fitted (i.e, 100% coverage) mat sets available.
  • Steering Wheel Remote: combination of Lancer EX switches on the left side of the wheel with an aftermarket controller allows volume, track, folder/disc and audio mode control from the steering wheel.
  • iPod/USB integration: Alpine adaptors (and copies of) available to add these two features to the OEM stereo.
  • RV Meter: the RV meter from the lesser GLS model (compass, yaw, pitch etc) can be added to the GT model (requires custom fabrication).
  • Door sill trims: at least 3 different styles of door sill trims are available.
  • Other Chrome Bits: fuel lid covers, license plate covers, door handle inserts and covers, rear tailgate sills, fog light trim rings, radiator covers, oil caps etc.
  • Hood Dampers: Gas tube hood damper upgrade available (i.e, same things that hold up the tailgate)
  • Front Grille: at least two different styles of replacement front grilles are available.
  • Badges: Replacement Mitsubishi logos available in red, diamond and LED backlit versions. Various Ralliart badges available.

and probably more that I'm forgetting right now :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I would take a snap but tried before and dont seem to be able to load it on TV. If anyone want's to see the set up including box I'll can send but have to have email address. Unless someone can tell me how to post on TV. New to the game and a bit of a doze. Anyway will take snap's just in case.

There's 2 ways to upload a photo to TV - one is to use the board editing controls, but they result in tiny little thumbnails so I don't normally use them.. The other way is to use an image hosting website. Here's what I do:

3. Click "Upload Options/ Resizing" and select the "800x600 (15-inch montor)" option.
  5. On the next page, click your mouse in the :"Forum Code" text box (this copies the code to your clipboard) *
  6. Paste the code into your post (right-click and select "Paste", or press CTRL+V on your keyboard).

* Your browser security settings may not allow auto-copy to the clipboard, if this is the case right-click and select "copy" or press CTRL+C on your keyboard.

What would I do without peep's like you. Thank's for help will give it a try when I get snap's.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/532/img136501.jpg

sorry i m new to this thing i m still not sure how to attach a photo here.
  • Body kits: options here include the Mitsubishi OEM kit, and a few different 3rd part kits. Options include skirts, spoliers, side cladding/bump protectors, side step covers, carbon fiber hoods, and front and rear garnishes. - how much will it cost?
  • Weather Shields: a few different styles available - DONE
  • Front bug protectors: at least two different styles available. - didnt really like the look.
  • Wing Mirrors: 2 different types of LED covers are available, both in chrome or painted finishes. - DONE
  • Wing Mirror Glass: replacement blue glass with animated turn signal LED's are available. - DONE
  • Wing Mirror Automation: Aftermarket module that auto closes your wing mirrors when locking the car, with various options for when they open is available. - will it affect the warranty?
  • Central Locking mods: Aftermarket modules available that change the unlocking behavior (e.g. one press opens driver's door, 2nd press unlocks the rest). - will it affect the warranty?
  • Light garnishes: Chrome and painted trims are available for the headlights and taillights. - ????
  • Turn light garnishes: various style of chrome trim rings available to go around the front fender lights. - ???
  • LED Taillights: 4 different styles available - will it affect the warranty? - - will it affect the warranty?
  • Fitted interior mats: various different colors/styles available in fully fitted (i.e, 100% coverage) mat sets available. - done
  • Steering Wheel Remote: combination of Lancer EX switches on the left side of the wheel with an aftermarket controller allows volume, track, folder/disc and audio mode control from the steering wheel. - seen MRO's previous post on this will get DIY this weekend.
  • iPod/USB integration: Alpine adaptors (and copies of) available to add these two features to the OEM stereo. - seen MRO's previous post on this will get DIY this weekend.
  • RV Meter: the RV meter from the lesser GLS model (compass, yaw, pitch etc) can be added to the GT model (requires custom fabrication).
  • Door sill trims: at least 3 different styles of door sill trims are available.
  • Other Chrome Bits: fuel lid covers, license plate covers, door handle inserts and covers, rear tailgate sills, fog light trim rings, radiator covers, oil caps etc. - -Done
  • Hood Dampers: Gas tube hood damper upgrade available (i.e, same things that hold up the tailgate) - will it cost a lot?
  • Front Grille: at least two different styles of replacement front grilles are available. - where can i get those?
  • Badges: Replacement Mitsubishi logos available in red, diamond and LED backlit versions. Various Ralliart badges available. - will it affect the warranty?

Edited by rics21

Answers:

• Body kits: ~6,000 for the OEM kit (4 corner skirts) and up to 30k baht for the kits that fully replace the front bumper, rear spoiler, and include side step covers.
  • Wing Mirror Automation: Will effect electric mirror warranty.
  • Central Locking mods: Well effect central locking warranty.
  • Light garnishes

post-80026-0-48716800-1291284008_thumb.gpost-80026-0-54263900-1291284016_thumb.g[

• Turn light garnishes:

post-80026-0-51659500-1291284077_thumb.j

• LED Taillights: will not effect warranty
  • Hood Dampers: ~1500 Baht
  • Front Grille: Khlong Thom Markets, R-Style, Nekketsu etc
  • Badges: Will not effect warranty

Personally, I don't like the overly-white beam of some HID's -- I tried them once in my car in the states and found it too "flourescent bulb" like, I prefer the warm yellow beams myself, which are available in HID, I just worry about the health of the wiring harness given the higher wattage required for the HIDs.

Can I ask -- are the reverse light LEDs as strong as the standards? I really rely on a good reverse light, although the LEDs look quite nice

Personally, I don't like the overly-white beam of some HID's -- I tried them once in my car in the states and found it too "flourescent bulb" like, I prefer the warm yellow beams myself, which are available in HID, I just worry about the health of the wiring harness given the higher wattage required for the HIDs.

Can I ask -- are the reverse light LEDs as strong as the standards? I really rely on a good reverse light, although the LEDs look quite nice

Even the highest power HID/Xenon lights use less power and run cooler than OEM halogens, so no problems with the wiring harness.. If you're really concerned, just use relays so the factory wiring is only switching ~100mA. As you note, color is variable - 4300k gives the most natural light, and most visible amount of light. The overly white/blue ones you're seeing are more than likely 6000 kelvin+ - as this is what most Asian's think looks the "coolest" ;) For reference, 3000 kelvin is almost pure yellow (good for fog), 4300k is the same color temperature as the sun, 5000k is equivalent to "daylight white" (like your typical fluorescent tube), and 6000k-30,000k is the blue > purple > pink spectrum.

The 30SMD reversing LED's have only slightly more lumens than the OEM bulbs, but the color (~5000k vs ~3800k) results in much better sensitivity for the reversing camera.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Answers:

• Body kits: ~6,000 for the OEM kit (4 corner skirts) and up to 30k baht for the kits that fully replace the front bumper, rear spoiler, and include side step covers.
  • Wing Mirror Automation: Will effect electric mirror warranty.
  • Central Locking mods: Well effect central locking warranty.
  • Light garnishes

post-80026-0-48716800-1291284008_thumb.gpost-80026-0-54263900-1291284016_thumb.g[

• Turn light garnishes:

post-80026-0-51659500-1291284077_thumb.j

• LED Taillights: will not effect warranty
  • Hood Dampers: ~1500 Baht
  • Front Grille: Khlong Thom Markets, R-Style, Nekketsu etc
  • Badges: Will not effect warranty

so MRO, u changed your front grille?

i saw a few on the streets, but they look ridiculous, they are using the "see thru" front grille.

i think i will go to klong thom this afternoon.

Dont know about the harness for the Pajero, but on the Fortuner Xenon light's are a Toyota extra, not factory fitted, so it must be OK, but at over 20,000bt you can poke it.

Nope. That list is what I know is available, not what I've done. Many look ridiculous ;)

any list of what you have done?

3M tint, OEM weathershields, OEM body kit, OEM door bump strips, OEM reversing camera, Scuff plates, A/C filter, FITT mirror covers with entry lights, Mirror controller, fitted floor mats, FITT Turn light garnish, Bosch windshield wipers, 20" rims, ECU piggyback, dump pipe, EGR plug, K&N filter, custom WDTV install, 11" roof monitor, Steering Wheel Remote, Xenon low beams, 13SMD parking lights, 30SMD reversing lights.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

MRO, some clarification on your lighting set-up pls.

This is what your using?:

Reversing lights: T10 13SMD LED stack

Front light's: Xenon 4300k 3.5k

And thinking about:

Fog lamps:

5000k halogens for a color match (~600 baht)

So for 5k I should be able to get fitted out with a matching 'mild-blue' set of lights which will allow me to be more noticeable to oncoming cars, without blinding them, and maybe even look 'mildly cool?

(or do I have to pay more for the 'cool'?)

Any recommendations for such a set-up in CMai? SV auto has CM branch, am about to call for location.

Edited by SoloFlyer

MRO, some clarification on your lighting set-up pls.

This is what your using?:

Reversing lights: T10 13SMD LED stack

Front light's: Xenon 4300k 3.5k

And thinking about:

Fog lamps:

So for 5k I should be able to get fitted out with a matching 'mild-blue' set of lights which will allow me to be more noticeable to oncoming cars, without blinding them, and maybe even look 'mildly cool?

(or do I have to pay more for the 'cool'?)

Any recommendations for such a set-up in CMai? SV auto has CM branch, am about to call for location.

Corrections in bold:

Parking lights: T10 13SMD LED stack

Front light's: Xenon 4300k 35w

And thinking about:

Fog lamps:

BP Autoshop who did my Xenon's (in BKK) have a shop in Chiangmai too - looks to be on the middle ring road, close to the junction of (what would be) Tapae Rd.. (sorry, my knowledge of street names up there is a little light). No idea where you'll get LED's from in CM - try SV and BP I guess, if that fails maybe Mr Car or the accessories shop in the Airport Plaza carpark (if it's still there)? *shrug*

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Nope. That list is what I know is available, not what I've done. Many look ridiculous ;)

any list of what you have done?

3M tint, -DONE

OEM weathershields, -DONE

OEM body kit, OEM door bump strips, - Zenon bodyparts quoted 16k. still considering, may not want the PJS to look like a fortuner

OEM reversing camera, -Done

Scuff plates,-Done

A/C filter,-any difference from the original?

FITT mirror covers with entry lights,- what is this?

Mirror controller,- what is this?

fitted floor mats,-got it free from the mitsu sales(back liner)

FITT Turn light garnish,- what is this?

Bosch windshield wipers, - any diff?

20" rims, - how much and where did u do it?

ECU piggyback, - what is it?

dump pipe,- double?

EGR plug, K&N filter,- making any differecne?

custom WDTV install, 11" roof monitor, - how much does it cost?

Steering Wheel Remote, - saw your DIY post

Xenon low beams, 13SMD parking lights, 30SMD reversing lights. - will get it done this weekend at klong thom. was there this afternoon.

3M tint, -DONE

OEM weathershields, -DONE

OEM body kit, OEM door bump strips, - Zenon bodyparts quoted 16k. still considering, may not want the PJS to look like a fortuner

OEM reversing camera, -Done

Scuff plates,-Done

A/C filter,-any difference from the original?

FITT mirror covers with entry lights,- what is this?

Mirror controller,- what is this?

fitted floor mats,-got it free from the mitsu sales(back liner)

FITT Turn light garnish,- what is this?

Bosch windshield wipers, - any diff?

20" rims, - how much and where did u do it?

ECU piggyback, - what is it?

dump pipe,- double?

EGR plug, K&N filter,- making any differecne?

custom WDTV install, 11" roof monitor, - how much does it cost?

Steering Wheel Remote, - saw your DIY post

Xenon low beams, 13SMD parking lights, 30SMD reversing lights. - will get it done this weekend at klong thom. was there this afternoon.

A/C filter,-any difference from the original? Original is no filter, so yes big difference ;)

FITT mirror covers with entry lights,- what is this? Mirro cover with LED turn signal and down-firing white LED's the illuminate the ground around the car when the doors are unlocked.

Mirror controller,- what is this? Already covered here. Auto retracts the mirrors when locking the doors.

FITT Turn light garnish,- what is this? Already covered here, with pic.

Bosch windshield wipers, - any diff? Yes, much better in heavy rain/high speed, plus doesn't look like 1970's parts like OEM ones ;)

20" rims, - how much and where did u do it? ~40k changeover. NV Yangyont.

ECU piggyback, - what is it? Look for the "cheap diesel performance" thread on these forums.

dump pipe,- double? No, replaces a section of pipe that normally has a restrictive catalytic converter in it ;)

EGR plug, K&N filter,- making any differecne? Not huge but yes. Both together probably contribute another 15-20HP.

custom WDTV install, 11" roof monitor, - how much does it cost? screen was 4300 Baht, WDTV was a DIY (both have been covered on these forums)

A/C filter,-any difference from the original? Original is no filter, so yes big difference ;)

FITT mirror covers with entry lights,- what is this? Mirro cover with LED turn signal and down-firing white LED's the illuminate the ground around the car when the doors are unlocked.

Mirror controller,- what is this? Already covered here. Auto retracts the mirrors when locking the doors.

FITT Turn light garnish,- what is this? Already covered here, with pic.

Bosch windshield wipers, - any diff? Yes, much better in heavy rain/high speed, plus doesn't look like 1970's parts like OEM ones ;)

20" rims, - how much and where did u do it? ~40k changeover. NV Yangyont.

ECU piggyback, - what is it? Look for the "cheap diesel performance" thread on these forums.

dump pipe,- double? No, replaces a section of pipe that normally has a restrictive catalytic converter in it ;)

EGR plug, K&N filter,- making any differecne? Not huge but yes. Both together probably contribute another 15-20HP.

custom WDTV install, 11" roof monitor, - how much does it cost? screen was 4300 Baht, WDTV was a DIY (both have been covered on these forums)

thanks MRO,

will look thru your recommendations and google the details, before going to klong thom tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Here's some images of the parts not yet posted:

Bosch Aerotwin wipers vs OEM:

boschaerotwin.jpg

Dump Pipe:

dumpipe.jpg

30SMD LED Reversing lights - note how bright the rearview camera is on the flip-down screen (you can also see the side mirror welcome lights)

reversingleds.jpg

T10 13SMD LED parking lights:

t1013smd.jpg

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

What would I do without peep's like you. Thank's for help will give it a try when I get snap's.

Right have got light's fitted all seem's fine. Took snap's of box's + light's but TV still dosen't load them. Yes I know I told you I was a plonker. M.R.Oasis all ok till it got to TV then nothing. Oh well. Many thank's anyway. I dont know if there's a way to send them via TV to anyone to let them put on TV, let me know as they might be of interest to peep's. Once again many thank's MRO for your help. FOB