Knife Used In Pattaya Jetski Scam - Irish Tourist’s Life Threatened

george

Now is the time to act and put this forum to good use invite the Pattaya Chief of police & TOT to a meeting at Pattaya Expats Club on a Sunday invite the press along to inform these officials publically what damage this is doing to the economy,The bad news spreads far quicker than good etc etc when enough people complain it makes the world media holiday shows & international press even people who don’t want to jet ski on holiday the resort get’s the bad name people then vote with their feet & decide to go to other far east countries & Thailand starts to loose its main customer & big source of income, Tourism. All because of a few stupid idividuals & a jet ski scam that the officials did nothing or very little to squash. It’s not the Pattaya expat complaining we are here and may probably never use the jet ski but we are saying is how we perceive it from a farang eyes better to go elsewhere we are just trying to help TOT & international relations.

Pattaya Expats Club it s over to You put your meeting to some good use

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scum of Thailand ... thai mafia linked businesses involved in tourism should be wiped out ... why doesn't the TAT step in and do something ... set-up a scene - video it and have the cuprits charged with extortion ... do the same in Phuket and in Samui with the Taxi mafia.

I mean it can't be that hard - can it ?

These guys are just biting the hand that feeds 'em, and it's the law abiding tourist businesses who suffer !

Yes i never bothered to complain in March this year but Phuket is the same.If you ever need to hand your passport over for anything my advise is dont do it.Having riden motorcycles all my life i saw no problem to hire a bike in Thailand.If you do hire from some safe hotel.Never i repeat never hire from the tousist spot.Ie beach road either pattaya or phuket.I was forced to hand over 7000 baht for a break lever i did not even damage.tourist police what a joke,though they are helpful they basically said to me dont go to the police for it will cost me twice as much as what they are asking.I know in Australia a break lever cost 20 dollars not the 200 they were asking so never ever hand over your passport for hiring anything it just isnt worth being ripped off by these scum

But you forget that people going on holiday expect it be safe in the town, near the beach to rent a jet ski. That's how it is in much of the world but not here.

Don't blame those Irish lads for just doing what people do on holiday.

The problem, the thugs in tandem with the police thugs are the problem.

but, the police view a posting here as a time to grab the money before they get posted elsewhere. And nowhere is as lucrative for a corrupt copper as Pattaya.

Part of the problem is that the ex-pats remaining there are so complacent they see nothing wrong in being part of and surrounded by crime, criminals and corruption.

If they protested they'd be locked up or thrown out or threatened and beaten up. The place is completely lawless.

It's run by criminals. Doesn't anyone know who runs Pattaya and has for years?

Scum of Thailand ... thai mafia linked businesses involved in tourism should be wiped out ... why doesn't the TAT step in and do something ... set-up a scene - video it and have the cuprits charged with extortion ... do the same in Phuket and in Samui with the Taxi mafia.

These guys are just biting the hand that feeds 'em, and it's the law abiding tourist businesses who suffer !

Yes i never bothered to complain in March this year but Phuket is the same.If you ever need to hand your passport over for anything my advise is dont do it.Having riden motorcycles all my life i saw no problem to hire a bike in Thailand.If you do hire from some safe hotel.Never i repeat never hire from the tousist spot.Ie beach road either pattaya or phuket.I was forced to hand over 7000 baht for a break lever i did not even damage.tourist police what a joke,though they are helpful they basically said to me dont go to the police for it will cost me twice as much as what they are asking.I know in Australia a break lever cost 20 dollars not the 200 they were asking so never ever hand over your passport for hiring anything it just isnt worth being ripped off by these scum

Just because your name is in the passport doesnt make it your property in the first case. The passport is an official document of your own country and shouldnt be used as a 'deposit tool' for anything, especially this sort of thing.

Maybe "som nam naa", but he'll never get his day in court to prove one way or another. The fine that was mentioned here, wasn't a fine as he wouldn't have been found guilty of anything. It would have been a payment to the accuser to stop it going further and to pay the police off too. As far as I understand, any Thai girl can go along to the police and accuse any farang of "tam anajan"... basically an indecent act.. The police by law have to take her statement or accusation seriously and then summon the accused to the police station. This of course suits them wonderfully if there's a farang involved. At the police station, although they have no right to take away your passport, if you don't pay them bail money, you will be locked up if you don't surrender it to them. The police will most likely get a lawyer for you, but who will act more as an agent for them. He will give you a choice that you can fight the case in court and possibly sue her for wrongful accusation....that will take maybe two years and if you are found guilty, you would have to leave Thailand.. or you can settle the Thai way and pay her and the police for your own personal nightmare to evaporate. Fear is their MO. Even if you know you are innocent, it is more than likely that you will settle the "Thai way".

If she is a bar girl complaining about you pinching her arse, I would imagine the police would take a different view, but if you pinched the bum of one of the Air Asia girls for example, you'd be in real trouble.

With normal Thai girls it is serious stuff to get involved in any way sexually without honourable intentions. You make a Thai girl lose face by having consensual sex, with her imagining that you have serious future plans, and then dump her... that can have serious repurcussions. To us farangs there is nothing illegal (indeed there isn't) so why can the police get involved, but even if you get your own lawyer, they will think that you should pay the girl for her "losing face". The Thai justice system is seldom about justice as we know it.

What this guy experienced seems to be happening more and more and with the Thai love of an easy buck, I think it will just get worse.

"Do those Pattaya sexpats really think that anyone cares if someone rips them off?"

Good reply. I can see the BIB and the jet ski mafia looking at these guys thinking

" you come here to F### our young daughters and boys for a few $$, well welcome to reality, white boys"

make no mistake you/we are at the mercy of what is a fairly lawless society.

A bit off topic but..

Was just having a conversation with a Maltese mate who owns a few condos in Pattaya, he spent 2 nights in a filthy cell with 20 other Thais. His crime? Being drunk on xmas day and giving his lady neighbor a hug that included a bum squeeze. 5 police arrested him and he found her crying at the station. The fine was 150,000bht but his lawyer got it down to 70,000bht

He said he would have paid 500,000 he was so pertified.

Dont hire anything in Thailand unless it has a pulse B)

'Bum squeeze' = Indecent Assault. Som nom na.

Edited by SPIKECM

I can second the motobike scammers. I walked past ( slowed down enough to get the gist of what was going on) the thai bike owner was trying to get several thousand bht out of a chap for a flat tire, waving the innertube with one hand and a club with the other. ( i kept walking)

my ex trained kickboxing since 4 years old. She kicked me once brushing the side of my face just as a warning. I didn't do nuthin wrong either :ph34r: . In oz I could have charged her. What hope in Thailand ??

Unless you had some physical damage and witnesses you would have much hope of charging her in Oz..

I can second the motobike scammers. I walked past ( slowed down enough to get the gist of what was going on) the thai bike owner was trying to get several thousand bht out of a chap for a flat tire, waving the innertube with one hand and a club with the other. ( i kept walking)

Was it a scooter or one of the real motorcycles? 2000 baht would be reasonable for a tire and tube on a sport's bike.

my ex trained kickboxing since 4 years old. She kicked me once brushing the side of my face just as a warning. I didn't do nuthin wrong either :ph34r: . In oz I could have charged her. What hope in Thailand ??

Unless you had some physical damage and witnesses you would have much hope of charging her in Oz..

fair enough so lets say it connected and had a big bruise. What hope in Thailand? ZIP!

Was it a scooter or one of the real motorcycles? 2000 baht would be reasonable for a tire and tube on a sport's bike.

judging by the size of the tube being waved about, I would say under 200cc bike, and the $$ being mentioned ( remember i was waking by) was 5k bht

This high season is pretty low, increased competition for money, police owned jet skis, corrupt police everywhere, why is anyone surprised this shit is happening? These Irish guys will go home and tell their friends, who will tell their friends, etc etc , next high season even lower, blah blah.

This is not Disney Land people, pay attention.Give then what they want, the police are in on it, and live to play another day.

The best thing to do is: don't rent jet skis (or any other equipment) in Pattaya and Puket. If you're an expat who is living here, educate you're friends who are visiting to the types of scams that are being run here. You can eventually put these jerks out of business by simply boycotting their services. Maybe and even better idea -- find a different location other than Pattaya or Puket. There are many other beautiful places to visit in Thailand where the service providers are relatively honest business-people trying to make a living without ripping off tourists. Just don't play the game.

This high season is pretty low, increased competition for money, police owned jet skis, corrupt police everywhere, why is anyone surprised this shit is happening? These Irish guys will go home and tell their friends, who will tell their friends, etc etc , next high season even lower, blah blah.

This is not Disney Land people, pay attention.Give then what they want, the police are in on it, and live to play another day.

The best thing to do is: don't rent jet skis (or any other equipment) in Pattaya and Puket. If you're an expat who is living here, educate you're friends who are visiting to the types of scams that are being run here. You can eventually put these jerks out of business by simply boycotting their services. Maybe and even better idea -- find a different location other than Pattaya or Puket. There are many other beautiful places to visit in Thailand where the service providers are relatively honest business-people trying to make a living without ripping off tourists. Just don't play the game.

Slightly off topice but I have just read in the newspaper that a Chinese couple were killed yesterday in a jet ski accident in Phuket. Apparently the woman lost control and hit a yacht.

Maybe "som nam naa", but he'll never get his day in court to prove one way or another. The fine that was mentioned here, wasn't a fine as he wouldn't have been found guilty of anything. It would have been a payment to the accuser to stop it going further and to pay the police off too. As far as I understand, any Thai girl can go along to the police and accuse any farang of "tam anajan"... basically an indecent act.. The police by law have to take her statement or accusation seriously and then summon the accused to the police station. This of course suits them wonderfully if there's a farang involved. At the police station, although they have no right to take away your passport, if you don't pay them bail money, you will be locked up if you don't surrender it to them. The police will most likely get a lawyer for you, but who will act more as an agent for them. He will give you a choice that you can fight the case in court and possibly sue her for wrongful accusation....that will take maybe two years and if you are found guilty, you would have to leave Thailand.. or you can settle the Thai way and pay her and the police for your own personal nightmare to evaporate. Fear is their MO. Even if you know you are innocent, it is more than likely that you will settle the "Thai way".

If she is a bar girl complaining about you pinching her arse, I would imagine the police would take a different view, but if you pinched the bum of one of the Air Asia girls for example, you'd be in real trouble.

With normal Thai girls it is serious stuff to get involved in any way sexually without honourable intentions. You make a Thai girl lose face by having consensual sex, with her imagining that you have serious future plans, and then dump her... that can have serious repurcussions. To us farangs there is nothing illegal (indeed there isn't) so why can the police get involved, but even if you get your own lawyer, they will think that you should pay the girl for her "losing face". The Thai justice system is seldom about justice as we know it.

What this guy experienced seems to be happening more and more and with the Thai love of an easy buck, I think it will just get worse.

==========================================================================================================================================

Yes, this scam was tried on me in Koh Samui. The mother had been trying for one year to get me to take her 23-yr-old daughter w/baby. I kept telling her that I already had a girlfriend. So one day they went to the police dept and said I had attempted to rape her (difficult since I had never even dated her). I told them I would meet them at the Tourist Police, not the regular police. The fat mother was screaming that I had tried to rape her underage virgin. I told the police that she was 23, had a 3-yr-old daughter, and I had never touched her. One policeman came over to me and whispered that 100KB would settle things. I then called my lawyer who after he finished laughing told me not to fall for this scam #2,456, one of the oldest scams. My lawyer talked to the sergeant and told him that I would be filing a 10MB suit against the parents and the police dept if they pursued it. I left and never heard from them again. My advice is if you have done nothing wrong, don't pay anything. If you do pay, every parent in town will know about it and you will be paying them all off.

"Give them what they want" Are you kidding? These guys were Irish. One Irish can whip 10, skinny Thai guys any day of the week. I'm surprised they didn't take away the knife and beat the s-it out of them all.

Here is a better answer for anyone thinking of coming to Thailand. DO NOT COME TO THAILAND

All these Scams against Farangs here are accepted in Thailand by most Thai's. Why ? Becuase alot Thai's have a deep hatred for Farangs. Now this is not of the surface for most of them but its always there. Ask them why some of them will tell you but most wont. As someone said in a post on this topic. If a Thai guy see's 2 other Thai guys fighting they wont do anything. If a Thai guy see's a Thai and Farang fighting they will join in and help the other Thai know matter what.

Farangs have started to give up on Thailand. This is not a ' Land of smiles ' Its a land of violence and racial hatred.

Anyones life is cheap out here. But a Farangs life really means nothing to Thai Police. Never forget this. There is no help out here.

Sadly, having lived and been on holiday in Thailand since 1997, I have to agree to most of this; except not all Thais hate farang, but mostly younger (because of extreme nationalism since about 2000), uneducated, and poor Thais (and parts of the "middle class") do.

Also, it isn't just 'farangs' who are scammed, but other foreigners and Thais alike! Thais scam each other whenever they can, e.g. borrowing thousands of baht from several neighbours and friends at the same time, just before 'disappearing' forever (by moving house), without ever repaying these debts. In this regard some Thais are equal opportunity scammers... :whistling:

Edited by 007

Because the TAT is too busy thinking up inane English language slogans without consulting any native speakers and looking for goofy looking and sounding Thais with connections to cast in its commercials when it is not engaged in transferring its budget to the European bank accounts of family members of its senior officials.

Another observation that I have noticed in Pattaya is that the Jet Ski's are out on the water when it is very late and when it is dark , I was on the spot where an accident occured a few months ago where an Indian man died it was late then and visibility was low.

If they were all insured I don't think any insurance company would insure jet ski's running around in the dark.

The accident that occured in Phuket yesterday is very sad but unfortunately we will see many more similar incidents in Thailand because nothing is being done to control this mafia run industry.

Edited by saintofsilence

Thats why expats should direct everyone to thai beaches. Koh samet and the like have almost no issues.

Guess Pattaya is also a beach in Thailand, right? What they wanted to see were bitches on beaches. :jap:

Another observation that I have noticed in Pattaya is that the Jet Ski's are out on the water when it is very late and when it is dark , I was on the spot where an accident occured a few months ago where an Indian man died it was late then and visibility was low.

If they were all insured I don't think any insurance company would insure jet ski's running around in the dark.

The accident that occured in Phuket yesterday is very sad but unfortunately we will see many more similar incidents in Thailand because nothing is being done to control this mafia run industry.

Edited by metisdead
Personal attack removed from view.