Info About Obtaining 1Yr Non Imiigrant Visa In The Eu

Hi guys,

I am currently in Thailand on a double entry tourist visa.

I would like to stay in Thailand for a longer time without the grievances and uncertainty of renewing tourist visas at the embassies in SE Asia.

From what I have read, in my case this is possible with a Business or Education visa, both of which require supporting documentation from thai businesses/ universities.

As I don't plan to work/study, this would be inconvenient.

The other option would be to apply using supporting documentation provided by one of the Thai legal adviser companies.

The one I researched so far is "Siam Legal".

What is your experience with this company? Do they deliver on their 100% visa guarantee?

( not sure if displaying this name is allowed , if not could the mods please delete the reference)

I am 31 years old, holding a Romanian passport and I have Belgian residency ( I have gotten 3 tourist visas from the Brussels embassy without problems in the previous years).

I would be grateful for any practical information regarding applying in Brussels for the 1 year non- immigrant visa, with or without the aid of the agency mentioned above.

You can get a non-O from Hull in England based on "visiting friends".

They take applications by mail within EU.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

Thank you very much for the info, I checked their application forms; it seems surprisingly easy to get the "O" visa with a letter from a Thai friend.

I have friends in Thailand, Thai and farangs, but I am not married /gf.

A few further questions

1.Do they call the person? If so, what kind of questions do they typically ask?

2.Do they check in any way if I am actually staying at the address I provide ( my friend's address)?

3.Do I have to show proof upon re-entry after 90 days that I am indeed staying at the initially mentioned address?

4.There is a mention there about 8 gbp charge for return mail, valid only for UK and North Ireland.

Does this mean that if I the address is in Belgium I don't need to pay the 8gbp(thus include only 100 gbp for the application processing) ?

5.Can this visa be extended in any way in Asia, or would I have to go back to Europe after one year?

6.Any info about submitting the same to Brussels instead of Hull? Are they known to reject applications?

Whew :) That's already a lot of questions. I would appreciate if at least some could be answered.

Thanks,

D.

1, 2 & 3 are NO.

4. You will have to pay more, as you now will have to pay for the postage back to Belgium. Contact the consulate about this first to see how much.

5. Have to go back to Europe, or get an ED visa in Asia.

6. Unlikely, and better to try Antwerp if you want to try.