Openerp

phuket Mike

I am looking for a software solution for a small food manufacturing company, it's a start up and they are looking at getting the IT side of it right from day one by implementing a scalable management system. The first stage it an accountancy package, I came across openerp www.openerp.com and it looks like it might just meet their requirements, allowing deployment of an accounting system initially then other modules as they are required.

It is supported in Thailand, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it, obviously being open source it immediately ticks a big box. As it stores all data in a sql database there is very little problem with data lock-in. There would be a cost in support and implementation, but as the organization is relying on investor capital, transparency and low overheads are paramount.

Thanks for the replies, I was already aware of Almacom in Bkk. The business is currently up and running in proof of concept mode, the next step is to go into full production. Having experience of many companies in the past with different IT systems within each department I wanted to find a solution for the whole organization.

We will now implement OpenERP in this POC business to further test it's capabilities, but from what I have seen it will more than meet our requirements. With Thai localization it is very promising.

Anyway once again thank you for making the effort to reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Benoit from Almacom.

I ran across this page out of luck, so I thought I would just drop by and say hello :)

So, to answer your initial question, we do have experience with OpenERP. I'd say that OpenERP is probably one of the most flexible and powerful platform around. If you have any question regarding OpenERP and/or Almacom, please feel free to ask it here or contact us directly. We provide technical training to companies that wish to develop/extend modules internally; in our experience, mastering the infrastructure can take a fairly long time so I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Also, as your project is warming up, I'm eager to know if you choose OpenERP v5 or v6?

Note that we are also partners with Netforce whose focus is on providing standard OpenERP solutions in the cloud (or optionally on a fully managed onsite physical server). Not exactly standard as the Thai accounting module is included. As I understand your situation, this not really of interest.

--

Best regards.

Edited by benoitm

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Sorry for late reply cause I've just found this page when I search from google.

My name is Srirat Dongbang, Business Development Manager of Frontware International, Officail partner of OpenERP in Thailand.

Frontware International Co., Ltd., have professional teamwork with experience more than 15 years, since 1997.

Most of our customer base on European Union so don't be concern about quality of product / services.

However you can finding more information about us at Frontware or OpenERPasia

Regards,

Edited by CreSCent