I'Ve Lost My Dog At Foot Of Doi Suthep

Krupnik

Hi, please help if you can!

My dog and I were jogging down Doi Suthep and were around the first checkpoint thing at the bottom when she ran out into the road and almost got hit by a car! She was stuck under the wheel! But when she got out she ran away normally and looked fine. She ran into the wildlife adjoining the road and hid - which is her habit when she is scared. Only we can't find where she has hidden.

We were not very far up the mountain so she could be wandering around the town somewhere or anywhere please can you PM me if you see her!

Picture attached.

A reward will be offered if anyone can find her - I am desperately worried!

Thanks so much. Her name is Teee.

Dee.

post-32592-0-84032800-1291547989_thumb.j

I am sorry about your dog being hurt and missing. I know you are feeling awful as must be the person who hit it. It is my one big road fear here that I will hit one of the many soi dogs.

Please when you get another friend make sure he or she is kept off the roads. No one wants a repeat of this topic being needed.

I hope she comes back and is OK.

She's been sighted this morning, just a bit of a limp. Seems she may be working her way down the hill, toward the zoo. Handing out posters, in Thai and English, in the area now. If you're in the university area, please keep an eye out. Thank you.

She's been sighted this morning, just a bit of a limp. Seems she may be working her way down the hill, toward the zoo. Handing out posters, in Thai and English, in the area now. If you're in the university area, please keep an eye out. Thank you.

The it's good to spend some time there in case the dog is not far away and might find/smell/hear you.

It is my one big road fear here that I will hit one of the many soi dogs.

That's strange. I have two big road fears. One that I will kill a child crossing the road, the other is getting smashed to bits in a head on collision.

Dogs.. it happens. Especially when people take dogs up a main road (such as the one up Doi Suthep) without a leash.

That's strange. I have two big road fears. One that I will kill a child crossing the road, the other is getting smashed to bits in a head on collision.

Dogs.. it happens. Especially when people take dogs up a main road (such as the one up Doi Suthep) without a leash.

Thanks for the sympathy.

I'm not able to take my dog on a leash because she just pulls out of it because she is too independent it is the way she has known since I rescued her from the dog's home.

Anyway, we found her this evening.

Thank you to those of you who added helpful comments.

We took your advice and hung around the area where she was last seen and eventually (after looking all day!) she turned up. She is now back home with a wounded leg that we'll sort out tomorrow but otherwise she's fine.

Thanks again.

Dee.

Thanks for the sympathy.

I'm not able to take my dog on a leash because she just pulls out of it because she is too independent it is the way she has known since I rescued her from the dog's home.

We took your advice and hung around the area where she was last seen and eventually (after looking all day!) she turned up. She is now back home with a wounded leg that we'll sort out tomorrow but otherwise she's fine.

Thanks again.

Dee.

Good to hear. Well done and hope her leg is ok.

Rgds

Thanks for the sympathy.

That's excellent news! Happy to hear that. I guess though you won't be jogging there with your dog in the future right? So you know that the sentiment implied in my post was sound.

(To be honest I think that road is dangerous for people as well, both joggers and cyclists)

Hi, I'm glad you and your dog are reunited again ! :)

As being a dog owner too, I know how it it to loose your most faithful friend.

I had to have one put to sleep, a border collie that I brought all the way from Europe. At the end she could not walk anymore and had so much pain, but really she did not want to die just stay with me... terrible experience and hope it never happens again.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Thanks for the sympathy.

Thanks again.

Dee.

Glad it ended well.

Ignore posters like Winniethekwai, they've probably never owned dogs here. TV has a lot of people with GOM syndrome and they're not always that old, just they like to argue for the sake of it. Keeps them off the streets I suppose and keeps the bars in business. :lol:

I have been keeping an eye on this thread hoping your dog will be found safe and well.

Good news and please don`t forget to take her to the vets for a check over; nag, nag, nag, but we mean well.

Merry Christmas and respects to you, your family and the pooch.

Thanks for the sympathy.

Thanks again.

Dee.

Glad it ended well.

Ignore posters like Winniethekwai, they've probably never owned dogs here. TV has a lot of people with GOM syndrome and they're not always that old, just they like to argue for the sake of it. Keeps them off the streets I suppose and keeps the bars in business. :lol:

Huh, what.. I wouldn't say I 'owned' a dog, in the same way you don't 'own' your kids but you love them and take care of them and they love you back without having to try. And then I lost her through something pretty much equally boneheaded-in-hindsight as Krupnik describes. Something that was no problem hundreds of times, but then in hindsight you realize you should have taken better care. Had I posted about it then some sad card-carrying member of the GOM club would have stated the bloody obvious. Likely.

Huh, what.. I wouldn't say I 'owned' a dog, in the same way you don't 'own' your kids but you love them and take care of them and they love you back without having to try. And then I lost her through something pretty much equally boneheaded-in-hindsight as Krupnik describes. Something that was no problem hundreds of times, but then in hindsight you realize you should have taken better care. Had I posted about it then some sad card-carrying member of the GOM club would have stated the bloody obvious. Likely.

Owning a dog means that the dog is considered a possession. Same as a farmer owns the animals on his farm.

Children are considered as members of a family, so is more of a responsibility than a possession.

Owning a dog means that the dog is considered a possession. Same as a farmer owns the animals on his farm.

Children are considered as members of a family, so is more of a responsibility than a possession.

My dog was considered to be part of my family.

Often dogs will be more loyal than humans.

OP, glad u got ur dog back.

Edited by neverdie

It is pretty obvious that the OP did not consider her dog to be just a possession. She may be misguided in allowing it to run free in traffic endingering cyclists and motorcyclists as well as car drivers who may swerve to avoid it but I have no doubt she cares about her dog and I for one am glad they are reunited.