Need To Extend My Visa.. Confused

Hi,

I arrived in Koh Samui with a 3 entry 60 day non-working VISA.. so far I have used the 60 days up and extended it another 30 at Nathon immigration here in Koh Samui.. I need to extend it again quickly but I'm unsure of my options...

A friend did one by land from Koh Samui (obviously had one small boat journey) and did it in 2 days at a cost of 4000 Baht, that gave him 2 months...

But he also recommended one that leaves Koh Samui at 6am and gets back at 7pm, which costs 1200 Baht.... but I'm unsure how long that gave him.

Could someone please explain what my options are, it would be really appreciated.

I dont think you can do it in 1 day because the visa processing takes 2 working days. Even if u pay for express, its 1 working day, unless you can arrive at the new country at 9am and leave at 4pm the same day, you will need atleast 1 night there

Worst time for me!

Bad floods in Koh Samui and I'm hearing that Friday is National day off which means Thai immigrations offices abroad are apparently closed.

Going to drive to Ranong tomorrow, thing is my friend is going to have to wait for me has he has just got his Thai visa updated last week... does anyone know how long it will take me?

Edited by jc7

Thanks I will give Jules a call.. to be fair my friend is taking me and will wait for me to cross to Myanmar and come back... hopefully they will give me 60 but I'm hearing they only give 30!

I wish it was simple!

Thanks I will give Jules a call.. to be fair my friend is taking me and will wait for me to cross to Myanmar and come back... hopefully they will give me 60 but I'm hearing they only give 30!

I wish it was simple!

It is simple. Why would they not give you 60 days if you have a Tourist Visa? Just record the Visa Number on the entry card and make sure your passport is stamped properly before leaving the entry area.

Edited by beechguy

Ok brilliant.. it really isn't simple though - I could find no official website for all of this. Had to find out by asking people.

I will assume I can do this on Thurs, Fri and Sat then.. hope it doesn't mess up!

Thanks for the replies