Best Of British Food Abroad: Skyscanner'S Top 10 Blighty Bites

Boater

:blink: Its not even the best in Bangkok!

Where do you reckon is better?

It is fine and convenient, being right under Asoke Station, but its a bit pricey. THere is the added excitement of the anticipation of people tumbling down the spiral stairs, but that doesn't really jusify the additional cost, and I'm always worried I'll miss it anyway...

SC

Edit: 'It' is the Black Swan...

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 2 weeks later...

It is fine and convenient, being right under Asoke Station, but its a bit pricey. THere is the added excitement of the anticipation of people tumbling down the spiral stairs, but that doesn't really jusify the additional cost, and I'm always worried I'll miss it anyway...

SC

Reckon the food is better at Soi8 pub....mind I've not been since it changed hands so.....??

The Black Swan is too dark and dingy.....maybe if it was full with some live music and atmosphere.

More to the point which pub in Bangkok has the best atmosphere for a few beers/whiskies and good conversation.....certainly none of the above....

SC

Reckon the food is better at Soi8 pub....mind I've not been since it changed hands so.....??

The Black Swan is too dark and dingy.....maybe if it was full with some live music and atmosphere.

More to the point which pub in Bangkok has the best atmosphere for a few beers/whiskies and good conversation.....certainly none of the above....

Conversation... as if!

Actually, if you can stand the prices, I would recommend the Black Swan, since it is nice and quiet, and the bar staff don't have a lot else to do.

Or a Thai food court; drink cheap, no loud music, you can normally collect your beer yourself from the drink stand, no girls hassling you - its almost like being back home (except for the whisky, I suppose...

There's a 'Scottish' pub on Soi 22, I think, allegedly the same as used to be on SUkhumvit Road near there, and its just like being back home; no greater condemnation can I offer.... admittedly, your experience may differ.

SC

I've always thought that the fish and chip shop on Soi 23 is second to none for authentic British food.

A latent insult to the cuisine of a nation!

To be fair, I have gone back there through choice, even sober, when I fancy something quick, filling and Western.

Drifting off the topic of food for a moment...

Its scarce more than a month till Burns Night, so where to get haggis in Bangkok?

SC