Thai Wife

sadako

Hi again all ,

Hmmm, Im thinking very seriously about proposing to my lovely Thai girlfriend next year . It's only a matter of time really .

Just wondering if anyone had any comments as to the advantages associated with a foreigner having a Thai wife , and the disadvantages . That includes the ads and dis-ads for her too !

You know the kind of thing , regarding the law , rights , funny comments ..etc etc

Should make interesting reading ......

Thanking you ,

Sadako .

( She never sleeps )

Hi again all ,

Hmmm, Im thinking very seriously about proposing to my lovely Thai girlfriend next year . It's only a matter of time really .

Just wondering if anyone had any comments as to the advantages associated with a foreigner having a Thai wife , and the disadvantages . That includes the ads and dis-ads for her too !

You know the kind of thing , regarding the law , rights , funny comments ..etc etc

Thanking you ,

Sadako .

( She never sleeps )

Just to add to that .....I am NOT marrying her for financial gain , etc ! Just trying to get an idea how our marriage will affect our relationship according to the law etc , so we can improve our life !

How can we answer that when we haven't met the "lovely thai girlfriend". All I'm saying is she may be lovely right now but horror stories related to financial issues do sometimes prop up. I'm not saying all Thai girls are the same just don't be stupid and sign everything in her name, typical farang mistake!

So find out the facts and figures and be prepared for the worst. Other than that, good luck to you :o .

Hee hee , actually , I really dont plan on putting anything in her name for a long time to come , and that doesnt say I dont trust her either . Just wanted to see what lovely comments I would receive ! :D

Ice... are you feeling "biachy"?  :o

Nah, thats just the normal Sarah :D . It dosen't seem that biatchy to me....must be used to it :D

Edit - Only helping the poor guy from making a mistake!

TH  Gf/Wife .. just Oriental Slave ...and  yes we love to spoil guys

anyhow ..how many dowry u will give us  :o  :D  :D  :D

LOL Oriental slave ? Hee he ......I love the thought of that . Fact is , I will give her all of my heart and have already , but I wont sign away my money , and she doesnt expect me to , she is educated , a toy shop manager , has money , I dont need to worry about her wanting my cash . And youre right , she does know how to spoil , and how to hit the spot !

Hi again all ,

Thanking you ,

Sadako .

( She never sleeps )

Unfortunately I think there is a blatent stereotype with some people ..."You must have bought your Thai wife". That I suppose is a negative, although you probably wouldn't be associating with people who have such naive and misinformed perceptions like this, so not too much a problem, if one at all.

However, on the positive side many Thai women I know are the most beautiful, interesting and stimulating women I've ever met.

I guess the same applies with every country, some women are great, some women aren't, just the same as men, some are good some aren't, right?

I hope things turn out well for you any way, best of luck :o

I knew a story about an educated Thai lady and a husband. She was educated in Law and had a great job, she gave him some "papers" to sign and it just so happened he signed his assets to her when he was told by her it was something else :o He trusted her enough to do that and thought she was lovely. So she the quit her job and now lives off his money because if he refuses she buggers off with everything he's worked for, for the past years. So the poor guy carn't do a thing.

Edited by Ice Maiden

Hi again all ,

Thanking you ,

Sadako .

( She never sleeps )

Unfortunately I think there is a blatent stereotype with some people ..."You must have bought your Thai wife". That I suppose is a negative, although you probably wouldn't be associating with people who have such naive and misinformed perceptions like this, so not too much a problem, if one at all.

However, on the positive side many Thai women I know are the most beautiful, interesting and stimulating women I've ever met.

I guess the same applies with every country, some women are great, some women aren't, just the same as men, some are good some aren't, right?

I hope things turn out well for you any way, best of luck :o

Yes , stereotypes all over , but when you hold a girl in your arms , and she goes weak at your touch , you just know that she is not after you for money . I dont have a great deal of that anyway !

Amazing she is , unlike any western girlfriend I have ever had , it has to be said . Faithful , charming , polite , beautiful , amazing lover , what more could a man as k ??? !!! :D

I knew a story about an educated Thai lady and a husband. She was educated in Law and had a great job, she gave him some "papers" to sign and it just so happened he signed his assets to her when he was told by her it was something else  :D He trusted her enough to do that and thought she was lovely. So she the quit her job and now lives off his money because if he refuses she buggers off with everything he's worked for, for the past years. So the poor guy carn't do a thing.

He could have her killed easily enough, what's he waiting for? TIT :o

I knew a story about an educated Thai lady and a husband. She was educated in Law and had a great job, she gave him some "papers" to sign and it just so happened he signed his assets to her when he was told by her it was something else  :D He trusted her enough to do that and thought she was lovely. So she the quit her job and now lives off his money because if he refuses she buggers off with everything he's worked for, for the past years. So the poor guy carn't do a thing.

:D:D

Shes left eveything to her family so it wouldn't really get him anywhere. And he's still going on about how great she is when she has him by the balls. FOOL.

Shes left eveything to her family so it wouldn't really get him anywhere. And he's still going on about how great she is when she has him by the balls. FOOL.

She sounds like a right back and front.

I wanna do the deed for him. no charge

Amazing she is , unlike any western girlfriend I have ever had , it has to be said . Faithful , charming , polite , beautiful , amazing lover , what more could a man as k ??? !!! :D

Wish you well in your endevours young fella, if I remember rightly you have been to thailand 3 times , some of us married thai ladies , long before they were stereotyped and were very happy, as I recommended many moons ago, only invest in thailand what you can afford to walk away from , but go for it mate! follow your heart,imagine what it must have been like, over 40 years ago when we applied to get married to thai ladies, there were 7 who applied in 1963 and 4 of us persevered,my good lady passed away but the other 3 are still happily married and retired now in Yasothon province , so it does work out some times, :D Nignoy

How can we answer that when we haven't met the "lovely thai girlfriend". All I'm saying is she may be lovely right now but horror stories related to financial issues do sometimes prop up. I'm not saying all Thai girls are the same just don't be stupid and sign everything in her name, typical farang mistake!

So find out the facts and figures and be prepared for the worst. Other than that, good luck to you  :o .

This is very sound advice that I will back up 150%. I would go farther than this even and not marry at all, but that's just my approach to the whole thing. I would expect anyone else to do as the dude does just cause da dude does it. can you dig what I'm saying dudes?

Hi again all ,

Thanking you ,

Sadako .

( She never sleeps )

Sadako,

I got married almost two years ago. We both live and work in Bangkok ( - well my wife has stopped working now). We did both the religious stuff at her parents place, the official document signing at the amphor, and had a reception for friends and family.

You know what? - nothing really changed. We are perhaps a bit more "legitimate' but otherwise no real difference in our day-to-day life. I have a work permit here, so in terms of visa, etc it has now effect on my status - may do later if I should stop working or retiring. Will be better for the kids to have married parents, I guess. Easier for the wife to get a visa when we go home on vaccasion, perhaps? (Wasn't that hard in the first place - juts a bit of papaer work)

I am glad we did it, and if youi two really love easch other and plan to spend the rest of your lives together, I think you should do it. But don't expect to get anything out of the marriage that you haven't got out of the relationship you currently have.

Edited by WhiteShiva

Hi again all ,

Thanking you ,

Sadako .

( She never sleeps )

:D

A man is incomplete until he gets married then he’s finished. :D

:o Don’t worry what people think they don’t do it very often.

maybe ask us ..when we stop to feed duck ...TH girls love Donald Duck

donald-firehat.jpg

anyhow ..how many dowry u will give us  :D  :D  :D  :D

maybe ask us ..when we stop to feed duck ...TH girls love Donald Duck

donald-firehat.jpg

:o:D:D:D

Not sure I am following your question... the technical difference w/ a foreigner marrying a Thai woman versus living with her out of wedlock? You have an easier time with immigration rules in Thailand and in your home country. You have to sign away your rights to any land she buys in Thailand, which you would not need to do if you had no shared property rights to start with. Your kids have easy dual-citizenship options.

As for the social biases, I think you will be treated better in Thailand by Thais who know you are married versus if you were just living together. In the west, I think this matters less every year.

All the rest is either "what is it like to be married" or "what is it like to be involved with someone from another culture." These two questions have been addressed ad nauseum here, and luckily they do not really get much more complicated when combined. Personally, I think marriage has grown on me... I started off thinking it was just a bunch of administrative hoo-hah (I'm not religious) but there are little social reinforcements that pop up now and again. They wouldn't make up for being with the wrong person though! :o

If you go through with it, you can answer us "what is it like to be with her" in a few years. :D

If I may chip in tuppence.

I'd say go for it but be careful. If something doesn't add up financially get to the bottom of it. Be wary of shared accounts and supplementary credit cards and if you are planning a big purchase (car etc) do it before you get married.

I did none of these things and my wife of ~7 years has upped and left and taken *everything* with her and I am having a devil of a job getting anything back.

That said, for every bad story like mine there seem to be dozens of happier ones and I wish you both the very best.