How To Deal With Dirty Neighbours?

NikhilBkk

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flame removed. It is possible to disagree with someone without resorting to flames and abuse. Please give it a try. thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they lack the literacy skill to do so, sbk. :D

Not being able to choose your neighbours is one of the problems in Thailand. I've see fancy places costing millions of baht stuck right next to tin shacks full of slum tenants.

Bangkok_canals_3.jpg

and right next door...

Bangkok_canals_4.jpg

Thanks guys...but already checked.....they do not have internet connections in their unit let alone have a laptop or computer........did this before posting the problem on the Thaivisa. I doubt he has any friends.

The thai things, I doubt are computer literate. Currently its about 9.40pm, they are having the usual loud quarrels in the unit, complete with screams, yellings and things crashing. The next time I ever buy a unit......it will not be a condo or a townhouse or a semi detached but rather a single home on a landed property with neighbours as far away as possible. (Doubt I can afford that in Bangkok though at the rate of land prices.!)

'The thai things' What is a 'thing'?

Thanks for all ur suggestions and even some strange ones that were PM to me. Just to clear the air.......I ain't no snob and I have nothing about individuals from Isaan, etc or even about Brit Pensioners, etc. I do not care if a person is poor or rich , educated or not-educated but I do care for a certain degree of civility and general cleanliness and manners.

I just came back to my unit after work to see the same mess outside. Sights! I am planning something drastic but its not what some of u are thinking.......Yes I do wish they die! but I am not the one who will ever want to dirty my hands.

One of my Thai neighbours who also hate this family checked and found out that the Brit's chap details are not with the Juristic Office. By law, the juristic office is suppose to be having it and sending a copy to Immigration. They have asked him many times but he has never responded. The lease was taken under the name of the female thing! On the top of that, he never goes out and has a man of African origin visiting him sometimes and also my neighbour said the guards suspect that he has been taking certain narcotics by the poolside. What I am planning to to inform the authorities. But we want to do it the right way so that the whole family gets into a real serious mess not just say possession but more that that. I am willing to pay the authorities whatever. Trust me just give me a couple of days more to get rid of this trash. Thanks for all the suggestions but I do not think it will work on this lower life forms and that this might be the best action.

Normally, when I am planning a cunning and devious ploy, I also discuss it sotto voce with the audience - I learnt that from Shakespeare.

Remember to tie up your victim, and monologue the entire plot - mention also any explosive devices you may have, or secret swiss bank accounts - my experience (entirely from watching James Bond films, mind) is that he will then pull a bizarre Harry Houdini and wriggle out of the most unfeasible predicament, and bring you down, along with the so-called authorities, the government and the Berlin Wall.

But seriously, I do try to limit my boasting about my crimes to those I have already been convicted of - or at least those I have already committed, for fear of a cunning plan falling though by way of hubris, lack of secrecy, poor planning, or just giggling too much.

I shouldn't discourage you, though, as I am waiting with some anticipation to see how things turn out; I hope its more Patrick McGooghan than Charlie Chaplin...

SC

Nice...........maybe a touch of Sellers or Cleese in there also.

Thanks for all ur suggestions and even some strange ones that were PM to me. Just to clear the air.......I ain't no snob and I have nothing about individuals from Isaan, etc or even about Brit Pensioners, etc. I do not care if a person is poor or rich , educated or not-educated but I do care for a certain degree of civility and general cleanliness and manners.

I just came back to my unit after work to see the same mess outside. Sights! I am planning something drastic but its not what some of u are thinking.......Yes I do wish they die! but I am not the one who will ever want to dirty my hands.

One of my Thai neighbours who also hate this family checked and found out that the Brit's chap details are not with the Juristic Office. By law, the juristic office is suppose to be having it and sending a copy to Immigration. They have asked him many times but he has never responded. The lease was taken under the name of the female thing! On the top of that, he never goes out and has a man of African origin visiting him sometimes and also my neighbour said the guards suspect that he has been taking certain narcotics by the poolside. What I am planning to to inform the authorities. But we want to do it the right way so that the whole family gets into a real serious mess not just say possession but more that that. I am willing to pay the authorities whatever. Trust me just give me a couple of days more to get rid of this trash. Thanks for all the suggestions but I do not think it will work on this lower life forms and that this might be the best action.

Normally, when I am planning a cunning and devious ploy, I also discuss it sotto voce with the audience - I learnt that from Shakespeare.

Remember to tie up your victim, and monologue the entire plot - mention also any explosive devices you may have, or secret swiss bank accounts - my experience (entirely from watching James Bond films, mind) is that he will then pull a bizarre Harry Houdini and wriggle out of the most unfeasible predicament, and bring you down, along with the so-called authorities, the government and the Berlin Wall.

But seriously, I do try to limit my boasting about my crimes to those I have already been convicted of - or at least those I have already committed, for fear of a cunning plan falling though by way of hubris, lack of secrecy, poor planning, or just giggling too much.

I shouldn't discourage you, though, as I am waiting with some anticipation to see how things turn out; I hope its more Patrick McGooghan than Charlie Chaplin...

SC

Nice...........maybe a touch of Sellers or Cleese in there also.

You know, maybe that would be a better feature for the forum than the old green bottles / red bottles thing.

This poster is most like:

- Charlie Chaplin

- Peter Seller

- Mary Whitehouse

- Whitehouse Digest

Tick as appropriate

Anyway, I have to say that the OP is more Kenneth Williams than Ernst Stavro Blofeld

SC

to the poster , my biggest advice : Stay Calm and easy !

On the solution of his woes :

There is this poster who suggests to incorporate soft pushes via superstitional behaviour of the Isarn inhabitants of said condo. I like this idea VERY much !!

If I were you,m I would softly and cautiously invoke small blows. One is, when the family plus their drunk brit is on foot and away, dare to shift small amounts of garbage to their doorstep, So when they return, they willl have to step over a small amount of the trash they had shuffled before. Commence this as often as you can. They may knock your door commandig explanations, but then it is up to you to tell them, that you hear tiny voices emerging from their room when they are absent. Tell them that you and your wife hear tiny , soft weeps coming rom the premise when the tenants are not there. They will soon start to believe that a ghost is involved , and take action. You will get rid of them for sure. Play it upon them and have fun doing so.

I just hope that your "upmarket" condo will maintain it's value , despite rumours of ghosts hauntig the building . . . . .

SC

:lol: Yer! I tend to agree, the OP is now coming across as a bit of a "DR Evil" (the spy who shaged me) :lol:

Strange really, this is happening in 8M baht condo. And its juristic person is incapable to manage with this?

I can't believe the building management can't contact the unit's real owner, they must have number to contact in case of any emergency, his/her people, family at least. OP, are you sure you went to speak to the right officer who is mature enough? Low level of staffs usually been "too fool" to fix all kinds of "New" problem, especially to deal with Farangs. Or you can ask for the owner's number and make the phone call yourself to complain. I think this should be decent way to manage with your current crazy neighbors.

Also, as my understanding, they done the trash and dirtiness in the aisle which is the area between your unit and theirs, right? Moreover, they washed, and done some dirty in the swimming pool area, restroom area. I consider these areas as building's premises, so the building management must have full right to amange with this. Why they can't do? I don't understand.

May be you can go to speak with the building management again and point for the pest control's problem as its consequence which will cost the building more for the expenditure.

Well, I don't mind when you stated Thai Issan are dirty, not to agree with, but as seen, most of them are as you said (IMO)

Not sure if it is acceptable to do but perhaps a picture of the King directly across from their door might help. They will not want to throw trash and beer bottles out if the King is looking .

Or, perhaps wait until they are outside their apartment and go out and clean up their mess with them standing there. Smile and be friendly and maybe they get the point.

Or, the ghost thing might work....

Don't get angry just wait it out and a solution will be found.

good luck

Another idea to push the condo manager is to bitch at them about keeping the hallway clean. I am sure the condo is responsible for cleaning the hallways. Tell them to do ten times a day if necessary. It's their problem to address not your problem. Don't get too involved or angry as Thais in the building will not support you...most have no balls or just don't really care.

Freakin heck Id have this done and dusted by now, too much pussying around, a neighbour who couldnt stop slamming his door at all hours had my araldite clear shoved in his lock, that ended the door slamming along with a Thai note telling him why and so he'd think its was a Thai person not the ever smiling Farang next door. They behave like tw**s treat em like twa***s they obviously dont care what u or anyone else thinks.

Edited by travelmann

I'm sure I could have fun with this one. I like the idea of locking them in with glue on the door and an outside padlock. Then I'd drill a 3 inch hole in the door and release a few venomous snakes through the hole before patching it shut. That should keep them busy for a while. :lol:

Give me time and I'll think of some other novel ideas. :D

I'm sure I could have fun with this one. I like the idea of locking them in with glue on the door and an outside padlock. Then I'd drill a 3 inch hole in the door and release a few venomous snakes through the hole before patching it shut. That should keep them busy for a while. :lol:

Yes, always a good idea to provide your captives with food...

If the other neighbors are upset the same as you, don't worry so much. Something will happen. Let the Thai's deal with it. In the mean time, I would keep sweeping the trash in front of their door to keep it out of your way. Let them swim in their own filth. Since they are renting, they will be gone eventually. Hang in there.

Yer! I tend to agree, the OP is now coming across as a bit of a "DR Evil" (the spy who shaged me) :lol:

Hmmm? You called? :whistling: Btw, it's spelled: shagged.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the riffraff OP.

EvilDr. and Mrs. Somkid will be moving out of our reab roy apartment next year and moving into a proper house.

Our 13th floor does not have this kind of issues, luckily.

The elevators can be a bit dodgy though and some cars have been stolen from the garage.

I would be clueless to how to get rid of these low-lifes, but I would second the curse on door trick.

As one clever reply mentioned "I'm sure I could have fun with this one..." This is all so ridiculous ...Whatever these neighbors have done it is nothing illegal ... Yet the TV gang herein have suggested things that could be construed as destruction of property (destroying locks) and possible criminal acts.

Has it occurred to you that your neighbors in question and possibly some others who seem to do nothing about them are trying to get rid of YOU? ... and are just waiting for you to do something stupid enough so that THEY can call the coppers?

As one clever reply mentioned "I'm sure I could have fun with this one..." This is all so ridiculous ...Whatever these neighbors have done it is nothing illegal ... Yet the TV gang herein have suggested things that could be construed as destruction of property (destroying locks) and possible criminal acts.

Has it occurred to you that your neighbors in question and possibly some others who seem to do nothing about them are trying to get rid of YOU? ... and are just waiting for you to do something stupid enough so that THEY can call the coppers?

That is what wimps do... they go crying home to their mommies or hire lawyers to do their dirty work for them.

None of us here, other than the OP, know the actual circumstances of what went on, or is going on. We can only surmise by previous experiences in Thailand.

Unless you've got connections with the proper authorities then nothing is likely to happen.

I agree ... Wimps put glue in someone's locks like 14 year old juvenile delinquents rather than confronting the situation as an adult ... and yes if someone were to ever vandalize my locks as some act of retribution you would find out just what connections I might have.

...and that is simply because I do not own my own locks -- you would damaging the building owner's locks... and the building owner in this instance does not have connections; the building owner IS connections.

Edited by jazzbo

I agree ... Wimps put glue in someone's locks like 14 year old juvenile delinquents rather than confronting the situation as an adult ... and yes if someone were to ever vandalize my locks as some act of retribution you would find out just what connections I might have.

Don't get so serious, jazzbo. We are all just having fun here answering hypothetical questions that may or may not be true... just as the replies are mostly just in fun. Why would anyone come to an open internet forum and expect a serious answer to hypothetical question when nobody knows all the facts? And, I can assure you, I would also react with some form of retribution if someone glued my locks shut. But, I wouldn't post about it on the internet.

I have sympathy with the OP who didn't expect a slovenly neighbour to move in next door. But it can happen anywhere, and even in high end neighbourhoods of North America. I personally know of three homes in my area of Canada that were rented to supposedly good tenants, and the homes were subsequently turned into marijuana grow ops. The homes were totally destroyed by the smell and condensation and had to be torn down. It was neighbours who blew the whistle because of all the attending problems that go with grow-ops.

Reading this story, I have a picture in my mind of a distraught and frustrated OP, making the final touches to his plans which he believes should bring him a quiet and stress free life.

Then I have the other half of the picture which is a guy sitting in a condo in scruffy attire with overflowing trash cans, reading about his soon to be demise on the internet, on TV , with the rest of us!

Hope he's not smart enough for counter attack!

Agree, stupid to tell the world you plan to grass someone up.

That ghost angle is by far the best and easiest angle to capitalize on. These people are totally 100% petrified of ghosts, even more so if their from up-country and just bangkokian transplantees. If you don't believe me, try to get ANY thai to bend forward and look back behind them between their legs at nite; evidently the sure fire way to make thai ghosts visible to the naked eye. No one will do it, no matter how drunk they are, they’re just freaked by the mention of doing it.

Have your thai significant other or housekeeper, spread around the ghost rumor, saying you've seen one, heard one, etc, and thais will pay attention. Maybe some late nite clanking of chains, or mysterious loud bangs will help things along.

Another suggestion is getting some pigs blood at the local market, and making bloody footprints down the hallway right to their apartment door in the middle of the nite. That definitely freaks thais out (and is in nearly all the thai horror movies too). It also helps if you make them backwards, so it looks like someone walked OUT of their apartment with bloody feet. FWIW: if you buy a kilo or so of fresh pork at the local market, they'll usually give you a small water bottle full of fresh pigs blood for the asking.

(Oh, BTW: don't make the footprints yourself, as thai ghosts don’t have foreign sized feet, except that tall big-footed blue ghost but he ain’t all that scary, lol. You need a thai sized footprint to carry maximum shock value, a thai child would be best really. Those kiddy ghosts here in thailand are pretty vicious from what I've seen on thai movies :lol: )

Good luck, sad to hear that the other thais on the same floor won't deal with it the thai way. We had some slovenly neighbors living in the next compound who thought our compound was their trash area. That is until we collected their garbage for a week and threw it all back over the fence in front of their door while they were out. Never had it happen again. ;)