Ah Nuts.....

hanuman1

Hello

My name's hanuman1 and I'm an addict.

It started with 40g packets of the cheap stuff and soon progressed to the more expensive, exotic sh*t. I thought I could handle it, but a bag a week turned into every couple of days and to cut a long story short I'm now on a 150g bag per day.

I'm regularly clearing the local 7-Eleven's shelf of my favorite brands - Tong Garden peanuts and Camel pistacchios. It's got to the point now that the staff know exactly what I'm in there for every day.

I'm looking for 500g to 1Kg (or more) packs of peanuts and/or pistacchios. Does anyone know if these are available in CM? It would both cut my costs and save innumerable trips to 7.

Please hook me up, I'm begging you man (or woman).

h1

Edited by hanuman1

NUT .

for your health i suggest you stop eating so much ,

most of ths NUT you eating is nice if you eat a little as some have very high SALT on it .

and also NUT is very Heaty Food . what you might notice maybe you start to SHIIT funny . specially if you do not chew well .

is not that you cannot live on a NUT diet , but you need to consider the Side effect of doing anything over the average normal limit .

so instead of pointing you to where ot buy lArger pack of NUT which i do know .

my suggestion is you start moderating your Addiction .

too much of anything is NOT Good for you .

NUT .

most of ths NUT you eating is nice if you eat a little as some have very high SALT on it .

and also NUT is very Heaty Food . what you might notice maybe you start to SHIIT funny . specially if you do not chew well .

is not that you cannot live on a NUT diet , but you need to consider the Side effect of doing anything over the average normal limit .

What? You're saying you know where to get it but you're not telling me? That's cold-blooded, my friend.

I don't mind going unsalted, but they gotta be dry roasted and not like that awful low-grade Pagoda brand mess.

And FYI, I can sincerely assure you that there is absolutely nothing funny about my SHIIT.

I thank you.

PS - the peanuts have got zero cholesterol surely one can't get enough of zero cholesterol!?

don't believe what the seller want to say ,

find out yourself if eating so much NUt is really good or bad yourself .

i can be cold blooded sometime whhahahahhaha

the best Nut i had is Hand roast over a Pot of Sand .

seriously . just stick to tong garden and reduce what you eat .

is not good for health .

if you prolong this diet you may start shiiting blood .

I think you'll find most nuts available in bulk at the Yok Intertrade baking supply shop on the superhighway across from Carrefour. Lots and lots of nuts. If you've got a chocolate jones they can hook you up with that as well.

BTW, I failed to thank you for the Macbeth review. Couldn't talk the kids into going but I went and it was as you described but I enjoyed it anyhow. Thanks.

there are peanuts also with no salt added. Tops has a house brand or something that are roasted in the shell without added salt. They come in shrink wrapped plastic and 19 baht I think.

Salt is horrible for the body..... right up there with processed carbs.

The Intertrade baking supply tip is a good piece of info.. I did not know about them either... Thanks for sharing that LannaRebirth

Thanks very much lannarebirth and CobraSnakeNecktie *indignant glance at Ta22*

I'll definitely check out Yok's place and try to go for a non-salted bulk score.

As for sh*ting blood, Mr Ta22, have you actually heard of this happening to anyone as a result of eating nuts? I thought they were a good source of fiber. Your words strike me hard as steel and seek to deny me of one of the few things I enjoy doing that isn't generally considered anti-social or unhealthy. dam_n you, sir! Are you trying to destroy my life?

At ease.

Edited by hanuman1

I have found that the peanuts that I like best here in Chiang Mai can be gotten in various packaged quantities at Tanin Market behind the 7-11 at the stop light on Chang Puak Road. The woman has other nuts in bulk also. The price is affordable and they come lightly oiled and unsalted; if you prefer she will include a packet of salt at no extra cost. Her display is in the northwest corner of the market. Maybe other markets have similar products.

Nut iteself is a Very Heaty Food type that if ingested alots will mess up the stomach an intestine . imagine if you pour cement infto a pipe with sand mix in it .

that what happen when you eat tons of Nuts . the healthy way is to have a healthy Mix of diet . let say you love NUTS . eat it once every few days and during times when you do not try FRUIT .

i am not joking about the you be shiiting blood if you keep up this diet .

the Body dry up of water that is Sap up by the NUTS and you will have what we call HEATY diet . which will in turn mess up the balance in your body . unless you down with alots of water the body is going ot find sources of hydro in your body itself . which in return . will give you digestion problem .

to make thing simple . is easy to find NUTS but is HARD to find Good health

Makro.

And Kitchen Friend.

Boht sell nuts in wholesale quantities. (Pistachios, Almonds, Macademia, Cashew, Pecan, etc.)

Where is kitchen friend?

cheers

Just south of the Super Highway and on the Lampoon Road here in Chiang Mai. As soon as you cross under the Super Highway, look for a large building with a parking lot on the left. And in case you are interested, a great RC Helicopter/Airplane and BB Gun shop is a few doors down.

Nut iteself is a Very Heaty Food type that if ingested alots will mess up the stomach an intestine . imagine if you pour cement infto a pipe with sand mix in it .

that what happen when you eat tons of Nuts . the healthy way is to have a healthy Mix of diet . let say you love NUTS . eat it once every few days and during times when you do not try FRUIT .

i am not joking about the you be shiiting blood if you keep up this diet .

the Body dry up of water that is Sap up by the NUTS and you will have what we call HEATY diet . which will in turn mess up the balance in your body . unless you down with alots of water the body is going ot find sources of hydro in your body itself . which in return . will give you digestion problem .

to make thing simple . is easy to find NUTS but is HARD to find Good health

GW Carter would probably have argues with anyone who badmouthed peanuts. Love them roasted, with a wee bit of salt, and a cold beer. Wish they had beer nuts here, anyway off to town to indulge in a pastime involving beer and nuts

The recommended daily allowance of sodium (U.S.) is 2.4 grams. In the UK it's 1.6 grams. In my 150gram Tong Garden Peanuts bag, salt is 1% of net weight, so okay as long as not much more salt is eaten in the day, although I wouldn't mind unsalted nuts either.

I think Ta22 is applying the 'too much is bad for you' argument, which of course can be applied to any substance in the world. Water. Too much and you drown. Air. Too much and you explode. Nuts. Too much and your ass bleeds.

Happy munching.

Edited by hanuman1

Hanuman you could always rinse your nuts of their salty excess and then be able to eat more each day before having an arterial explosion. There would be a slight danger of soggy nuts but that might be cured with a hair dryer or toaster oven.

Ta22 on the other hand could soak his nuts to improve their digestibility and thus reduce any epic ass bleeding episodes.

UG could take unsalted nuts and lightly dust them with a hint of healthy sea salt.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

<br>IMHO nuts are very healthy, but too much salt is not. My problem is that I do not like them much without it. Lightly salted nuts with a good sea salt would be a real find.

Unsalted nuts at Kahsam's sea salt in a grinder at Rimping.

Edited by jayjay0

NUT .

Well the Squirrels look ok on them Ta plus hanuman will be able to scamper along them telephone lines a lot quicker :o:D.

UG could take unsalted nuts and lightly dust them with a hint of healthy sea salt.

When I have tried this in the past, the salt did not stick to the nuts and fell to the bottom of the container. Even if I shook them up, I got almost no salt taste. Any recomendations on how to make it stick?

When I have tried this in the past, the salt did not stick to the nuts and fell to the bottom of the container. Even if I shook them up, I got almost no salt taste. Any recomendations on how to make it stick?

Make sure your nuts are moist at all times. wink.gif

I would think a little bit of oil or perhaps heat to release some of the peanut oil would help the salt stick to the nuts.... Sounds like a lot of work though.. What about a sea salty liquid that could be sprayed onto the nuts? something like the Bragg's amino acid dispenser at Baan Suan Pak store....

okay had to look it up

"Add salt to hot water, and stir until disolved. Keep adding salt and stirring just until water becomes milky looking, and salt doesn't disolve easily. Put peanuts in the water and soak for 10 minutes, pour off water and allow peanuts to dry. Roast as you normally would. Whaalaa, fresh roasted, salted nuts."

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

I would think a little bit of oil or perhaps heat to release some of the peanut oil would help the salt stick to the nuts.... Sounds like a lot of work though.. What about a sea salty liquid that could be sprayed onto the nuts? something like the Bragg's amino acid dispenser at Baan Suan Pak store....

okay had to look it up

"Add salt to hot water, and stir until disolved. Keep adding salt and stirring just until water becomes milky looking, and salt doesn't disolve easily. Put peanuts in the water and soak for 10 minutes, pour off water and allow peanuts to dry. Roast as you normally would. Whaalaa, fresh roasted, salted nuts."

thanks much!

Make sure your nuts are moist at all times. wink.gif

My nuts are prone to mildew if i keep them moist too long :o .

Just add few drops (or more) of olive oil, peanut oil, or cooking oil to the mix. Salt stays on the peanuts...no problem.