Need Advise,Trying Out A New Product In Pattaya

stelen123

Hello all,

I would like advise or idea on how to try out a new product in Pattaya.

Anyone out there with a retail selling experience? There is any good and easy way to try a product if is sells or not in Thailand,

the ideal place would be i high traffic area (touristy) where I could sell this gift idea product, also the approach with a Thai sales person.

Anyone experienced anything before with the retail sales? Maybe tesco, big C, hotels? or wholesaling.

For more information we can private message,

Thanks,

Stefan

If you are thinking about approaching supermarkets and hotels ,You might have to deal with the head office as things are usually only given the go ahead for sales within them from there.But you might be able to speak to a local manager who will put you in the right direction if he thinks the product is viable.

You would certainly need someone who speaks Thai if you are not fluent . Have breakdown of wholesale and retail cost on a sales plan. Import taxes etc. You should also show sales figures if the goods being sold in different countries. You will need to demonstrate how the product is different to all the rest of the gifts being sold . You should also have some samples which you should be prepared to leave with them. A lot will depend on how different your product is.

Remember this is Thailand and things change from one week to the next here especially with customs and charges unless the product is being made here. I would look into all the costd rules and regulations before planning on spending cash.

I assume you are not Thai but have the idea to do business here selling an item. Firstly it is illegal for you to just set up shop regardless of what you are selling. You need a registered business. But to try out an item before that you could talk to one or more of the many established vendors with souvenir stalls at various malls (or have a Thai friend do that) and see if they are willing to try to sell on a "consignment" basis whereby they don't buy from you unless its sold.

people may have failed to notice that your product is metallic prints and having seen your website,its essentially artwork

i suggest the best thing to do would be to informally approach the vendors on ''Art Street'' at the side of mikes shopping mall

hang a few in there, put them on a commission and see what happens

people may have failed to notice that your product is metallic prints and having seen your website,its essentially artwork

i suggest the best thing to do would be to informally approach the vendors on ''Art Street'' at the side of mikes shopping mall

Thanks Timekeeper for your message, that is true many people just like to be negative right away. I just wanted to know if anyone had any input how to approach the retail market idea, since i'm new here in Thailand.

Edited by stelen123

Thanks Timekeeper for your message, that is true many people just like to be negative right away. I just wanted to know if anyone had any input how to approach the retail market idea, since i'm new here in Thailand.

your welcome

the prints look wonderful

i hope you succeed