Cant Find The Answer To My 'Non O' Quiery

You can not obtain a visa in Thailand but could get the same type in KL or some other locations but normal requirement is 100k in a bank account to show along with the marriage proof and wife ID documents.

If your income is foreign your embassy can issue paperwork to use that for one year extensions of stay from immigration. You use a TM.7 form for that and both you and wife have to fill out paperwork and submit a number of documents.

Like I said this is my 4th Type O and I have NEVER been asked to show any financial documnets. Only my marriage license and copy of wife's ID card. It sounds like I should just walk into Pattaya Immigration and ask there as they are the ones to issue and will tell me the requirements that "they" feel are enforced at the time.

Thanks for talking the time to answer.

Edited by Jayman

1. Pattaya can not issue such a visa. Nor can any other office inside Thailand. They can only answer questions for one year extensions of stay.

2. This is not the USA. Requirements to obtain a multi entry visa from a local consulate is often more strict than in a western home country - you are expected to extend your stay if of financial means so single entry is all that is required for most people.

1. Pattaya can not issue such a visa. Nor can any other office inside Thailand. They can only answer questions for one year extensions of stay.

2. This is not the USA. Requirements to obtain a multi entry visa from a local consulate is often more strict than in a western home country - you are expected to extend your stay if of financial means so single entry is all that is required for most people.

If I can get a 1yr extension here in country then why would I need a new visa? Are you saying the Pattaya Immigration can't give me a 1yr extension of stay on my current type-o to stay here and support my family?

To clarify my initial question.... How can I continue to legally stay here on my current type-o visa that expires in Feb 2011 without leaving Thailand after it expires in Feb 2011?

Edited by Jayman

I answered that in my first post to you.

If your income is foreign your embassy can issue paperwork to use that for one year extensions of stay from immigration. You use a TM.7 form for that and both you and wife have to fill out paperwork and submit a number of documents.

I answered that in my first post to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer. As I said in my earlier post I will go down to Pattaya Immigration to find out exactly what documents are required for me to stay. You can keep re posting your answer but without adding more details it is of little help.

I think you can go to Australia and mail your passport to the Brisbane consulate for Thailand and get a new Non-O.

I had a friend who got a non-O that way. Another went to Perth and got it in person and got a non-O in a couple of days. These were older expats who couldn't meet the 800,000 B qualifications though and presented income declarations and or cash, I think.

How have you manged to stay in Thailand with no job and no visible means of support? Savings?

Lot of people buy fake visas on Khao San Road too!

Just depends on how badly you want to stay. If you had a fake visa, I wouldn't advise leaving the country. But that would be hard to do too, since you'd need to make a visa run every 90 days.

Good Luck.

Brisbane will not issue based on friends and Perth has closed.

I went to the immigration department to ask about getting a non O visa for marriag purposes and they said it would be easier and I would need less documentation if I Did it from somewhere like Malaysia, but they didn't seem to know why it would be easier or what documentation I would need, does anyone know if it would be easier and what documentation I would need.

Thanks in advance :)

You do not need any special visa to get married. After marriage a non immigrant O visa is available from any Consulate. Immigration can convert another entry to non immigrant in the process of one year extension of stay only so that would require you be married and meet the financial requirements (400k in bank two months or 40k per month income).

So if I'm married to a thai I just need money in the bank (thai bank?) and I can get a non-o 1 year visa from either immigration or a consulate?

Thanks again :)

So if I'm married to a thai I just need money in the bank (thai bank?) and I can get a non-o 1 year visa from either immigration or a consulate?

Thanks again :)

No.

You could probably get a Multi Entry Non Imm Visa from your own country without a bank balance.

You could get a Multi Entry Non Imm Visa from a few Consulates in Asia with 100,000 Baht in the bank.

You could get a 12 month extension from Immigration with 400,000 Baht in the bank or 40,000 monthly income.

If I can get a 1yr extension here in country then why would I need a new visa?

You don't. But you're the one that seems to think you need a new Non Imm O visa in order to get a one-year extension based on marriage:

My type-O (and current entry stamp) expires in Feb 2011. Is there a way for me to go into Pattaya Immigration to have a new one issued? Or maybe have it converted to the type of non-o that allows me to stay all year

As long as you apply for a one-year marriage extension before your current 90-day permission of stay expires, you'll never ever again need to get a Non Imm O visa. Just remember to renew every year before expiration -- and to never leave the country without a re-entry permit. For many here on annual extensions, their last Non Imm O visa expired 15-20 years ago.

Do a little research on this forum. Lopburi has better things to do than to piss in the wind.

You may find your answer on the Thai Immigration Bureau website - see link below.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=stay

It is interesting to note that visa of any nature can/may be extended by immigration in Thailand, subject to certain conditions.

Those are the Tilleke & Gibbins translations of Police Orders. They are also available in the pinned items at the top of the Visas home page.

Just to be exact, Immigration do not extend Visas. They extend permisions to stay. :)

You may find your answer on the Thai Immigration Bureau website - see link below.

http://www.immigrati...e.php?page=stay

It is interesting to note that visa of any nature can/may be extended by immigration in Thailand, subject to certain conditions.

Those are the Tilleke & Gibbins translations of Police Orders. They are also available in the pinned items at the top of the Visas home page.

Just to be exact, Immigration do not extend Visas. They extend permisions to stay. :)

Pedentics- Which permission to stay they give you if you go and ask for it when your visa runs out or is about to,.,

Your visa does not run out - your number of permitted to stay days is what runs out when you are in Thailand. Immigration can extend that time per the regulations in Police Order 777/2551 and provide a 7 day under review period for those not meeting other criteria for a normal extension of stay.

As Lite Beer states correctly i'm not married & under i'm 50-when i first applied to Hull my reason for applying for non O (which i stated on the official form) was extended stay & to look for employment-could i not use the same criteria again to apply a second time?

You stated a lie. Full stop. Now you'd like to stay longer with a new lie??? :jap:

I know. It is amazing.

These knuckleheads never cease to amaze me.

No wonder us falang that don't lie get looked at sideways......

Go on Holiday to Cambodia

Post passport to friend at home via DHL

They sent passport to Birmingham/Hull/Cardiff consulate for new VISA

Friend post passport via DHL back to you in Cambodia

Should take less than 2 weeks

Hmmm interesting, very interesting. Would like to know if this is strictly legal?

As Lite Beer states correctly i'm not married & i'm under 50-when i first applied to Hull my reason for applying for non O (which i stated on the official form) was extended stay & to look for employment-could i not use the same criteria again to apply a second time?

You stated a lie. Full stop. Now you'd like to stay longer with a new lie??? :jap:

I know. It is amazing.

These knuckleheads never cease to amaze me.

No wonder us falang that don't lie get looked at sideways......

'sirchai' what 'lie' would that be then? what's your assumption? since i arrived in January i've been touring Thailand (extended stay) & for the last month have been job hunting (seeking employment) (both criteria that i SELECTED from a list on the official form from The Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, U.K.-so,no lie's .

if you go to the official website here-(http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx) & select download 'Ac' -go to page 1/6 you will read the feasibility of job hunting on a 'non O'.(copied/pasted below)

''This office cannot issue a Non-Immigrant Category “B” visa to anyone who is unable to demonstrate they are travelling to Thailand for genuine business purposes. Travelling to Thailand for the purpose of researching the possible acquisition of or establishing a business there is not considered an acceptable legitimate reason for applying for a business visa. Nevertheless such a person can apply to this office for a Non-Immigrant category “O” visa and when they obtain a job or acquire a business they can apply to the Thai Labour Office in Bangkok for a work permit''

According to the (Hull) site, you can use a 'non B' to work immediately for a maximum of 30 days (whilst waiting for work permit to be processed) but with a 'non O' you can only start working once the work permit has been issued/process completed.

I have just been offered a job so will apply to The Labour Dept. in BKK for a work permit thus solving my dilemma. :D

Mr.'SouthernMan3' perhaps you 'get looked at sideways' <_< because you are being judged as you seem to hastily do the same to other 'knuckleheads' ( i'll warrant i'm considerably less knuckleheaded than yourself )...

or perhaps your face is contorted with bitterness,making people wary of you?

The fact that you refer to yourself & others of your ilk as 'falang' is interesting-amazing even ! :whistling: i hope to read your humorous post's again sometime.

To the bitter angry 'venters' all nay saying & judging-if you dont want/are unable to post anything positive/constructive then dont post at all.

Thanks to anyone who posted useful comments/information....AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE !!! 55555555555!!!!! :D:D:D :jap:

While I am loathe to agree with the poster known as "sarahsbloke" his method NEITHER breaks ANY thai law, nor any law in the UK or the US. I know of well over 50 people, who in the last several years have done exactly what was suggested.

Thai law states you cannot apply for a visa to thailand via a thai embassy or consulate in another country WHILE inside the kingdom. There is abso-tively posi-lutely NOTHING written in thai immigrations laws saying you hafta actually be in the country where you're applying for a visa, NOT a single word or sentence. In fact I've got an email from Hull saying they'll issue a visa to anyone from an EU country whether that country has a thai embassy or not, and I should just allow more time in the post to receive the passport back.

Most people use Philippines, rather than Cambodia as the place to camp out while waiting for their passport and visa to wing its way back to S/E Asia, but I dunno why you couldn't sit out a coupla weeks in Cambodia. I also I know an american foreigner who has a guest house in Phnom Penh where MOST of his clientele are foreigners waiting for their passports to come back from either the US or Hull.

Copy your entry stamp and cover page of what ever country you’re in and keep it with you whilst you DHL or FedEx your passport to someone in the UK (or the US), they can send it on to a thai embassy, and post it back to you with the new visa.

Those are totally baseless and mistaken rumors about thai immigrations at the border 'catching' people who were in Cambodia yet possessed new visas issued from Hull or the US. NOTHING in thai law prohibits this, so how would they get caught? It’s just more bar-stool experts, parroting second or third hand distorted information as gospel.

Sorry to piss on your parade, but I’ve seen with my own eyes many, many passports which have it done without a hitch (or hiccup) comin' back into the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Now, just to pacify the nay-sayers; hypothetically is the person who does this breaking an immigration law in the country where he's waiting while he sends his passport out? Hmmmm, maybe, but because this is the THAI visa forum, I fail to see the relevance of bending laws in another country.

It is my experience what ever country you’re in, if you keep a low profile and don’t muck run you’re unlikely to ever be asked for your passport other than as proof when checking into a hotel, or some other ‘semi-official’ b/s task.

While I am loathe to agree with the poster known as "sarahsbloke" his method NEITHER breaks ANY thai law, nor any law in the UK or the US. I know of well over 50 people, who in the last several years have done exactly what was suggested.

Thai law states you cannot apply for a visa to thailand via a thai embassy or consulate in another country WHILE inside the kingdom. There is abso-tively posi-lutely NOTHING written in thai immigrations laws saying you hafta actually be in the country where you're applying for a visa, NOT a single word or sentence. In fact I've got an email from Hull saying they'll issue a visa to anyone from an EU country whether that country has a thai embassy or not, and I should just allow more time in the post to receive the passport back.

Most people use Philippines, rather than Cambodia as the place to camp out while waiting for their passport and visa to wing its way back to S/E Asia, but I dunno why you couldn't sit out a coupla weeks in Cambodia. I also I know an american foreigner who has a guest house in Phnom Penh where MOST of his clientele are foreigners waiting for their passports to come back from either the US or Hull.

Copy your entry stamp and cover page of what ever country you're in and keep it with you whilst you DHL or FedEx your passport to someone in the UK (or the US), they can send it on to a thai embassy, and post it back to you with the new visa.

Those are totally baseless and mistaken rumors about thai immigrations at the border 'catching' people who were in Cambodia yet possessed new visas issued from Hull or the US. NOTHING in thai law prohibits this, so how would they get caught? It's just more bar-stool experts, parroting second or third hand distorted information as gospel.

Sorry to piss on your parade, but I've seen with my own eyes many, many passports which have it done without a hitch (or hiccup) comin' back into the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Now, just to pacify the nay-sayers; hypothetically is the person who does this breaking an immigration law in the country where he's waiting while he sends his passport out? Hmmmm, maybe, but because this is the THAI visa forum, I fail to see the relevance of bending laws in another country.

It is my experience what ever country you're in, if you keep a low profile and don't muck run you're unlikely to ever be asked for your passport other than as proof when checking into a hotel, or some other 'semi-official' b/s task.

I couldn't agree more 'tod-daniels' -if you behave like an idiot you're going to attract unwanted attention-just be sensible & keep it low key...

This method doe's seem like a perfect little 'loophole' & makes sense what you say about not actually breaking any law in Thailand...however i do think it's very risky because as stated on the Thai consulate website-having a visa doe's not guarantee you entry to The Kingdom-The final decision rests with the officer in charge that day(on entering Thailand)...& if he's feeling vigilant / arrogant / high n mighty / got out of bed the wrong side or simply has a misunderstanding of 'The Rules' , it could backfire on you. I wonder if you know of any accounts where people have been refused entry by this method ?

I struggled for more than four years trying to get visa information from web sites, armchair attorneys and even hired an agent (21,000 baht for a retirement visa which THEY screwed up and I subsequently lost three months later!). I finally went to my embassy and recommend you do the same. At first. my embassy told me I needed to go to Thai immigration. I explained that, due to misinformation and mistakes from the Jomtien immigration office, I was not going to leave until they told me in detail what was needed for my visa. I was very polite, but firm, and once they saw my set-jaw determination, they brought up another assistant who cheerfully answered my questions and helped me with all details necessary. I now have an HONEST, guilt-free passport. Go to the experts! That's what they get paid to do . . .

By the way, the "agent" I hired said they would fix THEIR mistake for an additional 19,000 baht. To correct it myself took one day (trip to Bangkok for the embassy) and a total of 7,100 baht. I saved about 12,000 baht AND learned the right way to save this amount every year.

Edited by quandow

Very few Embassy people will have a clue about Thailand immigration matters; or even Thai Consulate visas. A retirement stay is about as easy as it can get. You meet the financials, have a non immigrant visa entry and extend using a TM.7 form and 4x6cm photo. Total cost for extension of stay 1,900 baht (add 2,000 baht more if you do not have the non immigrant visa entry and have to obtain from Immigration).

The financial is 800k in your name in bank account here for the previous 60 days and letter from bank of account balance/passbook and copies or letter from your Embassy of 65k per month income (or more) or a combination of the two to meet total of 800k per year.

There are businesses in the U.S. that specialize in this process - don't know of other countries though I have a friend who says he's used a similar outfit in Scotland. This is certainly one of those "grey" areas where you have to let your conscience be your guide.

What "process"? If you apply in Thailand it is the above and takes less than an hour (as you mention Jomtien) I suspect you are talking about doing here. If you do in your home country you use an Official Royal Thai Consulate and provide the paperwork they need (financial/medical/police report) and pay the normal 2 or 5k visa fee (single/multi entry) to obtain a one year stay on entry.