Bolivia recognizes Palestine as an independent state

News_Editor

Can the false propoganda.

"Forget Gaza. Do you see any of us starving in here? No. Gaza is a diversion tactic,"

Ahmad, the Arabic editor of Maan news.

:whistling:

this post is ridiculous.

Seeing is believing. Unsupported accusations are so much hot air.

If seeing really was believing, the Easter Rabbit is real and my Xmas presents were dropped off by some bearded dude in a red suit. Seeing and believing aren't the same.

I base my argument on Israeli Government documents...which usually are a source of hot air...but I can let it slide this time. They show deliberate and quite disturbing efforts to collectively punish a whole population. Starving them into submission.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flinging around wild, inaccurate accusations with no evidence to back it up - once again. :wacko:

:blink: (in before you use this icon)

lets compare evidence offered thus far:

me - "dashed hopes: continuation of the gaza blockade". compiled by 21 different groups, including oxfam, amnesty and save the children.

ulysses - youtube video. compiled by username israeligirl.

me - "procedure for monitoring and assessing inventories in the gaza strip". israeli state policy for permitting the transfer of goods into gaza. a document israel had denied existed for eighteen months which reveals that the state approved “a policy of deliberate reduction” of basic goods, including food and fuel, in the gaza strip.

ulysses - youtube video. compiled by username mordechay100.

who do your sources answer to UG ? who are their stake holders ? what is their vetting policy ? how many sources do they require to confirm facts ?

i am going to go ahead and guess they can pretty much do and say what they like on a platform like youtube. not too dissimilar to what you get up to on this forum - which explains a bit about your world view really.

;) (in before you use this icon...oh, hang on...i think you have used this one)

Flinging around wild, inaccurate accusations with no evidence to back it up - once again. :wacko:

Who are you trying to BS? You have not provided any evidence AT ALL. All you have done is thrown around a lot of names and insinuations with no links and no proof of anything.

Where is the BEEF? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Who are you trying to BS? You have not provided any evidence AT ALL. All you have done is thrown around a lot of names and insinuations with no links and no proof of anything.

Where is the BEEF? :rolleyes:

im trying to BS you. is it working ? :blink: (etc.)

because google challenges some:

"dashed hopes: continuation of the gaza blockade" - http://www.amnesty.org.uk/uploads/documents/doc_21083.pdf

"procedure for monitoring and assessing inventories in the gaza strip" - http://gisha.org/UserFiles/File/HiddenMessages/DefenseMinistryDocumentsRevealedFOIAPetition.pdf

what you have to do is copy the link (the bit with www at the front) and paste it into the address bar in your web browser. :jap: i will be fascinated to hear what you think now that you have the BEEF. by the way, how are you going with those questions on youtube posters ?

It is nice of you to finally provide some kind of link to something, but you need to back up those daft allegations with specific evidence instead of expecting others to sift through a complete report looking for connections to your theories.

I do see that it says that plenty of food is getting in - although you said that everyone was "starving" - and that Amnesty insists the defensive blockade should be lifted, but offers no solution to the suicide bombers and rockets that Hamas have been sending into civilian areas of Israel.

Still no BEEF.

Amnesty is not exactly known for being unbiased. Telling a country to drop a defensive blockade against a hostile terror group - that are firing rockets into civilian areas on a regular basis - without offering any alternative is not their "responsibility" either.

Amnesty is not exactly known for being unbiased. Telling a country to drop a defensive blockade against a hostile terror group - that are firing rockets into civilian areas on a regular basis - without offering any alternative is not their "responsibility" either.

Yes it is.

I suppose if things turned so bad for Israel that the state could no longer exist then you would be more than happy they had a slice of your country to settle. Good for you.

It'll never happen mate, just look at the map and their superiority! biggrin.gif

Actually, to be fair considering their size and all other states quaking at the knees, means either Israel is a SUPER DUPER power or the others are simply weaklings and cowards.

Edit: I'd sooner them settle in my country than those who are currently taking it over.....at least I'd be able to get on a train or bus without fear of being blown to pieces and the economy would shoot up at a rate of knots! wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

I suppose if things turned so bad for Israel that the state could no longer exist then you would be more than happy they had a slice of your country to settle. Good for you.

There are more Jews in my native country that in Israel now.

I would hardly call them disruptive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population#Largest_Jewish_populations_by_country

It'll never happen mate, just look at the map and their superiority! biggrin.gif

Actually, to be fair considering their size and all other states quaking at the knees, means either Israel is a SUPER DUPER power or the others are simply weaklings and cowards.

Edit: I'd sooner them settle in my country than those who are currently taking it over.....at least I'd be able to get on a train or bus without fear of being blown to pieces and the economy would shoot up at a rate of knots! wink.gif

I agree it will never happen, I was just putting up a proposal if it were to happen.

Perhaps the clout of Israel for their size may have something to do with who is backing them. I don't think it has much to do with whether the other countries are cowards or weaklings.

I'm not talking about them settling in your country, I'm talking about them having their own state, govt, in your country.

I agree it will never happen, I was just putting up a proposal if it were to happen.

Perhaps the clout of Israel for their size may have something to do with who is backing them. I don't think it has much to do with whether the other countries are cowards or weaklings.

I'm not talking about them settling in your country, I'm talking about them having their own state, govt, in your country.

You mean like taking over Palestine??

It doesn't exist according to the PLO.

On March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw ("Dagblad de Verdieping Trouw"), published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) executive committee member Zahir Muhsein, this is what he said.

"The Palestinian people do not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

I'm surprised intelligent people can't grasp the concept that Palestine is not a country and EVEN though it has been confirmed by the PLO. If it didn't exist according to the PLO in 1977, I don't know of anything that has changed that situation since....do you?

I'd sooner the Israeli's run my country, rather than the nincompoops that are currently making a pigs ear of it. I'd also feel a heck of a lot safer there and as I said previously the economy would boom.

Edited by uptheos

Be careful. Some of the Israel-bashers do not understand irony. :D

Not only irony, but absurdity.

israelincontext.jpg

A note; that is an overview of neighboring, Muslim countries, not Arab countries.

Agreed, it should read Islamic, but which one wouldn't want to see Israel wiped off this map?

I think people should be able to see the irony anyway.

If you compare say Iran to Israel, I think it's hard for those that hate Israel to comprehend or believe how Israel could in fact wipe Iran off the face of the earth if they so desired, in a heartbeat.

The teensy weensy little Jewish state....a super power!!

Edited by uptheos

They have two states of their own right now.

Florida in the winter and New York in the summer. B)

They have two states of their own right now.

Florida in the winter and New York in the summer. B)

Yep, they have a great life........hence people's jealousy.

Edited by uptheos

Jews comprise 80 percent of Israel's population.

Jews comprise 1.7 percent of the USA's population.

However, there are more Jews in the USA than Israel.

New York state is no more a Jewish state than a Puerto Rican one, or Florida a Cuban one ...

New York state is no more a Jewish state than a Puerto Rican one, or Florida a Cuban one ...

Does an attempt at sardonic humor have to have an emoticon for you to get it?

Not really but if you consider the comments of people like Helen Thomas implying that the Jews don't need a Jewish state (and should go "home" to places like Poland and Germany), its worth responding to.

Edited by Jingthing

Not really but if you consider the comments of people like Helen Thomas implying that the Jews don't need a Jewish state (and should go "home" to places like Poland and Germany), its worth responding to.

I removed Helen's grinning countenance from your post. OK?

If you were a little more knowledgeable of the personalities on this and other Israeli threads, you would know both myself and uptheos generally support the Israeli position. His comment was hardly as inflammatory as Helen Thomas', IMHO.