Non O Visa Extending?

I've got a Non O which is still valid until Oct.

We were planning to leave Thailand next week but have had to delay things until about the 3rd week in Jan. My 90 days are up 5th Jan.

I'd rather not do a visa run for the sake of a couple of weeks, so can I extend for a short time at Bangkok immigration? I'm married to a Thai and we have a (Thai born) child.

Thanks.

Spot.

Edited by spot

You should be able to obtain a 60 days extension of stay from Immigration to visit wife/child. Normal paperwork of marriage and husband and wife.

Thanks.

Does this have to be done at Bangkok where we are staying currently?

We were thinking of maybe taking a few days break in Hua Hin - could it be done there, or any other Immigration centre?

It should be done where the wife lives as that is the reason for the extension of stay and believe they will want to look at home register as part of her documentation. At least have proof of hotel if in transit. Believe Bangkok would likely be a better choice than Hua Hin.

It should be done where the wife lives as that is the reason for the extension of stay and believe they will want to look at home register as part of her documentation. At least have proof of hotel if in transit. Believe Bangkok would likely be a better choice than Hua Hin.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Spot.