Bohn Body Armor - The Long Haul

seedy

To be brief - the top is too warm. My HD mesh jacket with elbow and shoulder armor provided protection above the waist.

The Bohn bottoms - I had to remove the tailbone pad. It kept me from sliding my a** all the way to the step at rear of the seat. The knee/shin armor had a tendancy to shift around and often ended up below my knee/on the outside of my leg. I use three positions for my feet, to change the pressure point on my a** during a ride - the mid-mounted controls footpegs, highway pegs and the passenger pegs. So, my legs move around a lot.

That being said - I must come up with some way to keep the knee pads in place.

All in all - a good purchase. With the Alpinestars S-MX5 vented boots, I feel as safe as can be while being totally exposed.

The ride - awesome. First night Chumpoon. Woke up to rain so had an extra coffee. Rode a couple of klicks to the Caltex, and the sky opened up. Soon the rain blew in sideways, making the roof of the gas station useless. Was wet for the whole day until a hot shower in Sadao. Then was still wet - but warm.

Roads in Malaysia and Singapore perfect - gave up looking for potholes and hazards. Clean and quick. Was doing a good clip when I spied sets of lights in the mirror approaching quite rapidly. Porsche GT3, Ferrari 430, Aston Martin DB9 - envy.

All in all a ride to remember. Everyone returned safe and sound - which is the main thing.