Retirement Visa X

I am currently on a non O immigrant visa and when expired intend to apply for retirement extension

I satisfy all of the requirements, i.e. over 50, and will be transferring 800K baht to my Thai bank account to deposit for at least 3 months.

My question is, when I transfer 800K to my Thai bank am I able to deposit this money into an interest bearing account rather than to my savings account for which I get no interest?

Advice would be appreciated.

Most saving accounts in Thailand will pay some interest. Some posters here have locked their money into accounts here for one or two years which pay a higher rate but you cannot touch the money during the period.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Normally immigration will accept either savings accounts or normal fixed deposit cash bank accounts. The fixed deposit will pay higher interest but are expected to be held for a specific period so early withdrawal will lose some or all interest.

Beware, some immigration offices will not accept deposits in bank accounts other than a regular savings account with passbook. I was denied a visa at the Samut Prakarn office despite having proof of adequate funds in a current account for over three months.