Third Road Condo'S

bartender100

OK, this is a whinge, but please don't give me "move" because i probably will anyway.

Is anyone else having a big noise problem from the open ground on third road near to Center Point condo, we just had 10 nights of a very loud concert every-night, that got taken down 2 days ago, relieve for two nights, then today another one has set-up, and as i type this my windows are shaking with the bass.

I thought City Hall and the Mayor had promised to sort this sort of thing out

http://www.pattayamail.com/903/news04.shtml

Its not the bars that are the problem, its the open air temporary places.

Any comments from people living in the area?

Those open air concerts were going on in Third Road long before the Centre Point group of Condo's were built. Thanks for mentioning it though as it serves as a reminder not to move to that area. Third road is very much a Thai entertainment district and as such noise just comes with the territory.

Welcome to Thailand...these "free" concerts are considered a benefit by Thais (and you lucky foreigners) who buy city-center condos :lol:

"Welcome to Thailand" I've probably been around these parts a lot longer than you.

Anyway, it's not just Farangs that buy these condo's my Thai neighbor has to get up at 6am to go to work everyday, and he is one of the most ardent complainers, as is the juristic committee which are mainly Thai.

Times change, Pattaya has grown to a large city and many many Thai have prospered from it, and hopefully become more intelligent in matters of pollution and noise pollution, they have to accept if they want the Hiltons and Holiday Inn's, build upmarket condo's habits have to change.

BTW do your Thai friends know you call yourself Buddha, bit pretentious is it not? do we all have Wai to you?

Welcome to Thailand...these "free" concerts are considered a benefit by Thais (and you lucky foreigners) who buy city-center condos :lol:

I have lived in the village near this location many years longer than these concerts have been running. I live & work in Thailand and there are many parents nearby (Thai & Farang) who are sick and tired of these concerts as some go on much later than 1am and their kids have to be up for school in the mornings. I am fed up with it especially after the recent 10 day 'ear drum assault' and then again last night which was considerably louder. I have called 1337 about this but more people need to call and also a trip to City Hall with a petition might help. Anybody know who the event organisers are? or who owns the land? - maybe they should build a new condo on the land to put a stop to it !!

The next concert isn't scheduled until 16-Jan.

I do feel for the people living up in the condos as it must sound terrible up there!!

^ just to add to the above. A couple of my neighbours (Thai) actually called the police about the noise last night and although the police said they can't really deal with this they did say that they have had a lot of calls complaining about these events.

^ just to add to the above. A couple of my neighbours (Thai) actually called the police about the noise last night and although the police said they can't really deal with this they did say that they have had a lot of calls complaining about these events.

Thanks for the support, its bliss at the moment tonight.

Call the police?

They love it. Now they can extort the concert promoter even more.