Bangkok Bank

I was wounding , I am going to open an accout at Bangkok bank so i can do internet banking or siam commercial bank.

Any body have a certain branch were they can deal with me in English ?

And also would like to rent a safety deposit box at the same branch if possible.

any info would be help ful on a certain branch

thanks in advance

You didn't mention what part of Thailand you are in...banks have their branches all over the country. But for Bangkok Bank and if you live in Bangkok, I expect their Silom branch in their Headquarters Bangkok Bank building on Silom would provide the maximum English capability...when you walk in you will understand as there will be a LOT of farangs doing business there. But most, maybe all, of their branches can handle basic English communications.

Edited by Pib

The larger branches have safe deposit boxes, but there are often waiting lists. Ask about the abnormal sizes (larger boxes or smaller ones) and there may be some availability. Members of the Bualuang Exclusive program get priority access (3MB up).

As stated by other posters, most large branches speak English (in fact I am pretty sure that at least one person in most of our branches speaks English but you may not find them to day you visit).

If you need any help please PM me, But I will be out for a couple of days so there may be a small lag. Thanks

As stated by other posters, most large branches speak English (in fact I am pretty sure that at least one person in most of our branches speaks English but you may not find them to day you visit).

If you need any help please PM me, But I will be out for a couple of days so there may be a small lag. Thanks

Ian, As per a recent post you made in another thread ... you were interested in hearing suggestions for improvements ... well, it's about bank boxes

I have a box with your bank (thanks) but I did have a bit of a job getting one. I fully understand that there is much greater demand than supply, but what made the task tedious was that I had to call in to every branch in Chiang Mai to enquire about availability. I would have thought it was not too difficult to maintain a central database (for each major town at least), whereby I could call one number (a web site even better) to see which branches had availability of boxes (perhaps even how long the waiting list was), and what sizes were or were not available.

Cheers

Bruce

Ian, As per a recent post you made in another thread ... you were interested in hearing suggestions for improvements ... well, it's about bank boxes

I have a box with your bank (thanks) but I did have a bit of a job getting one. I fully understand that there is much greater demand than supply, but what made the task tedious was that I had to call in to every branch in Chiang Mai to enquire about availability. I would have thought it was not too difficult to maintain a central database (for each major town at least), whereby I could call one number (a web site even better) to see which branches had availability of boxes (perhaps even how long the waiting list was), and what sizes were or were not available.

Cheers

Bruce

Good recommendation. Thanks. I will forward to the Product team. I am not actually sure how this runs so there may already be something. I will let you know.