Swedish Man Found Dead In Phuket

webfact

Swedish man found dead in Phuket

phuket-1-jOuOITN.jpg

Kusoldharm Foundation workers prepare to take the Swedish man's body

to Thalang Hospital.

phuket-4-xuyWebl.jpg

Mr Felipe Basualto Trincado's passport.

PHUKET: -- Police in Phuket are investigating the death of a Swedish man whose body was found in his rented room at Cherng Talay yesterday.

Police identified the man as Swedish national Felipe Basualto Trincado, 25, born in Santiago, Chile.

His next of kin in Sweden have been notified of his passing, Swedish Embassy officials confirmed today.

Mr Basualto Trincado’s body was found hanging by the neck from the inside doorknob of his rented room on the second floor of an apartment block near Bang Tao Beach.

Although the body had several large lesions on the forearms and legs, police said there were no signs of struggle inside the room.

Apartment owner Kordetch Komkong said he used a master key to enter the room at about noon after he noticed an unusual odor emanating from within the room.

Police estimated the time of death as 14 hours before they arrived, soon after 2:40pm yesterday.

Officers found his passport and other personal documents in a backpack inside the room.

Mr Kordetch said Mr Basualto Trincado contacted him the day before, Christmas Day in Phuket, asking to rent a room.

Upon check-in, said he did not have his passport or other identification, said Mr Kordetch.

Although the Swede appeared absent-minded and listless, he decided to allowed him to take the room anyway, Mr Kordetch added.

Kusoldharm Foundation workers took Mr Basualto Trincado's body to Thalang Hospital for further examination.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-12-27

Curious,

a Chilean, issued a Swedish passport in August of 2010.

Any Swedes on the forum here (?), is it easy to get a Swedish passport if you are not from Sweden?

Possibly not a great deal different from my daughter who has a UK passport but was born in Thailand.

Curious,

Any Swedes on the forum here (?), is it easy to get a Swedish passport if you are not from Sweden?

Can be multiple reasons, mother/father Swedish,wife Swedish, immigrant living in Sweden so and so many years, etc

Curious,

Possibly not a great deal different from my daughter who has a UK passport but was born in Thailand.

Quite a Big difference I because he is not half Swedish, he is an immigrant... and when your daughter is 18 she will have to make the choice which nationality she will take... I take it her mother is Thai, if her mother is not Thai , then she will never have a Thai passport , born here or not.

Curious,

He clearly got his passport in Sweden, Stockholm. Most likely naturalized as a young kid.

Sad something made him so sad that he hanged himself.

:blink:

""Mr Basualto Trincado’s body was found hanging by the neck from the inside doorknob of his rented room on the second floor of an apartment block near Bang Tao Beach.""

A 25 year old guy and 184cm tall...hanging from a doorknob ? :blink:

LaoPo

:blink:

""Mr Basualto Trincado's body was found hanging by the neck from the inside doorknob of his rented room on the second floor of an apartment block near Bang Tao Beach.""

A 25 year old guy and 184cm tall...hanging from a doorknob ? :blink:

LaoPo

That was my immediate thought also, how can you hang yourself from a door knob unless you are a midget?

Curious,

Can be multiple reasons, mother/father Swedish,wife Swedish, immigrant living in Sweden so and so many years, etc

He was about the right age to be the son of political refugees. Many people from Chile fled to Sweden (and other European countries) to scape from Pinochet and other tin-pot dictators reach during the 60s and 70s.

Curious,

Quite a Big difference I because he is not half Swedish, he is an immigrant... and when your daughter is 18 she will have to make the choice which nationality she will take... I take it her mother is Thai, if her mother is not Thai , then she will never have a Thai passport , born here or not.

Still not seeing the difference - I do not see anywhere in the OP information that clarifies the issue or states that he is not half swedish. Just to drag things further off topic, though not common, it is not unusual for ppl to have a country of birth that differs from their country of residence or where they class themselves as a citizen - you only need to look at arguably the two most important ppl in Thailand as an example.

Although the body had several large lesions on the forearms and legs, police said there were no signs of struggle inside the room.

Smells fishy. Something is wrong.

Hung from the door knob.... did he have to lie down to kill himself.

Only way is from the outside knob over the top, but it says inside.

Seems just tie a rope around the neck and hang from a door knob

is enough to make a presumption of suicide.... TIT

Edited by animatic

Just to clarify, it is possible to hang yourself from a door nob. I had a good friend, a lady who worked in Thailand. She hung herself from with her curtains. If you can get it rapped around your neck tight enough and then pass out, you will die. The noose has to be such that it doesn't release when you pass out.

My condolences to the friends and family. I hope the police investigate carefully, since cases like this are always open to questions.

Just to clarify, it is possible to hang yourself from a door nob. I had a good friend, a lady who worked in Thailand. She hung herself from with her curtains. If you can get it rapped around your neck tight enough and then pass out, you will die. The noose has to be such that it doesn't release when you pass out.

My condolences to the friends and family. I hope the police investigate carefully, since cases like this are always open to questions.

Indeed, people seem to confuse hangings that is aimed for breaking the neck and those that kill via suffocation.

One approach that is gaining traction is to sit on a chair, leaning forward, have the noose around your neck attached at some 45 deg angle up behind up, then to consume some amount of sleeping pills and alcohol to fall asleep. When this is done the forward pressure of your body will make sure you will suffocate but you will not feel pain nor wake up during the event.

Indeed, people seem to confuse hangings that is aimed for breaking the neck and those that kill via suffocation.

One approach that is gaining traction is to sit on a chair, leaning forward, have the noose around your neck attached at some 45 deg angle up behind up, then to consume some amount of sleeping pills and alcohol to fall asleep. When this is done the forward pressure of your body will make sure you will suffocate but you will not feel pain nor wake up during the event.

Suffocation? Or restricting the flow of blood?

Another one beaten to death then made to look like a suicide . Most times farangs beaten to death are reportet to have "died from natural causes", of course the heart stopped.

If the title had said - Swedish Man Found dead in Pattaya - .....

Suffocation? Or restricting the flow of blood?

Suffocation.

Exactly.

Edited by neverdie